• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Thanks so much for the insight, Bloodworth. Agree completely on the redundancy of the demos. Maybe in the future hands on impressions could be done in sync with footage from some of those publisher demos, if only for a slightly more visual, polished look. Might be more involving (might also be too much work for not much difference).

Damiani was queuing up footage for what was being talked about and Blood was pointing things out in them occasionally.

cm osi

- Huber needs to tone down the fanboyism a bit, which I never thought I'd say. The discussion of Shadow of War back to back with Assassins Creed Origins meant I will never trust anything he has to say on either properties going forward. He was also getting real weird about Spider-Man compared to Batman Arkham. I love the guy usually, but this E3 he seemed a bit too dialled into repeating himself. He'd also better keep that Weekly Hunts promise to Ben.

huber can get a little too hyped sometimes but you can see in his reviews that when it's time to be serious he has no problem to do it.

N° 2048

I wonder how many other folks rarely post in this thread due to general satisfaction with how the Allies are handling everything.

I'm one of those.
I find it funny that a couple posters here basically make it their life priority to complain and complain.
Ignore feature is here for a reason though!

jett

D-Member
Not sure what this is about, his opinions on Shadow of War seemed mostly negative and he wasn't overly positive on AC either, not sure how either is an example of his "fanboyism." Unless you're just mad he talked about games in series he enjoys, regardless of whether he was positive or negative on them, and I think that would be a very unreasonable complaint.

Yeah I don't get that complaint about Huber. If anything he has been extra critical during E3 week.

ShadyK54

Live Podcast was a blast, no idea why people are against it. Impressions will come during E3 week anyway, no big deal if you can't watch/listen them in the same day/a couple of hours early.

No damnit, I want certain impressions, and I want them now!

Loved the live podcast. So loose and jolly, bless Kyle for his patience.

UrbanRats

The only complaint I have, for this year's EZA E3 coverage is: almost no Jones.
Not to play favorites, but his presence was terribly missed in my opinion.

ArjanN

Eh, I think Huber is clearly overhyped pretty often and too willing to overlook problems with games, but the SoW, AC, Spiderman discussion seems like a bad example for that.

Shadow of War looks like they threw even more stuff at an already overstuffed game.
AC looks alright, but basically still just AC with a different setting.

And at a glance Spiderman does seem like it might have the same issue as the Batman games in that a lot of the slowdown looks cool at first, but is actually kind of a crutch that trivializes combat after a while.

I actually liked that he was a bit more down to earth this E3.

Charamiwa

Banned
Not gonna lie I was hoping for more of a boost on Patreon during E3. When you get 7k viewers on average on Twitch with peaks at 11k you'd think it would translate to a decent amount of new patrons, but it barely moved.

LycanXIII

Not gonna lie I was hoping for more of a boost on Patreon during E3. When you get 7k viewers on average on Twitch with peaks at 11k you'd think it would translate to a decent amount of new patrons, but it barely moved.

Could have used some more Patreon promotions, maybe reading off new sponsors like they did the anniversary stream in between conferences?

Hasney

Eh. I wouldn't throw money at a group based on one event. Just hope more people tune in for the long term then decide to throw money in.

79 people and $226 since Friday is nothing to sniff at.

Did he just say it on stream? Only seeing Ben, Brandon and Blood right now on panel. (Thanks for the heads-up since I never catch up to the stream schedule).
It came up during the latest Tetris stream. He lost steam in route B. No I'll will with the game just no big drive to go further. But Brad will beat the game and we will be good

Huber's enthusiasm is a problem? I guess to each their own, but that was by far the biggest reason I was drawn to the Allies.

It's so refreshing to see...unlike the jadedness you see with some of the other major (or "Giant" *cough*) gaming sources.

ShadyK54

rip automata spoiler mode, kyle dropped it

JcSjlQr.gif

Charamiwa

Banned
Jones drops kind of a big spoiler during the Life is Strange impression, so keep that in mind if you intend to watch the whole thing later.

Huber isn't even positive most of the time. He's excitedly optimistic, but he's also exceptionally critical when he chooses to be or on a game or project that he is passionate about.

I've always found him very even handed, personally.

That was great.

Also, I think Damiani's barely stopped playing FFXIV since the last regular night of coverage lol looking at all this twitch footage.

Mezoly

I wonder how many other folks rarely post in this thread due to general satisfaction with how the Allies are handling everything.

I have posted once or twice on this thread. I like their content so much and never found something to my disliking that urged me to comment here.

I have posted once or twice on this thread. I like their content so much and never found something to my disliking that urged me to comment here.
But this is a community thread, not a complaint line. I discuss things I dont like but most of the time I just want to comment on the latest content from EZA. Which generally I really enjoy. It'd be cool to get more of those lurkers to chime in for discussions.

Mezoly

But this is a community thread, not a complaint line. I discuss things I dont like but most of the time I just want to comment on the latest content from EZA. Which generally I really enjoy. It'd be cool to get more of those lurkers to chime in for discussions.

You are right that this is not complaining only thread, but you got to realize that people will have the urge to post when they are upset more than they are happy. I will try to post more when I'm enjoying stuff :)

You are right that this is not complaining only thread, but you got to realize that people will have the urge to post when they are upset more than they are happy. I will try to post more when I'm enjoying stuff :)

Oh i get it. But its why i wanted to encourage people to post just for discussing things happening even when its good stuff too.

Mista Koo

Finished listening to the podcast. Haven't really watched any of their impressions' streams, that's like 10 hours :s
After this episode I'll forever be disappointed by the 4-people podcast panel. I think I would like the podcast a lot more with 6 people on it. Not everyone will be able to chime in on everything, but at the same time Kyle won't have to fish for opinions from everyone even if they didn't have strong ones.

The reality show thing sounds like the weirdest EZA thing, and they do betting specials and plamo streams. Looking forward to it.

I'm a bit bummed Jones wasn't on the Giant Bomb streams
Same. I've been looking forward to it the whole week :<

Oof. What a kewl name. It really rawks

I guess it's from the same company that thinks Xrd is a thing
Xrd is way cooler than XXX.

Why is this "jaded" beef still a thing?

http://i.imgur.com/3PNAoKs.gif
Because fans can get overprotective. Also some of them pretend there's a rivalry going on for some reason.

Well this is interesting. Shu tweeting a link to EZAs Knack 2 talk

https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp/status/876234806048182273

Clearly, we need more Knack 2 talk. Give it 5 stars. Ride that train to the top.

I think for many, myself included, it's easier to vent frustrations or talk about what you disliked. I try my best with EZA to make a mental note of the stuff I've listened to throughout the day that I've enjoyed and just either Tweet about it or post here so that I can get my appreciation across.

It's incredibly tough of course because listening to the Allies on a commute means I generally forget all the great stuff I would've liked to say by the time I get near a computer.

Like... I wanted to do a huge write-up on how much I enjoyed the E3 impressions but just never got around to it.

Karu

Really appreciate Jones, Blood and Ben going the extra mile and delivering further impressions!
Can't watch the group stream live because I will have a cute 24-hour flight/trip in front of me *sigh*, but already looking forward to bookending E3 on another high note + Betting Conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom