• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTSC

I'm glad all of the EZA crew got to experience E3 in a different way this year thanks to being independent, I bet it's a wonderful experience. It's cool that after experiencing the Zelda demo Kyle changed his thoughts on Nintendo as well, which says a lot considering his press conference experience.

Speaking of E3, I believe the EZA experience is the best way to experience the experience of E3 experiences, EZA strives to put you in an experience that you will never forget, because the experience is what experiences are all about. Also EZA content is the best content that you can content.

lA8E2DU.gif

Speaking of E3, I believe the EZA experience is the best way to experience the experience of E3 experiences, EZA strives to put you in an experience that you will never forget, because the experience is what experiences are all about. Also EZA content is the best content that you can content.

UrbanRats

What's so bad about the word "experience"?

Also, I have to give props to Nintendo, since their Zelda thing worked, but personally i hated the approach.
Having to watch a 5 hours stream to get all the info was boring and impractical as fuck.

Maybe if you got to play it yourself at E3, it feels different though.

Visceir

Microsoft's Xbox Play Anywhere program was the biggest moth though.

Game Sleuth is up! Quick someone make thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAQv-H-lqEg&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=EasyAllies

And tough choice for trailer score vs game of show. I went for trailer score for the same reason as somecrazymember, can see a lot of zeldas coming

Never watched Pop Fiction and this doesn't really appeal to me much. Seems like a show that belongs in the "pre internet" days where you wouldn't be able to just easily google the answer.

I'd be much more likely to watch this if it was in a talk-show/disucssion format, which would probably also cut down the production costs and time significantly.

I'm sure this show will have its audience though.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Never watched Pop Fiction and this doesn't really appeal to me much. Seems like a show that belongs in the "pre internet" days where you wouldn't be able to just easily google the answer.

I'd be much more likely to watch this if it was in a talk-show/disucssion format, which would probably also cut down the production costs and time significantly.

I never regularly watched Pop Fiction either but I could always appreciate that they were reporting on first-hand experience (dangit there's that word again)

But yeah, you're sitting there watching them research and attempt the specific things that you'd find on a Google search. I think it's interesting, but I am curious to know what some of their upcoming subjects will be, since Pop Fiction already seemed to cover all of the really big stuff

If you've never seen Pop Fiction, then I'd consider this a warm up. A lot of the stuff Damiani digs into is far beyond anything you could just google. He'll spend a lot of time testing out theories on different versions of cartridges, getting in contact with hard to reach sources, and at times he documents things that have never been proven before or with far greater detail. There's good reason the previous show was so popular. (And that we never attempted to keep it going after he was laid off from GT.)

Two Words

One thing I like that EZA does, and they did at GT, on their live stuff and podcasts is emphasis on corrections. I get that people are going to make mistakes, but it is always irritating to listen to a conversation that is entirely rooted in false data. Maybe I'm a minority in feeling this way, but it's something that really bugs me. A lot of podcasts just roll with the false data even when they aren't sure. It's so weird most won't bother to just take a little time to double check something if there is apparent uncertainty.

SeanTSC

One thing I like that EZA does, and they did at GT, on their live stuff and podcasts is emphasis on corrections. I get that people are going to make mistakes, but it is always irritating to listen to a conversation that is entirely rooted in false data. Maybe I'm a minority in feeling this way, but it's something that really bugs me. A lot of podcasts just roll with the false data even when they aren't sure. It's so weird most won't bother to just take a little time to double check something if there is apparent uncertainty.

I definitely feel like corrections are important too. I'm glad they do them and hope they never stop. I'm also glad that other people send in corrections, because I am far too lazy for that and also I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I'd have never known was incorrect.

Rongolian

Banned
If you've never seen Pop Fiction, then I'd consider this a warm up. A lot of the stuff Damiani digs into is far beyond anything you could just google. He'll spend a lot of time testing out theories on different versions of cartridges, getting in contact with hard to reach sources, and at times he documents things that have never been proven before or with far greater detail. There's good reason the previous show was so popular. (And that we never attempted to keep it going after he was laid off from GT.)

I'm so glad Damiani is continuing the spirit of Pop Fiction with Game Sleuth. I think the additional production value put in to the show will really pay off for viewers outside of the EZA patron/GAF network and give them an impression of how much work goes into these episodes.

Bravo, allies. Your content continues to be some of the brightest parts of my week.

I definitely feel like corrections are important too. I'm glad they do them and hope they never stop. I'm also glad that other people send in corrections, because I am far too lazy for that and also I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I'd have never known was incorrect.

Agreed. It's really cool they do it.

I usually point people to this episode when they ask what's the most "research intensive" one of the bunch. Also, sometimes the video is just as much about the history of the subject as it is about the discoveries/findings. But it's not for everyone.

Was one of my favorite things on GT. Love shows and pieces like this. G4's Icons was another type of show I enjoyed that was similar. But Pop Fiction was even better since it really dug into things you always wondered or heard of but never bothered to actually research.

Visceir

I usually point people to this episode when they ask what's the most "research intensive" one of the bunch. Also, sometimes the video is just as much about the history of the subject as it is about the discoveries/findings. But it's not for everyone.

Yeah, it shows a lot of work was put into it, but I just don't really care about the content matter. Having a discussion on it with actual people would easily make it more enjoyable for me. Might be worth stating that I jumped on the GT train when the personality based content became more prominent.

I understand not all content has to speak for everyone, as I said I'm sure there's an audience there for it. It just seems like A LOT of work for little payoff.

An episode on something more recent like this: Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Possible Timeline Convergence? would be cool though.

luchadork

I disagree. Why would I watch a video with people discussing things? I've got my own opinions. Sure it might interesting to someone else or whatever. But not for me. So why even bother? Seems like a waste of resources tbh.

Hasney

I disagree. Why would I watch a video with people discussing things? I've got my own opinions. Sure it might interesting to someone else or whatever. But not for me. So why even bother? Seems like a waste of resources tbh.

Totally agree. Pop Fiction was the best thing going and it's about getting the cold hard facts, not having a chat about myths. There's so much on the internet that is just wrong that having a well researched piece debunking them that is written in a fun and informative tone is a good thing.

By all means have discussions about playing games and opinions on them, I think we all love the Allies interacting, but Game Sleuth is exactly what we were hungry for when we saw there was going to be a Michael Damiani show on the stretch goals. This is about getting to the bottom of rumours and myths and getting the truth, or at least as close as possible.

The linked thread is all speculation. That's not what the show is about.

Visceir

Same reason we all watched them discussing and reacting to E3 *shrugs*

I'd also much rather watch them "review" games by just sitting down and having a talk about it.

Totally agree. Pop Fiction was the best thing going and it's about getting the cold hard facts, not having a chat about myths. There's so much on the internet that is just wrong that having a well researched piece debunking them that is written in a fun and informative tone is a good thing.

Obviously the research would still need to be done. You can always have a chat about the cold hard facts after the research is done.

As I stated already though -- I realize it's probably just not something for me as the content matter can be very hit or miss and the presentation alone isn't enough to keep me interested.

Hasney

Same reason we all watched them discussing and reacting to E3 *shrugs*

I'd also much rather watch them "review" games by just sitting down and having a talk about it.

I'd agree with that about reviews, but it might take longer as multiple people would need to finish the game and talk with only one review copy. So it's probably best to have the review then a spoilercast if enough people played the game.

Does anyone know what kind of mics they use?

Jones said at some point they'd list all the gear they use. Not sure when it's coming.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I just wanted to say that I understood your joke

Auctopus

Nothing, unless you use it 50x emotionlessly during a press conference.

Not to mention it's a nothing word being used to try and market something to you.

"Expansive" is a word, "Spooky" is a word, "Action-packed" is a hyponated word. All words that can be used to describe video games that give you an idea about what that game is, but a lot of press conferences rely on just saying that they are "experiences" or "amazing experiences".

Par Score

Yeah, this is also what made the Beastcast better than the Bombcast for me.

The willingness to accept and acknowledge your mistakes goes a long way to me not minding if you make some mistakes here and there.

Yeah, this is also what made the Beastcast better than the Bombcast for me.

The willingness to accept and acknowledge your mistakes goes a long way to me not minding if you make some mistakes here and there.

I always wondered if Beastcast took inspiration from GT Time with their corrections segment. They even have corrections music.

Game Sleuth was awesome, loved it. Great work, Damiani! I do wonder how many fresh mysteries there are out there though - Pop Fiction covered a hell of a lot of the major ones in their heyday. I guess he must have several in mind, or he wouldn't have brought it back.

demu

Yep, an Uncharted 4 spoilercast would be fantastic. The last time the topic came up, there weren't enough Allies who completed it. Maybe that has changed.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the delay because Jones didn't have the chance to complete Uncharted 4 yet? Poor guy was so swamped pre E3 and well E3 week was crazy for everyone.
I think chances are good it might still happen, but it might be after Brandon plays Pokemon concludes? Who knows.

PepperedHam

Getting caught up on the rest of the E3 stuff I missed while away and man I loved that Huber Syndrome E3 episode. I love videos like that and Huber does em the best.

Finally finished all the E3 stream content. Great stuff, some of the feedback from games was amazing. People playing the same demos and getting something different from them, especially REHeaven and Zelda. Not gonna lie, I miss GTs just played's a lot and always thought there'd be more of those with EZA than actual reviews...but they kinda just got kicked to bit segments in the podcasts.

Huber Syndrome was epic too, the guy is just fantastic.

Future looks bright for EZA.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished all the E3 stream content. Great stuff, some of the feedback from games was amazing. People playing the same demos and getting something different from them, especially REHeaven and Zelda. Not gonna lie, I miss GTs just played's a lot and always thought there'd be more of those with EZA than actual reviews...but they kinda just got kicked to bit segments in the podcasts.

Huber Syndrome was epic too, the guy is just fantastic.

Future looks bright for EZA.

Me too, let's hope we get to the studio at some point(I personally believe we will still 10k seems far away at least a year). Just played seems like the kind of content that would be much easier to do if everyone frequented the same place every day to do work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom