• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Nice. The last stream I saw he was about halfway through his first playthrough, so he must've either put a ton of time into it or watched the other endings on Youtube.

If he only watched endings B, C and D, i hope he also watched the extended cutscenes from the rest of the game.

The really heartbreaking stuff in this game comes from replaying it a second time and learn the backstory of the area/bosses, like Roc, Beepy, Wendy and so on :(

Hey friends, the Jaffe thing is funny and all but can we please not

Monopoly is a guaranteed good time. Not like they're going to comment on any of the Jaffe stuff and if you're voting to spite him it's still publicity

(Of course there are plenty of Patrons not on here but yea)

Mista Koo

Monopoly is a guaranteed good time. Not like they're going to comment on any of the Jaffe stuff and if you're voting to spite him it's still publicity

What if I'm voting because I actually wanna see them play the game? Well between the three at least, not in general.

Edit: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime would've been a better Plus game choice.

I agree. People are super naive in thinking Kyle will play the game and bash it the whole time. In fact he'll go out of his way to not say anything.

And Monopoly streams from this crew always deliver. It's a no brainer. I posted as much on the patreon post as well to try and avoid another joke vote winning

emb

What is the deal with Jaffe and Bosman? I missed whatever happened.
Kyle made fun of Drawn to Death on his segments on Geoff's Youtube Gaming thing. Jaffe complained about it a couple times, singling out Bosman and flinging insults at him. I don't think anything else ever came of it.

It's been a year since monopoly, c'mon guys.
...I need it.

What is the deal with Jaffe and Bosman? I missed whatever happened.

Kyle made fun of this precious little man's game on his Youtube live show, the poor chap then went on foul Twitter rant about Kyle and then at PSX on the Kinda Funny panel he called out Kyle as a negative person who doesn't do anything for the industry..

..Only for the President of Sony Worldwide Studios who was on the same panel to then say he loves Kyle's jokes, thinks he's a great comedian and hope continues his skits. Oops.

Dysun

It's been a year since monopoly, c'mon guys.
...I need it.

Kyle made fun of this precious little man's game on his Youtube live show, the poor chap then went on foul Twitter rant about Kyle and then at PSX on the Kinda Funny panel he called out Kyle as a negative person who doesn't do anything for the industry..

..Only for the President of Sony Worldwide Studios who was on the same panel to then say he loves Kyle's jokes, thinks he's a great comedian and hope continues his skits. Oops.

I just watched the two videos about this, Jaffe comes off like a whiny manchild. He made a 5 second joke about my game boohoo

if someone could post a hilarious and lengthy video to distract me that would be great. The worst day
Sorry to hear that.

There's always Fiasconauts!

My personal fav
https://youtu.be/HPEd_Kj0mkM

Or the latest (havent watched yet but I'm assuming it's awesome)
https://youtu.be/Ck9Opshw31s

There's the best of EZA 2017 series
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOWhKJpgA4f7qraUU2fEsqEJBPmyH_uMT

Or you could watch Ben play RE3 for the first time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4qsOm_FvoZHcJq2ePjlXTDUkCEuae1Dz

ShadyK54

*Possible* spoilers for the next Huber Syndrome after tonight:

I counted Huber having more incorrect predictions than Brad, so The Drifter is now Huber's favorite wrestler of all time. (Brad had 5 incorrect, Huber had 7)

I've been rewatching almost all of their reaction videos (where they watch the press conferences live) from E3 on. I've watched all of their E3 press conference reaction videos (except Bethesda because at least part of it is muted on Youtube), as well as their PSX and Switch reveal ones.

It's interesting how upset they (and basically everyone else) were when EA barely showed anything of Mass Effect: Andromeda at E3 and how it ended up turning out. Even with that EA's press conference is still pretty bad. No one (that I remember) gave it above a 1.5/5. I thought Microsoft's press conference was decent when it first happened, but on rewatch, especially after Sony's, it is not that good on rewatch. They go into wide shots really often and have to tell us basically everything is Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive. The biggest issue rewatching it though is "one of our biggest releases for 2017" Scalebound getting cancelled. It didn't demo well, but it's still a massive shock with how often they've shown it. I think everyone gave it either a 3.5/5 or a 4/5, but someone might have given is a 3/5. Ubisoft probably had the worst pacing of any of them with almost every game having a 5+ minute segment. Even with that though, it's still a decent press conference. The South Park: The Fractured But Whole segment is my favorite moment from any of the E3 press conferences last year. It felt weird seeing Bloodworth laughing so hard. The Trials of the Blood Dragon guys were great too. Everything else ranged from decent (Watch Dogs 2, Steep) to stupid (Assassin's Creed movie, the fake dialogue in the Ghost Recon: Wildlands demo). I can't remember what they scored it, but the general consensus was slightly below Microsoft's and the same as Bethesda.

Sony's 2016 E3 press conference is still really good. Their minds were completely blown during the Resident Evil 7 reveal. They probably overhyped this a little, although the game still turned out well. Skylanders is completely out of place in the press conference but Layden coming out of Crash's shadow was awesome. I'm sure Lego Star Wars was only there because of the orchestra. Everyone except for Damiani (who gave it a 4.5/5) gave it a 5/5. Sony's PSX press conference isn't quite as good on rewatch. The first half is really good, but it drags a bit late. I'm a little saddened that they all viewed Knack 2 as a joke. I could tell early in the trailer that it was a sequel, but they all thought it was DLC or something until it revealed a 2 at the end. Sony had 2 montages where they didn't name any of the games in them. The Last of Us Part 2 trailer, while I personally have 0 interest in it, is still a very strong reveal. I don't think they rated it.

Their Nintendo Switch press conference reactions are interesting. Everyone seems really excited from it when it ends, but as they're recapping it and details are coming out, they start to sour on it a bit. My reaction on it is they went too far both ways on the press conference. They got a bit too excited for it but then soured on it too much. They ranked is between a D and C+. Personally I'd give it a B- purely for the press conference and nothing that came after. Also Don's story of when he was a kid is incredibly disturbing.

Bahorel

Damn unknownstranger you just got me hyped.

EZA+E3 is seriously better than Christmas for me. As someone who lives alone, this is where the real miracles are.

Damn unknownstranger you just got me hyped.

EZA+E3 is seriously better than Christmas for me. As someone who lives alone, this is where the real miracles are.

I first watch press conferences by themselves and then their reactions later. I've tried watching Giant Bomb's and Kinda Funny's live reactions but vastly prefer Easy Allies.

I'm always extremely hyped for E3. I only get up early 3 times a year: E3, our yearly yard sale and (usually) Christmas. That might change this year though with Microsoft moving their press conference to Sunday.

I am a bit worried about Damiani's reaction to Yooka Laylee. Kyle mentioned something on his Tetris stream about asking Damiani how he was getting on with the game and receiving a sigh in return.

Not long to wait for the reviews any way. Damiani: If you are reading this do you have an idea when your review will be up?

Is my Youtube subscriptions fucked or have there been no videos added to EasyAllies Plays for almost a week? No Tuesday group stream, no nothing!

Could be my end. I've had problems in the past with videos not showing for some reason.

Hasney

Is my Youtube subscriptions fucked or have there been no videos added to EasyAllies Plays for almost a week? No Tuesday group stream, no nothing!

Could be my end. I've had problems in the past with videos not showing for some reason.

No, I'm seeing the same too. Last video was Dumb Game Monday.

I am a bit worried about Damiani's reaction to Yooka Laylee.

Not to worry you even further but he is certainly not the only reviewer/critic who has expressed concern over what they've played of the review version.

If people don't wanna know, I'll spoiler
Jim Sterling and a few other reviewers have said the frame-rate is absolutely dire.

Servbot24

Banned
Not to worry you even further but he is certainly not the only reviewer/critic who has expressed concern over what they've played of the review version.

Jim Sterling and a few other reviewers have said the frame-rate is absolutely dire.

Frame rate doesn't matter to me too much, what's more concerning is that the actual game doesn't look very good. :/

Yeah I saw that but I am on PC so hopefully it won't be an issue as Unity hasn't ever really caused me problems with half-decently made games.

Frame rate doesn't matter to me too much, what's more concerning is that the actual game doesn't look very good. :/

I think there's more issues than that but it's before embargo so they were hesitant to share more. His main message was to possibly re-think your pre-order and wait for reviews.

Edit: I'm not trying to be negative, it's just what I heard that could explain Damiani's sigh of resignation. Hoping it's good.

luchadork

I think there's more issues than that but it's before embargo so they were hesitant to share more. His main message was to possibly re-think your pre-order and wait for reviews.

Edit: I'm not trying to be negative, it's just what I heard that could explain Damiani's sigh of resignation. Hoping it's good.

i remember him doing that sigh. was in the podcast wasnt it? either way, it was related to framerate dips but if i'm not wrong he didnt say he experienced, rather that he'd heard about it and was wondering what platform it was on.

i remember him doing that sigh. was in the podcast wasnt it? either way, it was related to framerate dips but if i'm not wrong he didnt say he experienced, rather that he'd heard about it and was wondering what platform it was on.

Yeah, sorry, just to clarify that the "his" in that post is Jim Sterling, not Damiani.

Persona 5 preloading. I'm a cynical, apathetic bastard so we shall see if it touches my heart.

P4G was pretty rad doe

I really hope we get a Spoiler Mode on P5 with Kyle and Brandon in it.

I've been watching some old GT videos, specifically Thanks For Playing and someone I think would be good for a Frame Trap special guest (if they were thinking of doing it again) is Justin Speer. Always seemed like a chill dude with good taste.

That's on me, been powering through Mass Effect. Will get everything back in order tonight.

MrMette

That would suck, but not much I can do about it myself as I kickstarted it almost 2 years ago (so no canceling my pre-order). That said, the kickstarting price for a digital copy (£15) was much cheaper than it is right now on PSN right now (£35), so I am not complaining. If it isn't good, so be it (I hope not, but yeah).

Kneefoil

That would suck, but not much I can do about it myself as I kickstarted it almost 2 years ago (so no canceling my pre-order). That said, the kickstarting price for a digital copy (£15) was much cheaper than it is right now on PSN right now (£35), so I am not complaining. If it isn't good, so be it (I hope not, but yeah).

I helped Kickstarting it as well, so I do hope that the game ends up being good. That said, I feel like I'm pretty much done backing games on crowd funding sites. Four of the 8-10 games I've helped funding have come out already, and something I've noticed is that by the time these games come out, my enthusiasm for the games have always petered out significantly. I've only played two of them so far, although even the latest one of them came out quite a while ago.

The way I would express my interest towards Yooka-Laylee right now would be the words "mild curiosity". That's a shame, because at the beginning I was really hyped for a new 3D platformer due to the genre having suffered such a severe drought. I'm sure I'll play it regardless of its critical reception, but it's probably going to be a pretty long time from now. I'm just not really feeling it right now, and the amount of other great games that have come out recently sure isn't helping it's case.

Sorry to hear that.

There's always Fiasconauts!

My personal fav
https://youtu.be/HPEd_Kj0mkM

Or the latest (havent watched yet but I'm assuming it's awesome)
https://youtu.be/Ck9Opshw31s

There's the best of EZA 2017 series
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOWhKJpgA4f7qraUU2fEsqEJBPmyH_uMT

Or you could watch Ben play RE3 for the first time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4qsOm_FvoZHcJq2ePjlXTDUkCEuae1Dz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpv9TrdBLdY&t=1h36m

(from 1:36:00, in case the timestamp doesn't work)

thanks for these, i appreciate it

CyReN

Saw Jones wearing a Red vs Blue like Easy Allies t-shirt recently, are those customs / special? Didn't see it on the store.

EDIT: Found it, yep concert shirt :(

El-Suave

I first watch press conferences by themselves and then their reactions later. I've tried watching Giant Bomb's and Kinda Funny's live reactions but vastly prefer Easy Allies.

Same here, I always start with the EZA for the pre show, then watch the conference alone by myself and after it's finished I switch back to EZA for the replay, the reactions and opinions. Twice the fun and I get a lot of mileage out of E3 that way. It's also the one time a year where being on a different day/night cycle has its advantages if you watch it like that. And yes, it is better than Christmas for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom