• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

I miss the Just Played's, too but realistically they probably can't do much more content. It isn't just two guys from neighboring offices meeting in front of a camera quickly anymore. There's travel involved now and you want to maximize the time of the Allies involved and minimize the downtime of the others that might be present. Basically live streams are the replacement but it's hard to extract info from them and pinpoint the few minutes that are relevant to your interests. The only way to do it conveniently and quickly would probably be via something like Google Hangouts. I wouldn't mind, the format works very well even with a full crew for the Patreon Q&A, but it isn't the production quality they usually achieve.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Seriously what is this Bosman pizza thing?
On one of the streams, they ordered pizza. Bosman ate some on-camera, which was fine. He ate it crust-first, which is not fine

That's some "90s ad executive says this is cool" business right there

AC Slater backwards chair sitting but applied to pizza

crimilde

Banned
Seriously what is this Bosman pizza thing?

I know right? He's shattering my trust in him!

Tsosie

One thing I will say about tonight's stream being focused on the e3 awards is that the old GT community has been asking for this for years. They are essentially live streaming their best of discussion.

One thing I will say about tonight's stream being focused on the e3 awards is that the old GT community has been asking for this for years. They are essentially live streaming their best of discussion.

Well, we're livestreaming whatever Kyle comes up with. We didn't have plans to do awards, so this may blindside a couple people.

It won't be just best of show either, do things like least hyped for, best genre awards, best stage moment, worst stage moment, best reveal, worst reveal, etc. Also Bosman and Ian are involved so there will be some wacky categories as well.

taco543

Do you know what time it starts PST? I'm currently at work sorry.

sora87

Those discussions apparently went on for 6-7 hours sometimes, we'll be getting a shortened version :p

Somnia

I just want to say I loved all of the coverage from EA during E3. So much so I'm going to go ahead and become a Pateron for them, don't know how much yet, but will look tonight. I never watched much Game Trailers back in the day so I don't have the connection like a lot of people, but they got a new fan because of E3!

kennyamr

You can find your local time on easyallies.com
EDIT: which is currently down for some reason. Just sent an e-mail to figure out what's up

IT's would be nice to specify the time zone, (unless it already changes according to everyone's IP addresses)

I know (think) it's Pacific time so that means midnight here in NYC (right?) but some people may not realize that until it's too late.

Edit: it will be midnight but I'm def watching it tonight ^^ Great job with E3, guys. I loved everything.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Overall very entertaining E3 coverage from the Easy A crew, thanks for the content.
That Huber Syndrome E3 episode was hype as hell too ahahaha. Huber, you are the best kind of "crazy!"

IT's would be nice to specify the time zone.

I know it's Pacific time so that means midnight here in NYC but some people may not realize that until it's too late.

Edit: it will be midnight but I'm def watching it tonight ^^ Great job with E3, guys. I loved everything.

I thought all the times on the website account for your timezone already? Like the time you see on the site is the time it would be in your timezone.

Tsosie

IT's would be nice to specify the time zone.

I know it's Pacific time so that means midnight here in NYC but some people may not realize that until it's too late.

The website automatically updates to your time zone.

I just want to say I loved all of the coverage from EA during E3. So much so I'm going to go ahead and become a Pateron for them, don't know how much yet, but will look tonight. I never watched much Game Trailers back in the day so I don't have the connection like a lot of people, but they got a new fan because of E3!

Thanks, we appreciate anything you can give.

An episode on something more recent like this: Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Possible Timeline Convergence? would be cool though.

There's nothing in the new show's rules that says an episode on Breath of the Wild's Timeline placement/convergence theory is off limits. In fact, stuff like this is totally fair game. I'm even considering reaching out to the people in the RE7 thread about maybe putting something together for the dummy finger.

And love and respect to the current crew but some of us, along with some amazingly talented people that have since moved on or were forced out , were around for a great many years before the personality driven content became the prominent video type on GameTrailers. I personally gravitate towards making the type of content that you saw during the Viacom years, but there has always been a need for personality driven content as well which was sorely lacking back in the day.

And love and respect to the current crew but some of us, along with some amazingly talented people that have since moved on or were forced out , were around for a great many years before the personality driven content became the prominent video type on GameTrailers. I personally gravitate towards making the type of content that you saw during the Viacom years, but there has always been a need for personality driven content as well which was sorely lacking back in the day.

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. Love doing the on-camera and I think having open conversations with each other about games is crucial, but there's something entirely different about hand-crafting a piece. Digging into a script, taking an interview apart, getting all the right shots to illustrate it perfectly, and making a video that tells a tightly-knit story. It's one reason I'm aggressively against changing our reviews format, because it gives us the opportunity to practice that on a regular basis. Ok, I'm getting excited for the Retro now. :)

Axass

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. Love doing the on-camera and I think having open conversations with each other about games is crucial, but there's something entirely different about hand-crafting a piece. Digging into a script, taking an interview apart, getting all the right shots to illustrate it perfectly, and making a video that tells a tightly-knit story. It's one reason I'm aggressively against changing our reviews format, because it gives us the opportunity to practice that on a regular basis. Ok, I'm getting excited for the Retro now. :)

Wait, what? Did I miss something? Did people complain or something?

wiibomb

Not at large, but sometimes there will be people who suggest doing reviews as conversation videos or having the writer do the VO, etc.

ohhh no no no no... I love how you are doing the reviews right now.

I totally get you 2 in this, these 2 formats are like the 2 sides of a coin, and while one is good, there is always that other side that shouldn't be forgotten. I completely love the personality driven content you are making, but if you can do a more scripted, professional and orchestrated piece, I would totally love it.

Because of how games media had been in the past decade, I feel this professional side has become kind of irking to some because of some backdoor shady deals and some corporation takes, that is why I had been having this thirst of more content being what a person wants it to be, exposing more of him/her self (personality driven content), but by no means that should mean that all professional, "organized" content should go away.

Reviews, Game Sleuth, Retrospectives are that kind of fix to this for EZA and I'm personally fine with that

Chuck

Still without luck
Honest question, does Brandon really think people like seeing this layout for his toy box videos?

Follow up, do they?

Axass

Not at large, but sometimes there will be people who suggest doing reviews as conversation videos or having the writer do the VO, etc.

I'm with you on this then. The personality driven stuff is already a lot, while this more professional and impersonal approach is only represented by reviews, retros and Game Sleuth, which are also all sporadic, unlike the weekly streams and shows.

El-Suave

The review format is fine and it's important that people might make the connection to GT from the voiceover and video style. Simpler formats might be the solution if they decide to make additional content if people ask for it, especially if there's a bottleneck in production capabilities.

Karu

I'm with you on this then. The personality driven stuff is already a lot, while this more professional and impersonal approach is only represented by reviews, retros and Game Sleuth, which are also all sporadic, unlike the weekly streams and shows.
Yeah... one reason why I always prefered the Review-like Previews opposed to Just Played.

wiibomb

"Have you seen Vikings???"

"yes yes oh no no.. yes yes OH MY GOD YES, best B roll"

I've been laughing so hard at these... I just missed the bosman show at the showfloor

Yeah, Huber Syndrome and Easy Update were blinding this week, laughed so hard. Great content all around. I'm all for a format of Huber just going around, getting in people's faces and generally spreading the hype contagion.

Visceir

Really liking the schedule on the easyallies site, it's nice to see when stuff will be released.

TTE return hype!

There's nothing in the new show's rules that says an episode on Breath of the Wild's Timeline placement/convergence theory is off limits. In fact, stuff like this is totally fair game. I'm even considering reaching out to the people in the RE7 thread about maybe putting something together for the dummy finger.

I occasionally peek into that thread to see the progress they've made. An episode on that would be cool.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Huber Syndrome and Easy Update were blinding this week, laughed so hard. Great content all around. I'm all for a format of Huber just going around, getting in people's faces and generally spreading the hype contagion.

I don't know man, I feel like Huber really lost his passion. His lack of enthusiasm made this one of the worst Huber Hype episodes. I think he should go to the mountains to train before the next episode.

randomkid

I don't know man, I feel like Huber really lost his passion. His lack of enthusiasm made this one of the worst Huber Hype episodes. I think he should go to the mountains to train before the next episode.

this reminds me. forgot i made this bad quality gif last week when fiddling around with gifcam for the first time, if it's too big i'll delete it, not really sure how to make it smaller and nicer like it looks in imgur right now or when you open it in a new tab.

FnCv1Nh.gif

The production quality is absolutely something you guys should keep up -- time and desire willing, of course. The reviews are great.

Looking forward to the first Retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom