• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Wasn't one of Kyle's disputes that Huber conspired with the other allies for the contract?

is that really a good point? what's the problem if he did?

we all know huber wouldn't be perfect at writing the contract (and it indeed wasn't, ha!), so what's the problem in asking others to help him write it?

So I watched the Dark Souls 3 spoiler discussion and Ben seems to express that it's his favorite "souls" title.

What do you guys think?

I'm literally minutes from finishing Bloodborne and I have to say it was FAR more enjoyable to me than Dark Souls 3 in almost every single way. I think DS 1 is still my favorite of the series, but I have a hard time agreeing with Ben on this one.

is that really a good point? what's the problem if he did?

we all know huber wouldn't be perfect at writing the contract (and it indeed wasn't, ha!), so what's the problem in asking others to help him write it?
Because prior to this, he may have skirted some bets, but that seemed to be related to the difficulty of fulfilling the bets, like with the comedy routines. Hard to make that much material in that timeframe.

But I don't think he has ever really "welched" on a bet or violated the "spirit of a bet" as much as he did here (even if I still find it riotously funny). And I think it's fair that the bets are between him and Huber. Not between him and Huber along with the rest of the allies.

If they conspire to do something to Kyle, I think it's fair for him to conspire to get out.

Burt

oh god we need a tabletop or something

this is what happens when there's nothing else to talk about for four days

So I watched the Dark Souls 3 spoiler discussion and Ben seems to express that it's his favorite "souls" title.

What do you guys think?

I'm literally minutes from finishing Bloodborne and I have to say it was FAR more enjoyable to me than Dark Souls 3 in almost every single way. I think DS 1 is still my favorite of the series, but I have a hard time agreeing with Ben on this one.
Never played Bloodborne, but I'm still with you on DS1 being the best. Part of that is nostalgia that's never going to be beat -- the first time through any Souls game when you're still learning how to play them is something completely unique -- but I think Dark Souls 3 had flaws beyond that that make it a pretty easy call. It had its fair share of amazing moments (finding the connections between places in DS3 and DS1 is almost as good as finding a mindblowing shortcut in DS1), but thinking about both of them right now, I'd definitely rather play through DS1 again over DS3.

What do you guys think?

Bloodborne is my favorite easily, but Dark Souls was a lot more addictive (brighter colors and more varied environments probably helped with that)

Honestly I'm at a point in DS3 where I have like 4 bosses left (I've reached all of them, sans the final 4th) but I haven't really felt the urge to finish it. Same shit happened in Bloodborne DLC, got up to Maria and just felt like I had enough of the game. Ludwig was the GOAT boss for me anyways lol

It also sucks when I'm not really touching either but I also don't want to delete them from my PS4 harddrive, since Bloodborne has like what....25+ gigs to download

wiibomb

What do you guys think?

Dark Souls 3 is the best Dark Souls game for me, but bloodborne is my favorite souls game out of the 4 I played. I haven't played Demon's Souls, so I can't speak for that one, but this is how I ranked them

Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls 3 is incredible, I completely love it, but bloodborne gives me a kind of magic that the others couldn't, also the OST is a 10/10 for me, I constantly hear the songs from that game and the DLC OST is always in my playlist

Because prior to this, he may have skirted the bet, but that seemed to be related to the difficulty of fulfilling the bet, like with the comedy routines. Hard to make that much material.

But I don't think he has ever really "welched" on a bet or violated the "spirit of a bet" as much as he did here (even if I still find it riotously funny). And I think it's fair that the bets are between him and Huber. Not between him and Huber along with the rest of the allies.

If they conspire to do something to Kyle, I think it's fair for him to conspire to get out.

I certainly wouldn't want another overstaked bet where kyle would really need to weasel it out because the stake is just unreal (I understand the 30 minute was kind of big), so I would rather let others help him.

I don't think the others would complot against kyle, I think they would just help huber refine his bet, at least there is no proof of bad faith when the others supposedly helped him (we don't even know in what way they helped him)

Bloodborne is my favorite easily, but Dark Souls was a lot more addictive (brighter colors and more varied environments probably helped with that)

Honestly I'm at a point in DS3 where I have like 4 bosses left (I've reached all of them, sans the final 4th) but I haven't really felt the urge to finish it. Same shit happened in Bloodborne DLC, got up to Maria and just felt like I had enough of the game. Ludwig was the GOAT boss for me anyways lol

It also sucks when I'm not really touching either but I also don't want to delete them from my PS4 harddrive, since Bloodborne has like what....25+ gigs to download

Yeah man, same here. After nearly finishing Bloodborne I'm really wanting to dig back into Dark Souls 1 again with some mods on PC maybe.

As for the Bloodborne DLC, I personally feel like Maria was the last quality area in the DLC. The area after that has some (imo) frustratingly cheap enemies. The boss was horrendously annoying to me as well.

Yeah man, same here. After nearly finishing Bloodborne I'm really wanting to dig back into Dark Souls 1 again with some mods on PC maybe.

As for the Bloodborne DLC, I personally feel like Maria was the last quality area in the DLC. The area after that has some (imo) frustratingly cheap enemies. The boss was horrendously annoying to me as well.
That's what I had heard. Plus I had heard a lot of hype for Maria and, while she is an awesome character:

I figured out her parry timing and had a fight with her when I parried every single one of her hits and made her whole fight a joke, then in her final phase she just constantly spams stupid fire twirl bullshit and I'm just like yeah.....great

I think I felt like "Ok if this is the fight I heard a bunch of hype for and the stuff after is supposed to be predominantly frustrating......this isn't worth it." Even if I love the accomplishment of having cleared every boss, I already got that from the main game

MrMette

Some people don't know when to quit.

Just leave him be, it will never stop if people will keep pointing fingers and keep going on about it.

(btw, I know I am doing the same right now, it is very difficult to ask people to stop it without going on about it)

Neiteio

EZA should start a spinoff called Egregious Gambling, hosted by Bosman, where he takes bets only to rescind them, and then laughs manically to lightning flashes while sitting in a skull-shaped chair and steepling his fingers

wiibomb

EZA should start a spinoff called Egregious Gambling, hosted by Bosman, where he takes bets only to rescind them, and then laughs manically to lightning flashes while sitting in a skull-shaped chair and steepling his fingers

that's like a twisted version of Don's Discount Gaming.. except he does not gamble with money or discounted games, but with bets!! and he looses if he can't find a way to weasel it, he needs to play the real villain

I would totally watch it.

What do you guys think?

I do? I love Dark Souls 3 a lot, but DS1 is my favorite.

MrMette

Nope, and no Cup of Jones for this week so far either. At this point Brandon should just strike that one week as a loss and move on.

Yeah, that's fine with me as well (although it would be best if every patron would agree and I am not sure if that will be the case).

Neiteio

To atone for his sins against Good Gambling, Bosman should wear traditional Chinese robes and reenact that scene from Jet Li's "Hero" where the guy dramatically writes calligraphy with a long stick, and at the end the camera pans back to reveal it's a giant love letter to Shigeru Miyamoto

YOU'RE TEARING US APART KYLE

Oh hi Ben

Oh hai doggy...

YeYsFOU.gif

Everybody betray me. I feddup widdis wurrrld.

Kasper

Kyle better bring some good arguments, because it looks like most of the jury is heavily against from the get-go, several of them even going so far as to helping Huber draft his contract. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out, I'm hoping for a Civil War scenario, but I imagine it'll be Everyone vs. Kyle, hahaha!

Neiteio

It'll probably end like this:

BEN: "The Council of Allies judges thee... Guilty."

KYLE: "You'll never take me alive!"

*Kyle disappears into his clothing. Out of the crumpled heap emerges a weasel that races down the hallway."

BLOOD: "Stop that weasel!"

*later, Shigeru Miyamoto is shown retrieving Weasel Bosman from a tree with one of those nets they use to retrieve stray cats*

BEN: "Thanks, Miyamoto-san."

BLOOD: "I didn't know weasels could climb trees."

Auctopus

More like...

Allies: "Guilty... you are sentenced to *punishing sentence*"

*Kyle finds loophole in sentence and continues to slime...*

It'll probably end like this:

BEN: "The Council of Allies judges thee... Guilty."

KYLE: "You'll never take me alive!"

*Kyle disappears into his clothing. Out of the crumpled heap emerges a weasel that races down the hallway."

BLOOD: "Stop that weasel!"

*later, Shigeru Miyamoto is shown retrieving Weasel Bosman from a tree with one of those nets they use to retrieve stray cats*

BEN: "Thanks, Miyamoto-san."

BLOOD: "I didn't know weasels could climb trees."
MIYAMOTO: "Let's do this back at my place next time, weasel boy."

Burt

What was that game called?

Scrumgers?

Punishment should be an 8 hour stream of Link to the Past with a dance pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom