• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper

Whoever makes the thread for Game Sleuth, make sure to remember to mention in the thread title that it's the spiritual successor to Pop Fiction, that name carried a lot of weight (for a good reason, best video game show around), so it should help bring attention to the new show.

Gurrry

I rewatched the E3 bet video and came up with a good(or horrible) idea for someone who got their bet wrong.

Make them play Tony Hawk Ride to completion on stream.

SeanTSC

Phew, done setting up all the clip-outs. They'll go up over the rest of the evening, then tomorrow will be wide open for Game Sleuth.

Super thankful that I am Setsuna got its own segment. That game needs as much exposure as possible.

Ben - please don't let the extremely rabid FFXV defense force get to you. I think I'm going to enjoy FFXV immensely, but your impressions were all completely valid and you didn't say or do anything wrong.

E3 was really successful for eza. I think they really got their name out there.

They got a bunch of new patrons, bunch of new youtube subs, and their reaction vids are some of the highest viewed on their channel. This was a really great boost for them, and gave them a ton of extra exposure.

Plus their live streams were hitting 7k+. I don't think I have ever seen that on gt.

Also, for game sleuth, I think we should have a separate thread. That video is worth it. Really well done.

"Banned"

D:

A_Dang

Bloodworth should do a show periodically that just focuses on racing games, and call it "Blood on the Track" (as Huber mentioned during the Forza coverage). Or something, anything, as long as Blood gets to fill his niche on camera.

Bloodworth should do a show periodically that just focuses on racing games, and call it "Blood on the Track" (as Huber mentioned during the Forza coverage). Or something, anything, as long as Blood gets to fill his niche on camera.
He needs to do a show where he puts on a highlighter yellow headband and plays various motion control games until he reaches exhaustion while Kyle chops onions beside him.

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

VanWinkle

Man I loved E3 from Easy Allies this year. These guys are just my favorites in the video game realm. The ONLY qualm is the mediocre camera quality. Hopefully they'll get there soon but the video quality was SO much better with Gametrailers, clarity-wise and 60fps vs the 30 they have now. I was hoping they'd get a better camera in time for E3. Oh well.

I agree with y'all. Top notch E3 content from the boys all week. The week of hype brought to you by the hype kings.

I've been following E3 for years now and this year was probably my most enjoyable thanks to these dudes.

Inspired by the Tim Tam Slam during the E3 streams, I went out looking for Tim Tams today. I found them surprisingly quickly. Just completed a Tim Tam Slam using the caramel-filled Tim Tams with hot chocolate.

It was fantastic. Why has Australia been hiding this from the rest of the world?

Mokubba

Man I loved E3 from Easy Allies this year. These guys are just my favorites in the video game realm. The ONLY qualm is the mediocre camera quality. Hopefully they'll get there soon but the video quality was SO much better with Gametrailers, clarity-wise and 60fps vs the 30 they have now. I was hoping they'd get a better camera in time for E3. Oh well.

This exactly.

From the reaction videos to the gameplay impressions after each day.
No one else comes close

Is there a good video or something to learn who everyone is and a bit about them? It seems they have a similar taste in games to me (I've noticed they have some DQ8 streams) but I think I would get into their videos better if I wasn't just 'dumped into the middle of something' (if that makes sense).

I'm curious, did anyone else think the conference video was way too small? Surely, right? I know it's their first one under EZA but I think something akin to Giantbomb would be much better.
Absolutely. Maybe it was a GT stream last year where I enjoyed the irony of one of the GT presenters being agitated during a conference showing a trailer off-screen, for making the image too small. :)

Inspired by the Tim Tam Slam during the E3 streams, I went out looking for Tim Tams today. I found them surprisingly quickly. Just completed a Tim Tam Slam using the caramel-filled Tim Tams with hot chocolate.

It was fantastic. Why has Australia been hiding this from the rest of the world?
We keep meaning to share them with you but we always eat them all first. :(

Visceir

Is there a good video or something to learn who everyone is and a bit about them? It seems they have a similar taste in games to me (I've noticed they have some DQ8 streams) but I think I would get into their videos better if I wasn't just 'dumped into the middle of something' (if that makes sense)

Most of them are rather open minded and with very broad tastes in games. Kyle for example isn't really into online competitive games and shooters, but he seemed interested in Battlefield.

But since it's fun to put people into boxes!

Kyle: Pokemon, Tetris and mostly everything Nintendo. Went hardcore with avoiding spoilers for Metal Gear and The Last Guardian.
Brandon: Everything Disney and anything open-world. Designated person for toys-to-life games.
Ben: Persona, Final Fantasy, JRPGs, strategy games and anything Hideki Kamiya
Bradley: Persona, Final Fantasy, JRPGs, Soulsborne, Overwatch and Kingdom Hearts
Ian: Soulsborne and puzzle games, strategy games
Damiani: Zelda and Final Fantasy XIV
Bloodworth: is forced to play driving games
Don: Just creates levels and gambles
Huber: likes everything except Final Fantasy VII

Auctopus

ezanoodlesg5zyt.png

Most of them are rather open minded and with very broad tastes in games. Kyle for example isn't really into online competitive games and shooters, but he seemed interested in Battlefield.

Kyle: Pokemon, Tetris and mostly everything Nintendo. Went hardcore with avoiding spoilers for Metal Gear and The Last Guardian.
Brandon: Everything Disney and anything open-world. Designated person for toys-to-life games.
Bradley: Persona, Final Fantasy, JRPGs, Soulsborne, Overwatch and Kingdom Hearts
Thanks heaps. They do have a lot of the same interests as me. I'm checking out more of their videos.

DKHF

Besides Kingdom Hearts. He loathes it lol.

Amazing, i finally finished Frame Trap yesterday and it was so good. I could easily have noodles and broth every week but i suppose it would lose its specialness if we did.

Also finally got round to watching the latest Huber Hype, tonnes of fun. Huber never fails to bring the hype and jolly times. Him meeting up with Vandenberg (sp?) was amazing, glad he got to meet him on the floor after his long search :)

Just wanted to put a little thanks to the Easy Allies in here. My E3 ritual has always been watch the conferences as it happens then spend the next week or so watching GT react to it. Been that way for a while now.

Anyway thanks to you guys coming back as EZA E3 still goes on for weeks for me. It takes me a bit of time to catch all your coverage of it but it's so worth it. The hype you guys bring helps keep me excited. Some of the stuff you guys loved was stuff I didn't care for but the hype is infectious.

Thanks for bringing the hype as always guys. The enthusiasm you guys bring to the table never ceases to amaze.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Mighty Number 9 is the Dumb Game Monday game so Kyle can teach me to love my mistake ~_~.
Too early? Too late? #backersalt :p
In all seriousness will we get a continuation of Pokepark? Been enjoying that one a lot.

Edit: Yey congratulations on 40k!!!

Toli08

Can we get a show of Ben and Huber just hyping each other up. That was the best part of their whole E3 coverage. Those two work so well together.

mr_chun

Huber Syndrome at E3 was my favorite thing that came out of last week. Guy can get me hyped about anything. I enjoyed his DQVIII stream, too.

Huber <3

Tsosie

40k, must be nice. I can already taste those delicious trailer score episodes recorded in their new studio. To 50k and beyond!

Ruruja

Definitely.

As someone who is into racing games it's nice to have at least one person play them and talk about them (it seems like nobody else there plays them much - Riptide GP2 aside). Let it be known your racing game impressions are appreciated Blood.

Tankard

So people here were interested on Brandon's backdoor shady dealings on other sites for E3, a guy in the EZA forum posted a few.

Brandon and Danny Dwyer with ScrewAttack talking about Sony's conference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWKgIWWlYfs

Brandon Shady Deal Reporter for IGN about We Happy Few:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVM6YaThK8o

Brandon Shady Deal Reporter for IGN about Recore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnE2UOdZjbw

I'm pretty sure there is more, as i've watched him doing stuff for Gamespot.

shield

Huber Syndrome at E3 was my favorite thing that came out of last week. Guy can get me hyped about anything. I enjoyed his DQVIII stream, too.

Huber <3

Looooved that episode! Huber's reaction to the guy who brought up the idea of Ninjas in For Honor was hilarious, you could just see his mind being blown in real time

i6DcAuP.png

"Ninja DLC!!"

Hasney

The Screwattack thing is the Gamespot thing. Their parent company got 2 stages and since Giant Bomb didn't want the other one, they made it the Gamespot co-op stage with Rooster Teeth brands.

J-Skee

So people here were interested on Brandon's backdoor shady dealings on other sites for E3, a guy in the EZA forum posted a few.

Brandon and Danny Dwyer with ScrewAttack talking about Sony's conference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWKgIWWlYfs

Brandon Shady Deal Reporter for IGN about We Happy Few:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVM6YaThK8o

Brandon Shady Deal Reporter for IGN about Recore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnE2UOdZjbw

Kyle & Brandon were also with Keighley during the Microsoft & Ubisoft conferences, respectively.

Tankard

The Screwattack thing is the Gamespot thing. Their parent company got 2 stages and since Giant Bomb didn't want the other one, they made it the Gamespot co-op stage with Rooster Teeth brands.

I was talking about him as a reporter for Gamespot, but now it makes me think if i have mistaken it for one of these from IGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom