• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimo5

After the GT lay offs I thought E3 2016 just wouldn't be the same. It wasn't, it was better than ever thanks to Easy Allies. Great job, happy to be a patron.

kami_sama

To all the Allies, this has been the greatest E3 I've ever watched, and it's all thanks to you.
From Kyle to Bloodworth, especially Huber, your hype has fueled mine, making me want some games I'd never thought about.
Your commentary has been greatly insightful, and thanks to it, I know more about the games than ever before.
Cheers, love and respect!

crimilde

Banned
Great coverage and great work from everyone at EZA. Thank you guys for making this E3 a great one once again. All of you are amazing! Much love and respect.

Great ending to E3 week. They must be so tired after a hectic, late week but they fought through and closed it out in classy fashion.

Blood, instead of doing a clip of every flip out, I think it'd be a good idea to do a Best of EZA's E3 2016 video and just compile all of them into one video. It might take a while to compile them all but there's no rush to get them up. I think a gaffer even uploaded a Best of EZA video a couple of weeks ago, so he might be able to help.

Now it's time to go back and watch all the Day 3 stuff I missed while my sister and nephew were visiting today. I caught Frame Trap but missed the RE7 demo impressions (which is important to me because stupid Capcom haven't, and may never, release the demo in NZ and it's stuck behind the PS+ paywall on my other accounts) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Yeah, had a feeling Jones would do a little troll there on Bosman after praising Brad, Ben, Huber, etc.LOL :D
Great work all week Jones.
Bosman was amazing throughout too and him and Jones gushing on Batman VR was a highlight tonight as was Blood with that impressive lineup of unexpected games.

These guys deserve an award my god what amazing coverage. Great discussions the hype was unreal. I love it.

Seconded, that was amazing stuff every night.

To add on to kami_sama's post.
Also great work bringing the extra coverage of all those Japanese games too guys, especially Ben with Persona, Attack on Titan, and many, many more big and small Japanese games.
And Damiani bringing up the smaller Gravity Rush 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8's little next-gen demo several times in addition to the big Zelda and Horizon, etc.

That Sony conference stream will be legendary again.
Enjoy the well deserved rest guys, looking forward to the next stream.

KeRaSh

Just catching up with the latest VOD on Twitch. So according to Kyle Nintendo showed Zelda late game stuff at the very end of the last day? Is there a place where we can watch the footage or was that just a little bonus for the people who were there?

Won't be able to view all the content because I'm working like two double shifts back-to-back but I really appreciate all the hard work and heart of the EZA team (even Sophie!) Thanks so much guys, definitely means more to some of us than you'll ever know :)

L&R.

Auctopus

Just gonna jump on to say how great this coverage was as well.

I knew they were gonna hit it out the park anyway but considering the position they were in at the beginning of the year, watching that final GTA 3 stream, I couldn't be happier that they all got to go round E3 and spend a week talking about games again.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
That was a great adjustment to FrameTrap not doing the usual segments.
We got E3 talk packed up in that fun FrameTrap wrapping(or was it the other way around?) letting everyone get more stuff out on the games they got to experience.
Loved Ben channeling his dungeon master skills putting them into that ramen shop setting :). Also thanks for giving Trails some time to shine! Such a good series.

Sadly I fell asleep right after and am catching up right now, but I woke up right towards the end to see the send off.
So I just wanted to say thanks guys(everyone behind and in front of the curtain) for this fun E3! Lots of great moments. Looking forward to more great moments in the future. Super excited for what's next for EZA.
Rest well everyone!

crimilde

Banned
I've been re-watching their day 2 impressions and when Brandon mentions Robotech and that "my dad was a pilot, and his dad was a pilot etc", Watashi no kare wa pilot started playing in my head.

Lmao I need some rest.

EZA's passion and optimism is helping me not be a jaded asshole. It's making me a better person. Honestly. =)

My wife and I just got a PS4 and got Rachet and Clank, Bloodborne, and Uncharted 4.

Played all day and I have to say, as a PC gamer, this console and its games kick some serious ass.

Dark Souls 3 is boring compared to BB to me for some reason.

crimilde

Banned
EZA's passion and optimism is helping me not be a jaded asshole. It's making me a better person. Honestly. =)

My wife and I just got a PS4 and got Rachet and Clank, Bloodborne, and Uncharted 4.

Played all day and I have to say, as a PC gamer, this console and its games kick some serious ass.

Dark Souls 3 is boring compared to BB to me for some reason.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the games, all three that you got are great stuff.

That was a great adjustment to FrameTrap not doing the usual segments.
We got E3 talk packed up in that fun FrameTrap wrapping(or was it the other way around?) letting everyone get more stuff out on the games they got to experience.
Loved Ben channeling his dungeon master skills putting them into that ramen shop setting :). Also thanks for giving Trails some time to shine! Such a good series.

That was such a good segment

About to dive into catching up on the final E3 live stream.

The Allies' coverage of E3 has been second-to-none. Watched every second of the content they pumped out and it was just mega hype and jolly vibes all round.

Thanks guys!

EZA coverage of E3 was outstanding, seriously, you guys did amazing work. All the other outlets covered big games, but only at EZA did we get takes on so many of the smaller and less known titles that get lost in the shuffle.

There were numerous games featured in the EZA coverage I only just discovered now and likely would not have found otherwise that I am now hyped to play. Thanks so much.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man reached the end of the vod, got a little lonely over here ~_~ E3 over!
For Honor discussion did not disappoint, I could feel those battlefield vibes during it(well done Damiani/Huber), that game man looking so forward to it. Also 14.02 is officially Valhalla day now.

Just watching Day 3 recap on Twitch.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Amazing.

So many good moments, and I'm only two hours in.

- Fat Japanese Man was awesome.

- Sarah...god damn Sarah...TWICE! WHO HO! \o/

- "Thank you for saving video games".

Bwahahahahah.

Shtebenus

Neo Member
After the great E3 discussions the team have I want to contribute.

What's best, should I subscribe to their Twitch or be a Patreon? What are the benefits of each for them and for me?

A_Dang

The one major let down, and something that shook me to the core, was #CrustGate. Have we had an official response from Kyle on the issue yet?

I'd love to be able to keep promoting Kyle, his shows and the EZA, but I don't think I can in good conscience. How can I trust someone that eats pizza crust first? I mean...you think you know someone, and then the illusion gets shattered...

I've been thinking about starting a petition on change.org to get some traction...We need action, we need answers.

Anyone on the EZA team that reads this thread: Please get us answers! We will not stay silent! #CrustGate

Everything about EZA covering E3 this year was great! I love how contagious the teams genuine excitement is, and seeing people commenting about how they will follow the team since finding out about them due to their conference coverage.

Kasper

What's best, should I subscribe to their Twitch or be a Patreon? What are the benefits of each for them and for me?

With Twitch you get some emoticons and such when chatting. With Patreon you - depending on your contribution level - get the podcast early, get an extra weekly show with Cup of Jones, and other perks.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
what were the results for the bets? i think bosman conceded during one of the streams, but would still be nice to see the scores.

Tsosie

Patreon is the best place to contribute in my opinoon. At $1 a month you get access to Cup of Jones, a weekly patreon only editorial from Brandon. At $5 you get access to the EZA Podcast 2 days earlier. There are more options for higher subscriptions as well. Patreon subscriptions also move them closer to their next content goal.

Twitch subscription gives you the normal twitch sub benefits bit does not move them closer to their next content goal.

llehuty

Edit:Redundant post, nothing to see here.

Twitch, you have the icons and your name will show up on stream when you subscribe/resubscribe.

Patreon, each tier gives you different perks that basically covers different levels of interaction with the crew. Check their patreon page to have a look.

They get a bigger cut from Patreon money than twitch money.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I recommend Patreon just because Cup of Jones is great. Also the Patreon cut for them is bigger according to Kyle but I think the official stance(or at least Jones) is don't worry about that. Also in general even if people can't afford to pitch in, if you can find opportunity to get the word out there about them(while not being annoying about it :p) by sharing a video, etc that's already invaluable too.

I really, REALLY hope that the EZA E3 buzz will transfer over to Patreon, too. They deserve it.

So far only a modest bump (~$1000 increase, maybe?) :(

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I really, REALLY hope that the EZA E3 buzz will transfer over to Patreon, too. They deserve it.

Hard to say if it's really modest given that the E3 enthusiasm jump was there so it might not feel as impressive getting close to 40k again.

But if you take that out of the equation I think the take away is they're growing so far every month. So if that 40k/5k patrons(<- patron number is what I prefer to look at) stays stable and keeps on growing that's pretty awesome.

what were the results for the bets? i think bosman conceded during one of the streams, but would still be nice to see the scores.

I went through it yesterday to see how it played out and I'm pretty sure Huber wiped the floor with him.

Re-watching it did remind me that Ian's Neil Gaiman joke went right over both Kyle and Huber's heads. Someone should lock them in a room with a full Sandman collection and only let them out once they've read it all.

sora87

I wish Ben had filmed some of his discussion with Brittany from Xseed, it sounds like it was a fascinating conversation/interview.

Also I follow her on PSN and she has plat'd Tales of Zestiria which is fucking insane :eek:

dex3108

After this E3 we need new show from Huber called Huber Story Time. It is 5 minute show where he tells story from his game playthroughs. :D

TK-421

Jones actually answered this in a Cup of Jones segment. He said if you were going to spend $10 for example, it would be better to do $5 and $5 between patreon and twitch because it gets the subscriber numbers up for each to show potential partners the reach the group has.

mcw

Well, those videos now live on YouTube so that people can relive the magic forever, and whenever they do, they'll see the "Support Us" banner, so this could pay dividends in perpetuity. I wonder how many YouTube subscribers they gained?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Ben had filmed some of his discussion with Brittany from Xseed, it sounds like it was a fascinating conversation/interview.

Also I follow her on PSN and she has plat'd Tales of Zestiria which is fucking insane :eek:

Curious, what's insane about Zestiria plat? Or is it just because classic Tales(they tend to be time consuming but not hard judging by the ones I've done)?
Haven't touched a title since Graces partly because of burnout and partly because my Tales guy has been very down on the series since Graces(guy plays every title and when I ask him I just get amazing summaries of weaknesses and strengths of each title).

Hope he gives Berseria his stamp of approval cause I'm actually ready for a Tales game again.

They other thing jones has said they look at is just getting their name out so people know they exist. They say many don't know that the Gt crew has a new venture. So in addition to being a patreon things like subscibing to their Twitter, YouTube channels, facebook, etc are also metrics that can be used. They can all be found at their website.

http://easyallies.com

https://graphtreon.com/creator/EasyAllies

Gained over 300 patrons this month, so growing.
Yea I think their growth has been really good. Hey had a big surge to get to $40k last month but keep in mind that was a bit inflated. Thanks to one generous donor doing a one month surge to $900 it made it. So when you look at the patreon numbers being the highest ever and having a more substainable longer term balance at $40k this month things are going up. And like Brandon has said they're looking not just the balance but the cumulative amount of patreons, subscribers, etc. if it was just $ it seems like opening up that $500 tier for businesses would help speed that up.

sora87

Curious, what's insane about Zestiria plat? Or is it just because classic Tales(they tend to be time consuming but not hard judging by the ones I've done)?
Haven't touched a title since Graces partly because of burnout and partly because my Tales guy has been very down on the series since Graces(guy plays every title and when I ask him I just get amazing summaries of weaknesses and strengths of each title).

Hope he gives Berseria his stamp of approval cause I'm actually ready for a Tales game again.

It's just an almighty grind, lots and lots of grinding and lots of playthroughs to get everything. I'm about to finish it (finally) and I only have like 18% of the trophies.

I'm definitely done with Tales for the foreseeable future after this, I've enjoyed Zestiria but it has huge problems, the world is empty and meaningless, plot is padded out with silly fetch quests, the skills/upgrading system is needlessly convoluted. Plus it looks like a PS2 game still (possible hyperbole but you know what I mean), really need to get a new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom