• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Huber calling his show "HYPE!" without any specific or unique identifiers might be a bad idea. I could see it making his videos hard to find when being searched for. Maybe I'm wrong.

Perhaps they should call it HYPE! starring Mike Huber or something like that.

I think it is cool because it allows his show to be titled something new every week. "Insert topic here" - HYPE!

VanWinkle

I'm so happy that not only did their patreon numbers not go down when the month's pledges went through, but it just keeps climbing higher!

wiibomb

I really don't want Quatum Break to win the group stream choice...

I kinda wanted to go in a blackout for that game and if they show it I might be compromised :p

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Its a shame this weeks stream cant be them taking turns at the HTC Vive like other games media right now.

farisr

For the group stream I hope something other than Quantum Break wins it. It being a story focused single player game is something that I want to experience myself first and also doesn't seem to mix with the chaos of the group stream
I haven't watched any of their DKC Tropical Freeze group streams because I still have the game here in its shrink wrap and want to play it without having any of the level design spoiled for me. If QB wins the poll, I definitely won't watch the stream tonight either as I'll likely be in the middle of my playthrough.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That Easy Update 2 was amazing. Love the chemistry between Ian and Kyle. Glad to hear Huber has a name ready and that they're considering a 40K stretch goal! That'll help reach 50K.

J-Skee

I really don't want Quatum Break to win the group stream choice...

I kinda wanted to go in a blackout for that game and if they show it I might be compromised :p

I'm personally voting for Enter the Gungeon, personally because I'm interested in it & want to see just how jolly it could be for groups. Jolliness factor means a lot to me.

A group stream of a single player game seems very odd to me.

I'd like to see them do a MarioKart 8 split screen tournament.

Or Knight Squad.

Just something where a load of them can all play at once and they are competing against each other.

A group stream of a single player game seems very odd to me.

I'd like to see them do a MarioKart 8 split screen tournament.

Or Knight Squad.

Just something where a load of them can all play at once and they are competing against each other.

Did you watch last week's group stream where they played a single player game? It was glorious.

Tankard

Yeah, gonna lose a lot of the magic these guys have together because of this, Skype podcasts are always so awkward as well because people start talking when others start too. Ah well.

We shall see how it's gonna go, but yeah, podcasting through skype requires a good dose of editing which is something i don't think they will have a lot of time to do for now. In Brazil podcasters do a technique of "sound commas", that when the conversations derails too much, or too long awkward pauses, they have it edited with a fade in music that will overtake and then they continue the conversation or move on to another after that.

jond76

Banned
Yeah, gonna lose a lot of the magic these guys have together because of this, Skype podcasts are always so awkward as well because people start talking when others start too. Ah well.

Well, luckily they have Kyle as moderator.. Don't think it'll be a big deal.

wiibomb

Don't you all love the honesty and transparency they all have with this? I just binge watched both Cup of Jones and the D-Files update and I very impressed how open they are to changes and new ideas suggested from patreons.

I love how they are willing to change according to tendencies.

I also got a huge smile just thinking about the amount of content they are pulling.. This is already starting to seem better than old GT

I watch the streams and have access to twitch so I don't need the plays channel. I guess some people can't access twitch archives so it makes sense for them.

On another note I really wish you guys were doing some sort VR stream. I need to hear the thoughts of the EZA crew. The GB stream where they're showing different games is cool and all but at the end of the day it's like going out with the girl you met at the bar instead of the chick you really dig.

Don't you all love the honesty and transparency they all have with this? I just binge watched both Cup of Jones and the D-Files update and I very impressed how open they are to changes and new ideas suggested from patreons.

I love how they are willing to change according to tendencies.

I also got a huge smile just thinking about the amount of content they are pulling.. This is already starting to seem better than old GT

Yea, it seems to thy are starting to get their legs under them and open about it. Hopefully by E3 they have really hit their stride because I am really looking forward to their E3 converge. Giant Bomb has proven you don't have be on the show floor to have great coverage, talking over the streams is great. However, I would love a Bosman on the floor report, maybe he can meet Yoshida and sing to him again.

Origin of "Must Be Nice" was...

Ben Moore is well known for buying booster packs on Hearthstone. Huber was playing him one evening and apparently got destroyed by Ben's far superior deck. Huber being a F2P player messaged him "Pay to win. Must be nice."

It's weird thinking people don't know that story, it was only last year.

Legends have a way of taking off. Huber has spent hundreds on Hearthstone. Not nearly as much as me, but he is not a F2P player.

wiibomb

Can someone summarize the D-Files update for me? I can't watch right now.

-Starting on May
-Going primarily for a Monthly episode
-Almost similar to pop fiction
-Planning on telling the game some time ahead of the episode, but nothing of the specifics until the episode goes live
-Planing on including patreon picked topics for some episodes, but not all of them

Kyle Bosman interview on some podcast, never listened to it before- it was posted in the twitch chat. He talks GT closure, EZA patreon success, why Bosman at Home is on his own channel. Don't think its been posted here yet.

http://omnyapp.com/shows/sophistimicated-gaming/kyle-bosman-interview-2016

thank you for sharing, there is some very interesting info here...

EDIT: I play Dark Souls during those EZA streams, there are few things more enjoyable for me, I love to see other playing while I play myself. Didn't know it was so rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom