• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Schedule's updated on Mondays. It's not nearly complete yet.
Thanks for the info Blood. I guess I never checked the schedule on (for me) sunday evening. I guess it is normal it is half done on there because of the time difference.

Usually I check the schedule on patreon when I get messaged that it's up.

Auctopus

Kyle just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about streaming on Twitch (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Youtube where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Twitch, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Patrons, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase A Link To The Past for any system, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kyle has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kyle, publicly apologize and stream A Link To The Past three times over in one session or you can kiss your Patreon goodbye.

Kyle just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about streaming on Twitch (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Youtube where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Twitch, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Patrons, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase A Link To The Past for any system, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kyle has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kyle, publicly apologize and stream A Link To The Past three times over in one session or you can kiss your Patreon goodbye.
7/10

Chuckle induced.

I don't know, he should have followed those 5 minutes with a proper stream of a zelda game he liked, maybe singing the praise of that game just to make the point. This was supposed to be a jolly troll but it ended up looking a bit mean-spirited. I'm sure he's not happy with the outcome himself (but I'm sure he's enjoying the troll nonetheless).

MrMette

Just to clarify... does Kyle really not like LttP and actually think it's a bad game? This makes me question everything about him.

That's at least what he says (I am unsure how much he doesn't like the game).

While I never played LttP, I don't think there is anything wrong with somebody not liking a game. There are plenty of well liked games I don't really like (eg. I don't like most First Person games (especially FPS) and I didn't finish Uncharted 1 because I really didn't like it although I did buy a PS3 for that game).

Nothing wrong with that imo. Everybody is different and different people have different tastes.

Lexad

Started watching these guys two weeks ago. Not bad but I easily prefer the Kinda Funny guys more. Hate the "bets" segment/competition. Think the podcasts would be better if they become more serious, especially the Huber guy. I know that they're just joking around most of the time but if you have a good topic (like revealing the NX but can't argue anything), it should be more serious and debatable in my opinion.

The NX section was not a usual segment. In fact, the EZAP is typically entirely news oriented. Kyle mentioned on the Patreon that is wasn't something he typically allowed and wanted feedback and was pretty nervous about it

Just to clarify... does Kyle really not like LttP and actually think it's a bad game? This makes me question everything about him.
I think so. We know how much he loves context and world building and bathrooms, and ALttP doesn't have a lot of that. Like Link's house is just in the middle of nowhere but also right next to the castle with just a single bed and a treasure chest containing a lamp for some reason.

Mikey Jr.

My only worry with LttP is Bosman finding some way to squirm out of it.

He posted the tweet, then immediately deleted it. Then he started the stream, for a game where he only has THREE sessions to finish all of it, and then ends it 5 minutes in.

Ohh, and he has to finish it by this Friday.

You know what I say? Next time there is a bet, Huber should try to get out of the bet too. That way nobody has to do anything.

Awesome cup of Jones, loved the Blood and Wine ending. So interesting, I always thought he cut the narration into chunks rather than just read it straight through.

Edit: I misunderstood. He does cut and paste the best stuff, but records the whole written segment 1st.

Great show.

Visceir

At least we got some Super Mario RPG outta it

Man I miss Thursday JRPG crew streams

Yup, those always were the best.

I'm still half way through their FF7 playthrough. Would love to see them tackle another JRPG together but I can't see it happening until they've got an office.

luchadork

Damn, why does it feel like Patreon was the best and worst thing to happen to these guys? Some people really cannot take a joke. Even the ones in this thread who are trying to meta about it are just coming across as salty.

And some people cant even take the slightest criticism. Seriously. You say one thing isn't funny and out come the red, black, and white knights. Doing their passive aggressive best to valiantly protect the EZA guys. "Hey man, you just dont get it! Cancel your patreon. This isn't for you!"

And some people cant even take the slightest criticism. Seriously. You say one thing isn't funny and out come the red, black, and white knights. Doing their passive aggressive best to valiantly protect the EZA guys. "Hey man, you just dont get it! Cancel your patreon. This isn't for you!"

Aren't you the guy who "joked" about cancelling their Patreon lawl

luchadork

Aren't you the guy who "joked" about cancelling their Patreon lawl

i was showing how "hilarious" it is to say youre going to do something and then not do it. its comedy man. you dont get it obviously. either that doing shit like that just isnt that funny. ~shrugs~

as if i'd cancel my patreon over some babby argument on neogaf. cmon son.

i was showing how "hilarious" it is to say youre going to do something and then not do it. its comedy man. you dont get it obviously. either that doing shit like that just isnt that funny. ~shrugs~

as if i'd cancel my patreon over some babby argument on neogaf. cmon son.
Chill, friend. For the sake of the thread.

I sympathize with the notion of people being over defensive of their favorite online personalities...at the same time, people actually being mad over Kyle trolling the LTTP stream is a bit silly. The contract was a thing because Kyle does this, it's a challenge saying "you can't escape this one Bosman!" Kyle already said he was going to make the streams as miserable as possible for Huber, fuckery was to be expected. Huber fights for honor, Bosman has none.

If you don't think it's funny, that's perfectly fine, but this is in line with how Kyle always is (not just in bets, but in streams/podcasts/videos). I'd imagine that's where the confusion comes from.

You're in the community thread for the group saying the person most consider to be the funniest is not funny lol

luchadork

Chill, friend. For the sake of the thread.

Yep ok. This will be the last thing I write on it. Just to clarify that I do think Kyle is the funniest. And the most creative. And he has talked about having ambition to be a comedy writer in movies. Thats why I find this shit most disappointing because its so low effort. And people should be able to criticise it without everyone getting super defensive. Watching Kyle play outlast was epic.

Burt

Reading all the comments on Kyle's troll is hilarious.

*cue trailer voice*

The story of a man

Who had to live up to the most explosive pizza troll in the history of crowdfunded videogame-related content producers

He thought he had the perfect plan

But even he couldn't have seen how far things would go

smash cut to that word shout game that Ian made up but I can't remember the name of at the moment

And thank you Damiani for the SMRPG

Dmax3901

I follow Elyse on twitter which led me to a Funhaus interview she did with Reggie and some guy called Laurence. It was awful.

It was like one of those joke interviews where the 'celebrity' doesn't realise it's a joke but it wasn't funny and why would you even do that anyway it's Reggie not Justin Bieber Elyse why.

I think so. We know how much he loves context and world building and bathrooms, and ALttP doesn't have a lot of that. Like Link's house is just in the middle of nowhere but also right next to the castle with just a single bed and a treasure chest containing a lamp for some reason.
that game has way more context than most other games at the time. There's a library :p

I think people just exaggerate their opinion of a game over time. Now he's the 'I don't like LttP' guy.

sappyday

I follow Elyse on twitter which led me to a Funhaus interview she did with Reggie and some guy called Laurence. It was awful.

It was like one of those joke interviews where the 'celebrity' doesn't realise it's a joke but it wasn't funny and why would you even do that anyway it's Reggie not Justin Bieber Elyse why.

I'm pretty sure Reggie was in on the joke in that vid.

Kneefoil

b59153531f.png

A 2 hour stream this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom