• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Right, and since it was put into writing Kyle knew exactly what he was expected to do, which he did. You guys act like you'd have to add three more pages when you'd just have to add three more lines. It's not like there was a loophole for the standup stuff, there was for this.
I don't think there should be any more pages at all. He knows full well what Huber expects him to do. It is a bet between friends, some people like to screw their friends (in a friendly way, I admit), other people hate this type of stuff.

If my friends do this to me, I would be upset about it without a doubt (which is why they wouldn't try this as they know I am not a fan of stuff like this). It is just how some people are.

I'm not saying Kyle shouldn't be Kyle. He can do whatever he want, I am just saying some people don't like stuff like this and others do. There is no right or wrong in this, we all love EZA, this whole thing is blown out of proportion and while I understand why peope love the whole discussion and I don't really mind it too much either (if it doesn't go too far), in the end I would rather have their "normal" content or stuff like the Q&A for example.

Maybe I am just too old to go with stuff like this or something :) (I think most of the allies are younger than I am (not by much, but still), maybe it's 50/50).

Also Love & Respect

edit:
It maybe hasn't been said enough in this thread but I really love your content, allies. Keep up the good work!

Man I need a photoshop of the scene from Memento with the "Don't believe his lies," with Kyle's face on it.

You requested, I deliver.

mTcKyUh.png

Man Ben streams are the best. He's my favorite solo streamer of the crew.

Great interactions with chat, good mix of game and non game topics, keeps things fun, interesting discussions. Best in the biz.

Runners up:
Huber
Kyle

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sometimes I think I enjoy the Q&A blocks more than the podcasts because they get downright relaxed and in their element. The group dynamic is hilarious whenever its firing on all cylinders.

I love this group too much, man. Because I work from home and their content is on as background all day, it's like I'm some ghost that considers them my co-workers but can never actually interact with much due to the timezones of the streams.

Jotaka

I like so much Tabletop Escapades so good. It remind me of old rpg session plays I had with friends when we were in college. Boys club time lol

I don't think there should be any more pages at all. He knows full well what Huber expects him to do. It is a bet between friends, some people like to screw their friends (in a friendly way, I admit), other people hate this type of stuff.

If my friends do this to me, I would be upset about it without a doubt (which is why they wouldn't try this as they know I am not a fan of stuff like this). It is just how some people are.

I'm not saying Kyle shouldn't be Kyle. He can do whatever he want, I am just saying some people don't like stuff like this and others do. There is no right or wrong in this, we all love EZA, this whole thing is blown out of proportion and while I understand why peope love the whole discussion and I don't really mind it too much either (if it doesn't go too far), in the end I would rather have their "normal" content or stuff like the Q&A for example.

Maybe I am just too old to go with stuff like this or something :) (I think most of the allies are younger than I am (not by much, but still), maybe it's 50/50).

Also Love & Respect

edit:
It maybe hasn't been said enough in this thread but I really love your content, allies. Keep up the good work!
I can guarantee you the problem isn't that you're too old.

Burt

not to go off topic

because who would ever want to derail the thread from the conversation of the last 4000 pages

but I just caught up on the latest episode of Preacher, and dammit, I would love a hybrid TV/anime podcast from ze allies.

and I don't even watch much anime, but I know a full TV podcast is asking too much

not to go off topic

because who would ever want to derail the thread from the conversation of the last 4000 pages

but I just caught up on the latest episode of Preacher, and dammit, I would love a hybrid TV/anime podcast from ze allies.

and I don't even watch much anime, but I know a full TV podcast is asking too much
Law and Order: EZA

not to go off topic

and movies too.

It was something i loved about their GT streams, they would just chat away about similar games/anime/movies to what they were streaming and see what the others thought of their tastes. Since becoming EZA and the streams becoming more solo affairs, they've lost that. The streams consist of talking about the game that's being played and engaging with chat, and the 2nd point is completely lost on YouTube archive because you as a viewer have no idea what was asked on chat..only the answer the streamers are giving.
To date the best streams for me outside Tuesday group streams are Brad and Hubers Army of Two 3 series. Great banter and chemistry pulling them through a crap game.

ahahahahahahaha, for me, the funniest thing is all the meltdowns on the internet over the bet while the guys at EZA are just having fun with all of this.

Giever

ahahahahahahaha, for me, the funniest thing is all the meltdowns on the internet over the bet while the guys at EZA are just having fun with all of this.

Huber seemed legitimately a bit disappointed/annoyed with the idea of Kyle dodging the bet towards the beginning of this stream. Didn't seem like an act, but I could be wrong. *shrugs*

Requeim

Huber seemed legitimately a bit disappointed/annoyed with the idea of Kyle dodging the bet towards the beginning of this stream. Didn't seem like an act, but I could be wrong. *shrugs*

Of course it's not legitimate. Some people in this thread have a completely warped view of the interactions between these people. Just assume that it's all in good fun, because that is the reality here. Huber is playing the betting rivalry up for the camera, because it's more entertaining that way. If you see any of the allies badmouth or speak negatively of another on camera, there is a 99.9% chance that they are joking around. Yes, even when they deadpan it.

I can see why the thread blew up, when people fall for simple acting like this.

openrob

The Brandon Plays Pokémon series has inspired me to do something similar with my non gamer partner with a different series. Was planning to do a let's play at some point, but love the interview syle. Just shot the first episode haha

Mr Rivuz

This whole situation made me think it would be cool to have a show with two allies playing a divisive game together, with one of them that loves it and another one that hates it.
Like, for example, just a random game passing through my mind right now, a stream with Bosman and Damiani playing Alttp.

Guess I'll chime in. It does kinda bum me out when Kyle weasles out, but he technically is fulfilling the obligations. That said, this is just a bet between friends and we're on the receiving end of entertainment. Kyle is well within his right to exploit the language of any bet. It just means that as time goes on, Huber will have to try harder and harder to make it airtight. Sucks that we only get 3-4 betting specials per year, but whatever.

So after catching up on the last 15 pages I just want to know cause I don't think it was asked/answered?

Are there any towns in Valkyria Chronicles?

This whole situation made me think it would be cool to have a show with two allies playing a divisive game together, with one of them that loves it and another one that hates it.
Like, for example, just a random game passing through my mind right now, a stream with Bosman and Damiani playing Alttp.
Or a stream of Bosman and Damiani playing Skyward Sword while the stream of Bosman and Damiani playing ALttP plays in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom