• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax3901

I love how even when faced with people who aren't 100% on board he doesn't back down or get awkward. Even laughs when getting called crazy by his spirit animal. Just a great attitude :)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard real good things. I just saw on their website. Looks like Kyle is doing a Tetris stream tonight!

Nice!

Also I died when Vandenberghe went "You lack enthusiasm".
And the end bit xD great edit!

Only thing that confused me a bit in the sense that it drew my attention away from people answering was when Huber was so hype that he couldn't stop himself from looking into the camera while interviewing xD.

Top moment of this E3 for me (at least so far; still going through all this #content):

OfsrrEM.gif

(RE7 reveal)

That reveal trailer was so perfect, same with the Batman VR one with Hamill's Joker. Both of them were like WTF no way.

Ben's smile in there as it sinks in is so good too.

Sevyne

Huber Syndrome was INCREDIBLE. I loved every second of it.

Will we be getting any Bosman footage from E3? I enjoyed his of years past.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Bosman recorded some stuff. I think they mentioned something during one of the recent streams.

Lexad

Dat Brandon Ending

Warren Spector was legitimately creeped out

Vandenbergh was great, and Huber yelling his name across the convention hall.

Dat KH2.8. - Bradley Ellis is a good man, nay, a great one

MrPanic

I wasn't ready for that episode, that whole video was just straight perfection, everything was on point. It's been quite a while since the last time I watched a video on youtube with so much joy. Great job EZA.

Man, these guys just make me happy to watch. A buddy of mine said "I bet Huber is freaking out right now" after the RE7 unveil. We don't know him and he certainly doesn't know us, but that whole crew has made it feel like they have developed a relationship with all gamers thanks to their enthusiasm for our hobby and display of friendship with each other. So cool out of everyone at EZA.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I get E.T. vibes when Brad tells Huber "he's going home" with the face he makes and how his expression changes when Brad follows up with "to Square Enix" is pure gold.

Two Words

Something that bugged me about the conference streams was how small the conference feed was. I get that they want to have the cast, Easy Allies name and Patreon all showing during the stream, but I felt like there was a lot of wasted space. It made me have to watch other streams instead live and come back to EZA later.

Something that bugged me about the conference streams was how small the conference feed was. I get that they want to have the cast, Easy Allies name and Patreon all showing during the stream, but I felt like there was a lot of wasted space. It made me have to watch other streams instead live and come back to EZA later.
Apparently Damiani didn't get the memo that it's OK to have the stream full screen. I tried to let him know, oh well.

Burt

I'm like 98% sure I heard someone on stream (Damiani maybe?) say that publishers and platform holders don't like it when you fullscreen their conference on your own channel. Which makes sense, I guess. Granted, a lot of other places were doing just that. I don't think it's the sort of thing that's subject to formal Twitch punishment, but EZA is in that weird middle ground right now where they're not small enough to not give a shit, but not big/established enough to wager a PR/press copy relationship over it.

I enjoyed having them fullscreen rather than the conference personally, since YT's speed control makes it easy enough to sync things up, but I can see how opinions might differ over the subject.

BUT IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUT THE QUALITY REACTION GIFS WE'VE BEEN GIFTED

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I think they were asked to not oversize the conference streams so for the sake of good relations they played by the rules. Also I think this format satisfies people that are mostly in for EZA reactions and plan to absorb the information of the conferences later in greater detail through news. I think with that it's easy to mix and match if one likes to follow the conference along more(by having separate windows with the official stream and EZA stream in the background/resized, etc)

Two Words

There were also very vocal requests from this thread to format it the way we did and when we did a live poll, the preference was 50/50.

And yes this:

I didn't mind the format. I just thought in practice there was a bit of wasted space.

Maybe it was just the seating arrangement, but it would have been nice if the Easy Allies logo was higher as well as the cast in this shot. Feels like the conference feed could have been larger that way.

I'd rather see EZA's reaction on big screen than the conference itself. I could always go back and watch those conferences later on youtube.

I can see why people would want that but I'm glad they had the crew as the larger view area. I can get the conference footage from a ton of places. I went to their streams to see them and their take on it.

From Brandon's rage during EA, to the RE7 moment

I didn't mind the format. I just thought in practice there was a bit of wasted space.

Maybe it was just the seating arrangement, but it would have been nice if the Easy Allies logo was higher as well as the cast in this shot. Feels like the conference feed could have been larger that way.
Ah I see what you mean. Maybe something to look at for future conferences.

Deimo5

What was the part in Huber Syndrome that they asked Ben to be quiet about in the day 3 impressions stream? I can't remember where it was now.

Apparently Damiani didn't get the memo that it's OK to have the stream full screen. I tried to let him know, oh well.
Majority opinion seemed to go the other way, both in this thread and in the twitch chat. The reasoning is this: we can see the full screen feed from the official sources.

I agree that there's probably a more optimal arrangement to get both full-screen reactions and a larger window of the conference feed. But, I mean, perfection is a tricky thing to chase

Since Damiani's name was invoked, I feel like he deserves at least a shoutout for navigating the treacherous waters of running the stream: figuring out when to full screen things, guessing volume levels for multi-source audio (of course, when he guessed wrong it was the end of the world for chat), and giving us great sarcastic gifs during the E3 coverage. Also, Huber Stranding was an instant classic.

Couldn't have punched in at all as that would have cut off the sides of the desk and made it feel cramped. It may have been possible to lower the camera a hair, but it's also possible that would have gotten the back of the chat monitor into the shot.

I prefer the way they set it up. Damiani is going t. be too busy watching the conference e to fairly have him constantly you switching back and forth. Plus the Tim Tam Slam debacle is proof that you never know when awesome things are going to happen off camera.

This way, those that want full screen conference still have options since the ones that want bigger EZA on screen don't have a choice in the matter. I'd keep it how it is.

Two Words

Couldn't have punched in at all as that would have cut off the sides of the desk and made it feel cramped. It may have been possible to lower the camera a hair, but it's also possible that would have gotten the back of the chat monitor into the shot.

Ahh, well that's fair. Giant Bomb has a cool set up where just their faces are caught in the bottom row. Not sure how that's all done though. I'm guessing more equipment would be needed. Either way, I enjoyed watching it afterwards. It was just a shame that I felt like I couldn't make it my live view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom