• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I get to hear Bloodworth talk about Battle Chasers, been waiting since he mentioned it. :)

I wonder how many other folks rarely post in this thread due to general satisfaction with how the Allies are handling everything.
Me. I'm subbed and a Patreon supporter and outside of a couple of drive by posts here and there I avoid these threads. I just don't really have anything constructive to add to the conversation and think the allies are doing fine as is. I enjoy seeing them experiment and explore things themselves.

I don't even talk in the Twitch chat much and I surely don't post on Patreon, lol. I just passively enjoy and consume everything.

Joqu

Been better with the E3 season, but I guess I can get pretty passive about my EZA fandom too on here, though it's mostly me forgetting community threads are a thing. I consume a whole lot of Easy Allies content that I never comment on. :p

xuchu

Why is this "jaded" beef still a thing?

3PNAoKs.gif

Look at those jaded fucks /s

I love both Giantbomb and EZA. They're a lot more similar than people realise.

Damn. Another incredible ride with the Allies. Been with them since their last E3 @ GT and haven't stopped keeping up with them. They're just incredible, incredible people. Everyone has this burning passion for video games and it really is contagious. The way Ben talks about his favorites is something to admire. He goes on and on and I feel I learn something everytime he opens his mouth. Awesome, awesome stuff from the Allies this year. The new Easy Update was the best. Don Casanova is honestly the hidden gem of the industry, what a hilarious fuckin' dude.

Never forget this exchange from the very first EZA stream:

Ben: ''I was at the Gamestop.''
?: ''What game did you pick up?''
Ben: ''Senran Kagura. The guy asked if I really wanted that game. I told him to look at me.''

Not a complaint, but a suggestion:

The Beach House Stream promo should be separated from the e3 stream a standalone video for youtube and made the featured video of the channel.

N° 2048

Where do they talk about the Beach House Stream?

I just finished Day 3 impressions and must have missed it. Though I haven't seen Frame Trap yet.

Watching the podcast and I'm losing it by watching Huber lose it on stream. I'm completely distracted from the actual conversation going on lol.

Two Words

Man, I'm really disappointed with Trailer Jones. I feel like they are still doing things exactly like they did in GT in a really bad way. I never liked Trailer Score because they often feel like no matter what a trailer does, they'll complain about the most meaningless things. It often feels like if a trailer does X, they will say the trailer should have done Y. But if the trailer did Y, they will then say the trailer should have done X. A good example is Brandon complaining that the Super Mario trailer had a few cuts in it in worlds we've seen before like New Donk City. I honestly feel that if no cut showed a previously shown world, Brandon would have said something like "I like this trailer, but I don't get why they didn't show a single shot of some of the worlds before. I wanna see how that hat is used on the people in New Donk City. They really should have done that to tie it back to what we saw last time." or something like that. Honestly, the whole thing reminds me of:

south-park-s19e04c04-my-experience-was-sublime_16x9.jpg

dickroach

Man, I'm really disappointed with Trailer Jones. I feel like they are still doing things exactly like they did in GT in a really bad way. I never liked Trailer Score because they often feel like no matter what a trailer does, they'll complain about the most meaningless things. It often feels like if a trailer does X, they will say the trailer should have done Y. But if the trailer did Y, they will then say the trailer should have done X. A good example is Brandon complaining that the Super Mario trailer had a few cuts in it in worlds we've seen before like New Donk City. I honestly feel that if no cut showed a previously shown world, Brandon would have said something like "I like this trailer, but I don't get why they didn't show a single shot of some of the worlds before. I wanna see how that hat is used on the people in New Donk City. They really should have done that to tie it back to what we saw last time." or something like that.

ha you're probably right.
and I'm certain Kyle gave GoW that 6.whatever just because all the votes prior to that were like 8.5-9.0 and he just wanted to make sure every single vote wasn't going to be in that range

Kneefoil

Man, I'm really disappointed with Trailer Jones. I feel like they are still doing things exactly like they did in GT in a really bad way. I never liked Trailer Score because they often feel like no matter what a trailer does, they'll complain about the most meaningless things. It often feels like if a trailer does X, they will say the trailer should have done Y. But if the trailer did Y, they will then say the trailer should have done X. A good example is Brandon complaining that the Super Mario trailer had a few cuts in it in worlds we've seen before like New Donk City. I honestly feel that if no cut showed a previously shown world, Brandon would have said something like "I like this trailer, but I don't get why they didn't show a single shot of some of the worlds before. I wanna see how that hat is used on the people in New Donk City. They really should have done that to tie it back to what we saw last time." or something like that. Honestly, the whole thing reminds me of:
I feel that most of their criticisms are pretty good, but that Mario complaint you mentioned was one that I too thought was a bit strange. It doesn't really bring the show down any in my eyes though.

My only frustrations with the show sometimes is when I want to praise or criticize a trailer for something, but none of the Allies bring up the point I would make myself. But that's the nature of the show since everyone sees things a bit differently.
gurren-laggan.simon_.74snw.jpg

Anime versions of Huber and Ben.
Oh yes! Huber is Kamina, Ben is Simon.

Mista Koo

After manually going through the timestamps for the first two impression days they decided to split them into videos :<
(They're probably just doing the big names, most of which I don't care about.)

Unrelated to anything recent, but I've played Puyo Puyo Tetris for the first time this weekend and destroyed everyone after losing once. I'll have BvW to thank for that. As little as I watched of it, mostly I just check the highscore, it taught me to play and almost enjoy Tetris.

After manually going through the timestamps for the first two impression days they decided to split them into videos :<
(They're probably just doing the big names, most of which I don't care about.)

Unrelated to anything recent, but I've played Puyo Puyo Tetris for the first time this weekend and destroyed everyone after losing once. I'll have BvW to thank for that. As little as I watched of it, mostly I just check the highscore, it taught me to play and almost enjoy Tetris.

Yeah, there's about 3-5 highlights from each day that I'll be posting. Same as last year. Just makes those conversations easier to search / share.

My feedback:
- Amazing work from the allies all around. Thank you all for the great coverage.

Everything i will write from now is things i feel could improve:

- More footage from E3 itself please. Huber Syndrome and Easy Update were both awesome, however I would love even more filming of E3 itself. I wanna feel the vibe from there. Show me for example an ally playing a game while giving his thoughts right on the showfloor while playing, On the fly interviews with small developers, ...

- I know you are doing your best and that time is the issue, however the frametrap, judge jones, trailer jones are still not on youtube. I don't really understand why 'Day 4 impressions' are on youtube before these for example. Wouldnt it make more sense to upload stuff on youtube chronologically?

L&R

My feedback:
- Amazing work from the allies all around. Thank you all for the great coverage.

Everything i will write from now is things i feel could improve:

- More footage from E3 itself please. Huber Syndrome and Easy Update were both awesome, however I would love even more filming of E3 itself. I wanna feel the vibe from there. Show me for example an ally playing a game while giving his thoughts right on the showfloor while playing, On the fly interviews with small developers, ...

- I know you are doing your best and that time is the issue, however the frametrap, judge jones, trailer jones are still not on youtube. I don't really understand why 'Day 4 impressions' are on youtube before these for example. Wouldnt it make more sense to upload stuff on youtube chronologically?

L&R

Kyle, Ben, and Damiani decided to post the shows on YouTube at their normal times. For Brandon's stuff, I'm waiting for his clean direct uploads and he's taking some needed time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom