• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankard

Damn, really wanted my first post in GAF to be in this thread. But I buckled and just posted in CliffyB Overwatch topic.

Just wanted to thank the great Neogaf GT/EZA community for their support to the guys!
And also thanks to Easy Allies for their hard work, wishing to see them posting in their own forums too. =P

Welcome, my friend!

TTE's major problem is that it is too good. At this point Huber is a game breaking bug.
That incredibly timed 1 roll had me dying

I need to see Kyle yoyoing. Which stream is it from?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
TTE's major problem is that it is too good. At this point Huber is a game breaking bug.
That incredibly timed 1 roll had me dying

I need to see Kyle yoyoing. Which stream is it from?

This week's EZA podcast.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we're on TTE, Ben if you happen to read this are there any news on putting up the character sheets/any other useful supplementary material as well as archiving the Lore corners on the official site?

Just being curious about if there are any updates to be given on that front, totally understand that you've been very busy lately + doing your reviews(5 reviews was it? Ben what are you doing to yourself !?... xD) so the last thing I would want is you stressing yourself out about getting this stuff out, so take all the time you need to get to it.

Visceir

Felt like the last TTE dragged on a little while the players seemed unsure what to do next/where to go next as they didn't seem to have a goal which to work towards.

That Suda 51 interview was cool, should have included the game title in the youtube title.

Felt like the last TTE dragged on a little while the players seemed unsure what to do next/where to go next as they didn't seem to have a goal which to work towards.

That Suda 51 interview was cool, should have included the game title in the youtube title.

The title is in the tags. Unfortunately, I think at this point Suda as a person is a bigger draw than the game itself.

Toli08

TTE is the best thing going on the internet right now. I have never played D&D before in my life and honestly never knew what it was. However, this is some comic gold. All four are awesome and poor Ben having to come up with on the spot scenarios because Huber ruins his plans two minutes into the episode.

Pure Gold people. Everyone needs to watch this. Listening isn't enough.

I really think at this point TTE is much stronger than TTA. TTA had great moments and Elyse was amazing but Kyle is now in a character that fits him. They know what to do more. And also Huber is looking less to break the game like Hogger. Oh he wrecks things and goes off track but I see more method to the madness this time. Near the end it looked like Huber was pushing Hogger to extreme absurdity.

Here with Law he's got a guy that tries to do good but is so disruptive in the process. But it's more the interactions and banter of the events and less each player trying to one up the other in "wacky moments"

The RP since they hit the town is amazing. It feels like D&D Seinfeld. And it'll end with the town in flames

ito007

It took several weeks (maybe months?) for TTA to get as good as it did. It had legit characters that you cared for on interesting scenarios and high stakes. That stuff was as good as it was because of the time investment one had to put in. TTE is not quite there IMO, but the ride to that destination is freaking great so far. I'm really enjoying this campaign.

EDIT: not to say the characters and scenario aren't interesting in TTE. But there is still plenty of development to go

I've spent the last three days watching every Final Bosman episode ever. Tempted to make a "The Final Bosman: The Movie" where I put in every single bonus bit all together.

wiibomb

I've spent the last three days watching every Final Bosman episode ever. Tempted to make a "The Final Bosman: The Movie" where I put in every single bonus bit all together.

you just saw the best gaming journalism has to offer.

be the hero.

do it.

my favorite is still one of the last bonus bits where he parodies a MGSV trailer, even Kojima himself appears, BM bosman

kenta

Has no PEINS
I want to see Huber do a Man on the Streets show every week. Go to Venice Beach and find random people that play games and talk to them and get IN THEIR FACE. With HYPE.

Wiggy

I think my only complaint about Easy Allies is the quality of their merch. No offence intended at whoever designs it, but it all is very simple, text based designs. With all there shows and jokes/memes/lore there is plenty of opportunity for really cool shirts (like team red eagle/green lizard shirts!). I think they should get whoever does Kinda Funnys designs as they are usually really cool (if you're into kf) and look professional. I dont mind paying extra if thats the roadblock either.

I want to see Huber do a Man on the Streets show every week. Go to Venice Beach and find random people that play games and talk to them and get IN THEIR FACE. With HYPE.

Yeah that would be cool, he has the energy for it. Could be good on Huber Syndrone cutting between him talking about something on the couch and him asking someone from the public about the same topic. Probably drastically increase the budget of his show though :/

Ultimadrago

Kyle's old posh(?) imitation as Yogalla in TTE is hilarious. A 66 year old street wizard with gambling problems and a love for cats? The role made just for him.

Jeels

I think my only complaint about Easy Allies is the quality of their merch. No offence intended at whoever designs it, but it all is very simple, text based designs. With all there shows and jokes/memes/lore there is plenty of opportunity for really cool shirts (like team red eagle/green lizard shirts!). I think they should get whoever does Kinda Funnys designs as they are usually really cool (if you're into kf) and look professional. I dont mind paying extra if thats the roadblock either.

/

Agreed, I'm not a patron but I did want to support them through some merch purchases but the store is really lacking.

Lexad

I enjoy TTE but I do hope we actually get to the actual story and lore that Ben put so much effort in. Right now is more just week to week slapstick comedy which has its place but I do want more. TTA had that comedy but actually felt like there was a progression.

Also awesome shootout by Brian Altano on this week's ign beyond podcast and how much he enjoyed meeting and interviewing Brandon during e3. Also said people should be supporting EZA

Kasper

I enjoy TTE but I do hope we actually get to the actual story and lore that Ben put so much effort in. Right now is more just week to week slapstick comedy which has its place but I do want more. TTA had that comedy but actually felt like there was a progression.

They've been spending a lot of time in the city by now. Hopefully they move on in an episode or two.

Also awesome shootout by Brian Altano on this week's ign beyond podcast and how much he enjoyed meeting and interviewing Brandon during e3. Also said people should be supporting EZA

That was very nice of Brian. I always enjoyed him as a guest on Beyond back when Greg and Colin hosted the show.

Who

Banned
Yeah that would be cool, he has the energy for it. Could be good on Huber Syndrone cutting between him talking about something on the couch and him asking someone from the public about the same topic. Probably drastically increase the budget of his show though :/

Genuinely curious.. How?

We are atleast getting some bonds between the characters. In the beginning no one cared about anyone, now each pair has the others back. Who would have thought Necator would back up Threse. These situations they get themselves in may not be a part of the main story, but they are giving the characters plenty of opportunity to show off and grow from the [crazy] extreme experience.

Roubjon

I'm sure they would love to hire a professional graphic designer to design some shirts for them, but I think it's just not in their budget. Maybe in the future though! I'll definitely consider buying a shirt when that day comes.

Wiggy

I'm sure they would love to hire a professional graphic designer to design some shirts for them, but I think it's just not in their budget. Maybe in the future though! I'll definitely consider buying a shirt when that day comes.

Yeah maybe. But i think they'd make a lot more money from shirts with pro designs. But yeah, its still early days for the allies. My wallet is ready for when/if that day comes too :)

Visceir

I bet most of the best designs are made by talented fans who already are familiar with the inside jokes. Might be worth it for EZA to reach out to their community to see if they've got fans like that.

If it meant they sell more merchandise then they'd make the investment back eventually.

Glass

Watching the new Podcast, had no idea Brandon Jones was the review voice for GT and EA, I always wondered how that person seemingly just brought in at review time fit into the set up of each show.

Hi Blood, why did you guys decide to take down the curtains and giant easy allies logo? I think it looked way more professional personally.

That's a Brandon question, but don't forget he lives and works in that space every day. Can be a bit of a pain to walk around the curtains just to make coffee, do dishes, etc.

Lexad

We are atleast getting some bonds between the characters. In the beginning no one cared about anyone, now each pair has the others back. Who would have thought Necator would back up Threse. These situations they get themselves in may not be a part of the main story, but they are giving the characters plenty of opportunity to show off and grow from the [crazy] extreme experience.

I do agree on the character relationships, that is much better

Budi

Hi Blood, why did you guys decide to take down the curtains and giant easy allies logo? I think it looked way more professional personally.

While I didn't mind it at all during E3 since it was a special occasion, personally I like the more homely feel their podcast and group stream has. The background is much more interesting with all the posters and toys. But ofcourse it's great to get some variety.

SeanTSC

I love TTE every single week so far, but yeah, I hope all of Ben's hard work doesn't go to waste. Definitely hope they manage to get out of the city and on to SOME kind of quest soon.

sora87

I bet most of the best designs are made by talented fans who already are familiar with the inside jokes. Might be worth it for EZA to reach out to their community to see if they've got fans like that.

If it meant they sell more merchandise then they'd make the investment back eventually.

I'd totally buy that frame trap t-shirt someone made ben

Hasney

That's a Brandon question, but don't forget he lives and works in that space every day. Can be a bit of a pain to walk around the curtains just to make coffee, do dishes, etc.

Plus I think it makes more sense for the group streams. Hopefully it comes back for Gamescom/TGS/PSX though, even if its just a few of you doing the stream.

Need moar conference group streams.

Gamescom: Blood, Brandon, Huber, Ian
TGS: Ben, Bosman, Brad, Damiani
PSX: whoever isn't attendind the event (unless they all are!)

Do it!

edit: and who knows when the NX reveal is.

Man the end of month Q&A snuck up on me. Time flies. But I got my question in fast so it should be read this time. Not sure if this one will garner as good of responses as my first one. But we will see.

wiibomb

Need moar conference group streams.

Gamescom: Blood, Brandon, Huber, Ian
TGS: Ben, Bosman, Brad, Damiani
PSX: whoever isn't attendind the event (unless they all are!)

Do it!

edit: and who knows when the NX reveal is.

if there isn't a group stream for the NX announcement, I'll flip all tables in my house..

that needs to happen, I want to see their reactions
unless Nintendo does it again and never makes an event

I hope they do the curtain/logo/table for special event streams.
I like that they don't use it for their normal streams, it feels more jolly and cozy without it.

I'm also down for Brandon being a Hot Pepper Gaming guest. Brandon needs to take one for the team. lol!

wiibomb

I hope they do the curtain/logo/table for special event streams.
I like that they don't use it for their normal streams, it feels more jolly and cozy without it.

I'm also down for Brandon being a Hot Pepper Gaming guest. Brandon needs to take one for the team. lol!

it feels professional.. corporate!

to be honest, I like that they use it for special events like E3, makes the setting more serious for that matter, more dedicated to the job, which I love. Just not always, only on some special events.

PSX seems like one good event, for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom