• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, second channel makes sense.

At first, I was against it. But then I saw that they had like 7 guys streaming every day, and the main channel was getting overwhelmed.

Mikey Jr.

Now that I see how many twitch archive vids get added I'm ok with the split.

And let me just say the EZA YouTube thumbnails are THE best. That side banner is SO good. They really stand out compared to the usual funny face stuff on everything else. Very classy look

I honestly think the podcast side banner is VERY BAD.

Gray and black. It sucks. There is no pop. I don't want to use the word generic, but it sucks like hell. The thumbnail for podcast 2 in general is just very bad.

I liked how the first podcast thumbnail looked like. That was nice. Just clean.

Tankard

And let me just say the EZA YouTube thumbnails are THE best. That side banner is SO good. They really stand out compared to the usual funny face stuff on everything else. Very classy look

I agree with you, i love the thumbnails and the side banner.

wiibomb

glad someone pointed out, yeah I thought the side banners look fantastic, very classy and distinct from the nonsense in the usual kiddy youtube channels

demu

I never followed those guys before but all the hype made me watch some videos on their new channel and I really liked what I saw. Especially their podcasts are excellent.

They remind me a little bit of german Rocket Beans TV. Both crowdfunded and both targeting an older audience which seems like a rare sight nowadays. RBTV is now way bigger than it was at its start a little bit over a year ago. I'm curious how EZA plays out.

Also yep, two seperated channels is the way to go.

You really can't lose with their design. Red, black, white
As a german it gives me shivers down my spine. ;)

Motooni

I almost forgot, Ben said he'd be doing a Phantasy Star Online stream tonight. Not sure if it's still on though. I wouldn't hesitate to watch them stream one of my favourite games.

Tankard

I almost forgot, Ben said he'd be doing a Phantasy Star Online stream tonight. Not sure if it's still on though. I wouldn't hesitate to watch them stream one of my favourite games.

He did say that, but i guess it was supposed to be earlier? I think Dumb Game Monday is about to start.

Fake edit: Well, he may start it after Bosman, i many times forget how much of a different timezone i get from the West Coast, it's already 9:30pm here =(

timmyp53

Brandon Jones looks like a handsome young man this time. Not doing it at 3:00 in the morning helps lol. Hubers show is called Hype!

Lexad

That was a hell of a cup of jones.

Great opportunity to discuss the review system and talking about that potential 40k goal

Hype! and 2nd Podcast are either releasing this week or next (depends on testing) but the 2nd Podcast won't be in person but online.

Tankard

Cup of Jones second episode is really really good, i'm glad he is less tired and more loose this time, the first episode was great because of the information but felt too tight and scripted, i think he nailed it now.

I could not agree more on their line of thinking behind the review scores, because that is also my view on what it matters, what should count the most in a review is what is written/narrated and not so much the score. Big gaming sites won't mind about it because they know a good percentage of people won't even read the reviews and jump to the score, here EZA have their community behind them and they can afford trying to get people's attention to their work of writting and the real thing other than the score itself.

That was a hell of a cup of jones.

Great opportunity to discuss the review system and talking about that potential 40k goal

Hype! and 2nd Podcast are either releasing this week or next (depends on testing) but the 2nd Podcast won't be in person but online.

I understand why that is but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find that disappointing. Hopefully the boys can get to the 50G and get that studio soon!

Brandon Jones is a great leader for something like this. I'm glad that his role is more forward facing this time, and that he's really getting himself out there more as an on-screen presence, which is something he talked about wanting to do when he was on the Kinda Funny Gamecast.

VanWinkle

Brandon Jones is a great leader for something like this. I'm glad that his role is more forward facing this time, and that he's really getting himself out there more as an on-screen presence, which is something he talked about wanting to do when he was on the Kinda Funny Gamecast.

Completely agree. He has a great understanding for what people want, and he's just an enjoyable personality himself, too.

timmyp53

My post on Patreon Wall:
Great show Brandon! Great lighting this time too. Hey maybe a stretch goal(40,000k) could be for you guys to rent a hassleblad dslr cam for EZA shows. Kyles show was awesome but his camera/lighting needed some tweaking. This stretch goal wouldnt require you to add new shows too. Just to focus on what you have. Love you guys. Keep it up!

Dont mind the second podcast being off camera, anything that makes it more timely and consistent for them. And it can still sound extremely good. DLC podcast is done off camera and Jeff and Chris are talking from their own homes (or once from two different rooms in Jeff's house) and you couldn't tell for the most part, except when life happens and the dog barks or something.

Looking forward to those and getting details about what D-Files will be.

Lexad

Dont mind the second podcast being off camera, anything that makes it more timely and consistent for them. And it can still sound extremely good. DLC podcast is done off camera and Jeff and Chris are talking from their own homes (or once from two different rooms in Jeff's house) and you couldn't tell for the most part, except when life happens and the dog barks or something.

Looking forward to those and getting details about what D-Files will be.

You couldn't tell My Brother My Brother and Me/Adventure Zone are all online as they all sound in person

You couldn't tell My Brother My Brother and Me/Adventure Zone are all online as they all sound in person

A lot of podcasts are done that way and it is hard to perceive it. There must be some program that is used to achieve this. Can't just be skype or another basic VOIP because when a guest is on it is usually obvious the guest is using skype.

Edit: Also the person Role Playing Kyle's Mom is in the dumb game Monday chat encouraging Kyle, too funny.

A lot of podcasts are done that way and it is hard to perceive it. There must be some program that is used to achieve this. Can't just be skype or another basic VOIP because when a guest is on it is usually obvious the guest is using skype.
They probably record all on their own and put it together by stitching the audio together.

Spman2099

I can't wait to get home from work and listen to this...

It is all good if they do it correctly (which I am sure they will). If it sounds good then it will be awesome.

timmyp53

Ben, if you're reading this... PLEASE do this if you aren't planning on it already. Skype is going to lower the fidelity of everyone's voice besides yours otherwise.
Can someone explain the process of stitching together audio for a remotely done podcast. I'm confused about what you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom