• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanzura

Well, while I would've liked for Kyle to do a proper playthrough himself, this has been just as amusing. The salt in regards to Kyle's correct (as far as I'm concerned) interpretation of the contract is hilarious. Now, the only concern is if there's someone out there that has a little too much sodium in them decides to go to the extreme of trying to get the twitch channel shut down via DMCA or something stupid. Dunno if there's anything in the ToS like that, I haven't checked.

They should stop putting on the excitable guy. Nothing to offer as far as sense. He's everything y'all complain about with games coverage. But if it's video it's cool?
chuck-norris-super-kick.gif

His name.. is.... H U B E R ! ! ! ! ! !

KeRaSh

After all the outcries here I thought Kyle weaseled his way out of the bet again but he still has two sessions to go so it's still possible that he will actually honor it. No need to get salty, yet.

Hasney

They should stop putting on the excitable guy. Nothing to offer as far as sense. He's everything y'all complain about with games coverage. But if it's video it's cool?

xmlpLDp.gif

I don't remember a time I've ever complained about someone genuinely excited about covering games.

Xemnas89

After all the outcries here I thought Kyle weaseled his way out of the bet again but he still has two sessions to go so it's still possible that he will actually honor it. No need to get salty, yet.

Nope he cheesed his way out. He's currently live streaming skyward sword and playing a video of someone elses ALttP speedrun.

Jonnax

What's the point in doing bets if Kyle won't honour his?
He's done it twice now, it was funny the first time but Huber would do whatever Kyle asked if he lost.

No stakes for Kyle.

To be slightly fair, last time Huber sleezed his way out of his comedy special.

I think being sleezy is part of the fun.

You're thinking of Bosman.

Theres a trick to remembering clearly.

If you're gonna use the word sleaze to describe one of them, odds are you're thinking of Bosman.

Kneefoil

He's done it twice now, it was funny the first time but Huber would do whatever Kyle asked if he lost.

No stakes for Kyle.

The point is having fun. And really, Huber asks a lot more from Kyle than Kyle does from him. One hour of stand-up is pretty unreasonable anyway, and this time it's a 16-18+ hour commitment vs. a 20 minute one.

No stakes for Kyle.

The point is to have fun, which Kyle is doing. And there are definitely stakes for him, considering it's past 2am where he is right now.

KeRaSh

He actually has one more left. He did an amazing ATTP stream a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/tjwL-kJcl14

Nope he cheesed his way out. He's currently live streaming skyward sword and playing a video of someone elses ALttP speedrun.

Oh wow didn't see that. That's just sad. I was absolutely on board for his first stand up troll since there were no specific rules in the first place. This time he actually signed a contract. If he doesn't honor it then there are no stakes involved anymore. Bets stop being worth anything at that point.
Bosman definitely lost some points for that.

/edit: Hmm... I guess the wording doesn't specify that he actually has to play it himself. *golf clap*
I'm still a little bummed about this. I would have genuinely liked him to give this a shot.

Zanzura

If you guys want to review the contract, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/LnJqtFE.jpg

In my opinion he is fulfilling that contract. The video he is broadcasting is a full playthrough, from a new save file, to the credits. Some are interpreting the new save file requirement as not being fulfilled, but I don't see it that way. In the context of that sentence, he is meeting that requirement in my eyes. He is streaming "a complete full playthrough, from a new save slot until the ending credits" live. The error in the contract is that there is nothing indicating that he has to play it, nor stating a timeframe or clarifying when or what is a "new save slot."

If you guys want to review the contract, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/LnJqtFE.jpg

In my opinion he is fulfilling that contract. The video he is broadcasting is a full playthrough, from a new save file, to the credits. Some are interpreting the new save file requirement as not being fulfilled, but I don't see it that way. In the context of that sentence, he is meeting that requirement in my eyes. He is streaming "a complete full playthrough, from a new save slot until the ending credits" live. The error in the contract is that there is nothing indicating that he has to play it, nor stating a timeframe or clarifying when or what is a "new save slot."

That's a pretty big oversight lol.
Well, I guess he's "playing" the video of other people's play through.

Philippo

Kyle you are a Master of Trolling, hats off to you sir, bravo.

Everyone going mad about this and cancelling their subscriptions really have no sense of humor and don't know Kyle's schtick. You're being played into his hands.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
"upon full completion of the game" This implies that Kyle has finished actually playing the game, not streaming it. So this does not count, and he would be in breach of the contract.

Kneefoil

"upon full completion of the game" This implies that Kyle has finished actually playing the game, not streaming it. So this does not count, and he would be in breach of the contract.

If you interpret that literally, he's still abiding by the contract. He is streaming the game to a completion, even though he isn't playing it himself.

Zanzura

Well, once again, that could be read in a number of ways. Since the contract fails to establish him actually playing it, that "upon completion" portion doesn't really imply anything. The game is technically being fully completed on stream via live broadcast of a recording. Another way of interpreting it is that he could've completed it before, off-stream, and that may count as meeting that stipulation. Again, the contract is extremely poor and wide open for interpretation.

I think this is a breach of contract.

As zanzura says: not really. Surprisingly, the contract never specifies that he needs to play it.i t only implies it. Sad oversight. When it comes to bets, leave an opening and Bosman will take it. I don't mind though. Going by their original video, I think Bosman wasn't supposed to lose anyway since Huber asked to change the points for Don's segment at the last minute.(without knowing that it would make it his win, but still.)

The best part about bets now is the cycle of Huber outlining a forfeit -> Kyle finding a loophole -> Huber outlining a more specific forfeit -> Kyle finding a loophole, and so on.

The meta-game as they each try to outmaneuver the other is where the real game lies.

I was waiting to see what the loophole might be and I'm fascinated by the outcome. I would have never watched an 18 hour play session anyways - which I also don't know how many people actually would.

This type of loophole trolling has always been a part of the bets. The hour of internet jokes, the animal punchline special, and now this. Huber loved the punchline special and I'm sure he'll laugh this one off too. Part of the rivarly, don't see a reason to be salty really, can't wait to see Huber up his contract writing game next time.

llehuty

The worst thing of the Link-to-the-Past-gate, is people maybe overlooking the latest easy update episode. So jolly, chill and cute.

Zanzura

This only elevates the next Huber Syndrome and the next Betting Special folks, look forward to it. The stakes will be higher, and perhaps with the assistance of Michael Damiani, the contracts/consequences will be ironclad.

MrMette

I was waiting to see what the loophole might be and I'm fascinated by the outcome. I would have never watched an 18 hour play session anyways - which I also don't know how many people actually would.

This type of loophole trolling has always been a part of the bets. The hour of internet jokes, the animal punchline special, and now this. Huber loved the punchline special and I'm sure he'll laugh this one off too. Part of the rivarly, don't see a reason to be salty really, can't wait to see Huber up his contract writing game next time.
Well, Huber already said before in a stream he was going to keep the Slusser cup and bolt it to his wall if Kyle weaseled himself out of this one, so I'm not sure there will be a next bet session. Let's hope this is not the case because I love the bet specials.
He also said he was disgusted that people were helping him to find loopholes.

Btw I didn't miss Easy Update, it was very good once again. People can argue and still enjoy all the wonderful content EZA is creating.

As someone who has replaying through every Zelda over the past month, I was really looking forward to Kyle taking it seriously and growing to love LttP. Can't help but feel disappointed in that regard.

Oh my god, this thread is embarrassing.

What happened in Kyle's second stream?

He "streamed live a full playthrough" of a Link to the Past. It was a 2 hr youtube clip of a speedrunner. He put this in a small window in the corner and played Skyward Sword and talked through that instead.

Cday

Banned
From what I remember the startup of this game is 2 hours of nothing.

A+ contract. Some might even say "bulletproof."

Haunted

I was actually looking forward to Bosman doing a legit LttP playthrough. :lol Better get a professional to write the contract next time. >_>

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone have a link to the Skyward play through?

I'm honestly happy for that game to get more attention and interest (despite Fi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom