• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

adixon

All Huber had to do was phrase it like this " I, Kyle Bosman, must play Zelda: A Link to the Past from a new save file from start to finish over three uninterrupted Twitch Streams on the Official Easy Allies Twitch Channel. This play through must be complete (ie no glitches) and all controller input must be from my own hands for the duration."

He could "play" a video of alttp and place the video window over three uninterrupted twitch streams of him humming the tetris theme and making himself lunch and taking a nap. The play through (not technically the right word if you're talking about video games and not golf, but let's pretend it was the word that refers to a video game) on the video could be a complete, glitch free playthrough, and because a video of a playthrough requires no controller input the last requirement is satisfied automatically.

MrMette

He could "play" a video of alttp and place the video window over three uninterrupted twitch streams of him humming the tetris theme and making himself lunch and taking a nap. The play through (not technically the right word if you're talking about video games and not golf, but let's pretend it was the word that refers to a video game) on the video could be a complete, glitch free playthrough, and because a video of a playthrough requires no controller input the last requirement is satisfied automatically.

Sure, but if you need to go through so many hoops for a stupid bet, I really don't care anymore, it is clear enough what is meant without a lot of extra text. This whole thing is killing bets for me and I will probably only watch the bet special for the answers/questions for the allies (I love those). I don't care about the outcome anymore to be honest.

It does take the joy out of the whole thing for me and it was the part where I looked the most forward to for E3.

I understand why people think this is great and as there is a lot of people who think this, so I guess they should just go on and keep doing it like this (I don't have a problem with this, I know for a long time I sometimes have opinions about stuff which is completely different than most people).

I am just a bit bummed about that it has to be this way, but I guess I am just being weird again.

Also, this whole thing can be fixed by:
"If Michael P Huber finds that Kyle Bosman circumvented the bet in any way, there will be another punishment for Kyle Bosman".

edit:
I thought this would fix it, but the more I think about it, it will do nothing at all.

I guess he will keep circumventing all the punishments as the only way to get some people to do stuff is to either to fine them or to send them to jail (which is sickening to me that this is the case). As those things are much too severe for something small like this, there is no way to having him ever keep his bet and thus it removes a lot of enjoyment out of every following betting special for me (except for the actual questions and answers as they are hilarious). They better don't call it "high stakes" anymore as there are no stakes at all.

Zomba13

So after catching up on the last 15 pages I just want to know cause I don't think it was asked/answered?

Are there any towns in Valkyria Chronicles?

No. Well. Not towns where you go and buy stuff and explore. You fight in towns sometimes and you have your base which is like a town but just a menu (like you pick barracks and see troops, the armoury and see weapons/tank upgrades, the training yard to train etc).

I guess he will keep circumventing all the punishments as the only way to get some people to do stuff is to either to fine them or to send them to jail (which is sickening to me that this is the case). As those things are much too severe for something small like this, there is no way to having him ever keep his bet and thus it removes a lot of enjoyment out of every following betting special for me (except for the actual questions and answers as they are hilarious). They better don't call it "high stakes" anymore as there are no stakes at all.

Super easy fix: Future betting specials have Kyle sit quietly in the corner while Huber and Jones, or Ben, or Blood or Sophie or literally anyone else do bets instead and actually honour the bet stakes.

MrMette

Super easy fix: Future betting specials have Kyle sit quietly in the corner while Huber and Jones, or Ben, or Blood or Sophie or literally anyone else do bets instead and actually honour the bet stakes.

Sure, but the problem with that is that it kills all joy for a lot of people out of the betting specials. Also I think Kyle does a great job in the betting special itself (except I think he went somewhat overboard on the final part this year, I got scared he was going on a mental breakdown).

You can also kick him out like somebody here jokingly suggested, but I don't think al this stuff is warranted for something like this. It is unfortunate that it kills some of the enjoyment for me, but in the end, they have to create the content they want to create. If they don't enjoy the content they are creating, the content will suffer and I really don't want that. We can stop watching certain shows if we don't get enjoyment out of it (and that's not the case for me yet), but apart from that we don't have a say in any of this (and I think this is a good thing as you can never make everybody happy anyway and a lot of people enjoy this stuff as well).

Sami+

Since Kyle personally has said he reads this thread I just want to say I think the bet circumvention consistently hilarious and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from seeing how you find loopholes for them every time.

The fact this thread is still on this is really baffling to me, to be honest.

Cday

Banned
I imagine it'd be a slog to keep up the shtick for the duration of the playthrough and ultimately a miserable thing to watch so it's understandable.

HONOR IT

Since Kyle personally has said he reads this thread I just want to say I think the bet circumvention consistently hilarious and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from seeing how you find loopholes for them every time.

Some people take these bets WAY too seriously.

MrMette

I know Kyle reads this thread, I think he does a great job (I think so for years). Like I said, I know a lot of people are enjoying this, so he certainly doesn't have to change who he is (I would never want anyone to do this anyway).

It is nice to have such a diverse community and it is normal some people like certain things and others don't. No harm in that.

I am glad people get enjoyment out of this, I did find his first 5 minute stream funny as well (although I was worried about him not honoring his bet). It is more a principle thing for me.

so1337

It's betting special not petting special.

MrMette

Some people take these bets WAY too seriously.

I guess, but it is really something I can't help to be honest. Not honoring bets and lying/cheating (I am not saying Kyle is lying, he isn't) are things which get on my nerves a lot (since I was a kid). I really can not stand it, so this grates on me.

When I was 13 years old I stood up and yelled at a teacher because she said I didn't hand in my assignment (and I did, but somebody removed it or something). I told her so and she kept calling me a liar until I got too pissed off and started yelling and violently knocking on my desk. I really can not help it, I get really pissed about stuff like this and sometimes get an uncontrollable anger. This happened on multiple occasions.

Over the years I got a lot better with stuff like this and I rarely get really pissed off anymore (I am not really pissed about this either), but still, I can't stand it.

I know it isn't worth it, but I can't help it

(btw, I am not kidding about this)

I guess, but it is really something I can't help to be honest. Not honoring bets and lying/cheating (I am not saying Kyle is lying, he isn't) are things which get on my nerves a lot (since I was a kid). I really can not stand it, so this grates on me.

When I was 13 years old I stood up and yelled at a teacher because she said I didn't hand in my assignment (and I did, but somebody removed it or something). I told her so and she kept calling me a liar until I got too pissed off and started yelling and violently knocking on my desk. I really can not help it, I get really pissed about stuff like this and sometimes get an uncontrollable anger. This happened on multiple occasions.

Over the years I got a lot better with stuff like this and I rarely get really pissed off anymore (I am not really pissed about this either), but still, I can't stand it.

I know it isn't worth it, but I can't help it

(btw, I am not kidding about this)

Huber made it super technical by bringing up the contract and now Kyle is turning that on its head. He's technically doing what's being said in the contract. I think it's hilarious.

MrMette

Huber made it super technical by bringing up the contract and now Kyle is turning that on its head. He's technically doing what's being said in the contract. I think it's hilarious.

I understand why a lot of (most?) people find it hilarious. I understand the comedy in it, I really do. But he knows what Huber asked him to do and it's not that it was unreasonable, so I don't understand why you would try to get out of it. He lost a bet, deal with it. If you don't want to do that (I can understand as I usually don't bet because of this), don't bet and just do predictions.

If bets are not honored, there is (in my opinion) no reason for them to be bets in the first place.

MrMette

The discussion seems to be just going in circles though.

For the record I also thought bringing a contract weird.

Yeah, you are right about that, it is going in circles, but I like discussing things and giving my opinions (and as long as it is civilized, I don't see a problem). I think it will stop either after Kyle's last stream or after the 8th (maybe it will go on for some days, but I hope it doesn't). I try my best to not respond to things about this anymore after that, but a flaw of me is that I like to have the final word (this is what people told me anyway), so I hope I can :).

I do agree that bringing a contract was weird (especially because Kyle honored his bet before like a champ), but I guess that's just Huber (I also thought it was funny).

I mean honestly after Bloodworth, needlessly I'd say, clarified everything on Twitter in terms of how the Allies felt about everything, the "discussion" should've ended. It was never serious and many post have been quite embarrassing over this. The dudes are having fun, Kyle is having fun, everything is cool between them all. None of them were taking it serious, yet we had people in this thread literally insulting Kyle repeatedly. Disgusting.

MrMette

I mean honestly after Bloodworth, needlessly I'd say, clarified everything on Twitter in terms of how the Allies felt about everything, the "discussion" should've ended. It was never serious and many post have been quite embarrassing over this. The dudes are having fun, Kyle is having fun, everything is cool between them all. None of them were taking it serious, yet we had people in this thread literally insulting Kyle repeatedly. Disgusting.

Ok, I will try my best to keep out of the conversation about the whole thing then. I do agree the insults and threats are disgusting and should never happen. I don't understand why people would do this either.

I also want to apologize to the allies and the people who got annoyed by this. I really hope I didn't get anybody annoyed, but I probably did. I love EZA and the content they produce and I don't think that will ever change whatever they do.

btw: I love the photoshops on twitter from Brandon's picture. They are really funny.

Maligna

Banned
I've been out of the loop the last week. How exactly is Kyle circumventing the bet?

Him being crafty about getting out of these punishments just makes him the EZA equivalent of Kenny from "Kenny vs Spenny". Haha.

Not that baffling when you yourself are still talking about it.

Or is that OK because you're saying how great it is?

Auctopus

I didn't realise so many Allies here were certified Lawyers, should we get the authorities involved seeing as Kyle broke a legal and binding contract?

C'mon, the whole contract (sign it!) thing was a reference to WWE, anyway...

W78FfJ.gif

I can't believe how seriously people took this, I think some people need to take a step back from the computer to re-evaluate that the EZA guys are just a bunch of mates having fun, sometimes.

I don't understand this joke. I'm about to start the game for the first time too.

During a podcast, Ian called up Ben on the word "niggling" after Ben used it, claiming that it was possibly linked to the N Word. It got a little heated, Ian said a few words a little too close to the N word and Huber tried to break the tension with that question.

luchadork

Ok, I will try my best to keep out of the conversation about the whole thing then. I do agree the insults and threats are disgusting and should never happen. I don't understand why people would do this either.

I also want to apologize to the allies and the people who got annoyed by this. I really hope I didn't get anybody annoyed, but I probably did. I love EZA and the content they produce and I don't think that will ever change whatever they do.

btw: I love the photoshops on twitter from Brandon's picture. They are really funny.

mate, youre just voicing your opinion. dont let the trolls stop you. this thread has proven time and again to have a real complex when it comes to any form of criticism.

MrMette

mate, youre just voicing your opinion. dont let the trolls stop you. this thread has proven time and again to have a real complex when it comes to any form of criticism.

Sure, but I think everybody already have seen what that opinion is and because a lot of people seem to be bothered by the discussion (people who really aren't in either camp as they don't care), I think it maybe better to move on.

I know I have a tendency to keep repeating my opinions. Also, the vibe of the thread has changed. Because a lot of people don't like that it did, I don't want to be part of that anymore as I loved the vibe here before the whole thing.

Zomba13

It's a rule to only keep things good vibes and jolly and easy and not say anything bad because the EZA guys can't take criticism and have fragile little hearts :(

MrMette

It's a rule to only keep things good vibes and jolly and easy and not say anything bad because the EZA guys can't take criticism and have fragile little hearts :(

Nah, I don't think that's true. The same way I don't like people doing certain things, other people really don't like arguments. I kwow this is true because my sister can't stand arguments either. I like arguments myself, but I understand it makes them uncomfortable. I don't want people to hate coming to this thread because of my opinions.

I like good vibes and jolly atmosphere as well.

I don't understand this joke. I'm about to start the game for the first time too.

As Auctopus said, During a podcast they were getting way off topic about the origins of a word which was close to the N-word. Huber brought it back to the original topic by asking if there are any towns in VC.

More importantly, have fun with the game, it truly is a masterpiece. Roll out!

luchadork

Sure, but I think everybody already have seen what that opinion is and because a lot of people seem to be bothered by the discussion (people who really aren't in either camp as they don't care), I think it maybe better to move on.

I know I have a tendency to keep repeating my opinions. Also, the vibe of the thread has changed. Because a lot of people don't like that it did, I don't want to be part of that anymore as I loved the vibe here before the whole thing.

yeh. its the only reason i'm still posting in here. cause its not you killing the vibe. its people blowing any form of criticism up into 20 pages of "HAHA U MAD" strawmans. like, really? thats what this thread is now? some sort of troll echo chamber?

MrMette

yeh. its the only reason i'm still posting in here. cause its not you killing the vibe. its people blowing any form of criticism up into 20 pages of "HAHA U MAD" strawmans. like, really? thats what this thread is now? some sort of troll echo chamber?

You will have stuff like that in every community on the internet. I don't really care too much about that. If people enjoy stuff like that, I just let them. I thought some of the stuff I have seen here was funny as well, some of the stuff not so much in my opinion, but it will die out eventually anyway.

Dmax3901

I'm not in this thread daily, but most of the people frowning upon criticism seem to be doing so only when it's a personal attack on one of the Allies, or if it's a shitpost.

MrMette

The Warriors coming to the PS4 as a PS2 Classic. I see a Huber stream incoming!

It's a wonderful movie and I did play the game at a friends place on the original Xbox and it was really cool as well. Will probably buy it once it is on sale (also a stream would be great).

During a podcast, Ian called up Ben on the word "niggling" after Ben used it, claiming that it was possibly linked to the N Word. It got a little heated, Ian said a few words a little too close to the N word and Huber tried to break the tension with that question.

ohhhhh I remember that! lol

That's hilarious. Thank you =)

You're in for a treat, the game is fantastic.

Thanks! I was really pleasantly surprised at the metal case that comes with it. Really nice.

Nice avatar btw. Gravity Rush Remastered will be my next game after Valkyria. Hoping I enjoy that one as well. It just looks to unique to pass up.

More importantly, have fun with the game, it truly is a masterpiece. Roll out!

Thanks as well ^_^

I'm not in this thread daily, but most of the people frowning upon criticism seem to be doing so only when it's a personal attack on one of the Allies, or if it's a shitpost.

Exactly. Luchadork just mad because his shitty jokes aren't being received well.

Can we just move on please? This whole discussion isnt fun anymore and its killing the vibe.

wiibomb

we will not be able to move on until today's trial is finished!!

no, seriously, I kinda hyped about it. I see Kyle now as a kind of villain and huber the knight who will pursue him lol

EDIT: or may be viking? kinda the same idea

Mista Koo

I'm liking the wrestling drama, but I'm really disappointed in Bosman again. I gave him a pass for the first stand up (since the 1 hour requirement was too much). However now I'm officially switching to Team Huber.
Huber let's crowdfund a lawyer for the contract next time!

Kyle, The Miyamoto of Easy Allies.
At the moment Miyamoto > Bosman. #shotsfired

I personally find the LTTP bet on the same tier of unreasonableness as the 1 hour standup. Committing to play a 15-20 hours game in no more than 3 sittings is pretty time restrictive on top of everything the allies have been having to do.
The 100% completion and 3 sittings requirements were unnecessary, but the rest is fine.

MrMette

What, he can't take criticism?

I don't know him, so I don't know, but I can take criticism (I will probably try to defend myself, but yeah). You are not trying to stop the whole discussion with a post like that and you are killing the vibe yourself.

By insulting people you show you don't care about the vibe in this channel and you don't care about EZA at all as I am sure they don't like us throwing insults at one another constantly. It is embarrassing and it doesn't help the community.
You can think what you want about certain posts, there is no problem with disagreeing, but you can show this in a civilized way.

edit:
Also, you made me react to this stuff again, thanks.

Keep fighting the good fight?

luchadork

this shit has really come full circle.
my first post.

Mad little children ruin this community for me sometimes.

i dunno. i think his bet schtick is more predictable than funny or clever. just my opinion though.

my last post.

its not you killing the vibe. its people blowing any form of criticism up into 20 pages of "HAHA U MAD" strawmans.

Exactly. Luchadork just mad because his shitty jokes aren't being received well.

20 pages of this shit. fml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom