• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It was sooooo close :D.
Hope Kyle doesn't give up on the puppet show in fear of it being repetitive as stakes.
The world needs it!

AAK

that seemed more like a chunk of the game put into a trailer. I'm not comfortable saying it is even a trailer. For me it needs to be even a good arranged set of pieces of different parts of the game where they somehow represent what the game is.

the scene was excellent, but that's a single part of the game, not much effort there

That was the Microsoft E3 Press Conference. There's an extended trailer with actual trailer cuts and unique music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKLCwDg2JLA

wiibomb

It was sooooo close :D.
Hope Kyle doesn't give up on the puppet show in fear of it being repetitive as stakes.
The world needs it!
if anything it needs to up that stake to half an hour, we deserve that show.

Kyle!

Feed us

That was the Microsoft E3 Press Conference. There's an extended trailer with actual trailer cuts and unique music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKLCwDg2JLA

oh wow, that was actually a very good trailer, yeah I saw only the segment at the MS press conference

wiibomb

I didn't know Damiani was on a conference..

and hilarious to see him play one game he hated, did he hated the game back in that moment?

Chuck

Still without luck
Has Kyle played through LttP? I did recently and found a lot of it very obtuse and complicated. I guess he'll have stream chat help to get through the tricky parts.

wiibomb

Has Kyle played through LttP? I did recently and found a lot of it very obtuse and complicated. I guess he'll have stream chat help to get through the tricky parts.

there are indeed.. I remember being stuck forever as a bunny form when I entered the mountain

chat helps a lot though

I just started recently and I couldn't stand it for more than a little while. Maybe I'll play along around when Kyle starts his streaming.

Chuck

Still without luck
there are indeed.. I remember being stuck forever as a bunny form when I entered the mountain

chat helps a lot though

Just some stuff I can't imagine having figured out without any info back in the day. I guess that's why nintendo power existed? How the hell would I know to play the flute there...

J-Skee

(Betting results spoilers)
Everybody, set Twitter notifications for Kyle. He won't announce when the streams start, so we have to be on top of it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I love how Don was so articulate/gushing about Trials of the Blood Dragon during the E3 awards, truly a shame that he wasn't there for one of the E3 days but I understand guy had stuff to edit! When Media Molecule's Dreams hits though EZA definitely should try to get his impressions on that game.
if anything it needs to up that stake to half an hour, we deserve that show.
Loving it

Tankard

I thought the Awards things was a little more sloppy than i would have liked, but still had fun. The bets showdown results and the gifts were definitely the best parts.
Also good to finally see some donations kicking in for them. What a month for these guys.

Super hate to be a debbie downer because I loved their content in the past and still enjoy it but...

a) I hope they can think of a better name. Easy Allies will never be natural to me
b) They need to look at what others are doing (Giant Bomb, Kinda Funny) and up the quality of their live streams. It just isn't up to par with what the others are doing

And I know they want to just stick to youtube, but having a proper website with a landing page which highlights featured content and upcoming content is super useful.

I do hope they bring back a show like lets all go to the trailers... that was one of my faves in the late GT era.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Super hate to be a debbie downer because I loved their content in the past and still enjoy it but...

a) I hope they can think of a better name. Easy Allies will never be natural to me
b) They need to look at what others are doing (Giant Bomb, Kinda Funny) and up the quality of their live streams. It just isn't up to par with what the others are doing

And I know they want to just stick to youtube, but having a proper website with a landing page which highlights featured content and upcoming content is super useful.

I do hope they bring back a show like lets all go to the trailers... that was one of my faves in the late GT era.

http://easyallies.com/
A let's go to the trailers like show will happen at 45k.
Dunno what to say about A, I think you're going to be disappointed. To me it's pretty natural now, I just don't see a likely scenario where changing the name would make sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
For B, not sure what you mean with quality, stuff that's related to equipment they'll improve as budgets will allow it. But yeah if you're more concrete about they can at least consider, but if you go into things related to atmosphere like the background opinions might differ here.

Tankard

I hope they change their name months after launching just for you, Infinity, sounds like a super important thing, mainly when you seem to follow groups with names of Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb,

They do have a website like the one you are asking for.

Maiar_m

That trailer was awesome. Running through the coffee shop was sick.

I did watch it again when Bosman said "not a good trailer" because I needed to check how drunk he was, but I'd have to say, past the initial hype it put in me, the trailer in and of itself isn't that great. "Gameplay" seems too good to be true, the costume is a dividing choice at best, and pacing could have been better. It's not a bad trailer but it wouldn't have made the cut for me either.

sora87

I kinda wish Ben just picked PSO2 or Tokyo Mirage Sessions to stream tonight, giving 1 hour to each won't really be long enough to get going in either I think.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda wish Ben just picked PSO2 or Tokyo Mirage Sessions to stream tonight, giving 1 hour to each won't really be long enough to get going in either I think.

He wanted to stream TMS for good chunk of time but I think he said they're only allowed to show off 1 hour(https://youtu.be/VgAbTT08kVM?t=32m36s). Maybe he considers a longer PSO2 stream but he might have already allocated that time for something else. EZA in general doesn't seem to run out of stuff to work on.

I think it's time to do your research lol

They have a website that you want. easyallies.com

They even have a patreon goal for the show you want.

The name though? LOL have fun thinking they're gonna change that

The Dink

Somebody actually hates LttP? This...this is surprising to me. Now I'm curious, does anyone know Bosman's thoughts on A Link Between Worlds?

LttP is my favorite Zelda. I just can't understand why someone would HATE it. Dislike, sure, as it's more linear than Zelda 1 and 2 were, but hate? I don't get it.

ClhmunNWQAAYMuW.jpg:small

Kneefoil

Don had too much power. You gotta double down on Don, not triple down on him. Should've just settled it with Bowser's Big Blast due to the controversial scoring this time.

ArjanN

I did watch it again when Bosman said "not a good trailer" because I needed to check how drunk he was, but I'd have to say, past the initial hype it put in me, the trailer in and of itself isn't that great. "Gameplay" seems too good to be true, the costume is a dividing choice at best, and pacing could have been better. It's not a bad trailer but it wouldn't have made the cut for me either.

Same. I know it's a better developer this time, but this trailer could easily have been for any of the last 3 or 4 Spiderman games.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Super disagree about this. I didn't follow Kinda Funny (what did they do?), but I think EZA should be exceptionally proud of what they did this year. Tons and tons of games played and discussed in-depth, hitting the show floor every day and then talking about all the games until midnight, then driving home and crashing for a few hours and doing it all over again -- all while maintaining jolly. Cannot give large enough props

wiibomb

Super disagree about this. I didn't follow Kinda Funny (what did they do?), but I think EZA should be exceptionally proud of what they did this year. Tons and tons of games played and discussed in-depth, hitting the show floor every day and then talking about all the games until midnight, then driving home and crashing for a few hours and doing it all over again -- all while maintaining jolly. Cannot give large enough props

I don't agree with him/her on the contents of the streams because I'm in love of that in depth, non-dismissive attitude content, but I agree in the quality of them, and I mean the raw quality. They need better mics, mics for the people on the back, a better layout for the stream, and most importantly, a new camera, please
, please!
that camera is very muddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom