• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Bless you.

ZS64KrX.gifv

Edit: Wait, how do you embed this? Isn't it a GIF?

Karu

Funny thing, I absolutely agree with Kyle on TrailerJones on all fronts. Good thing I can ignore the endless score-bickering afterwards.

Easy Livin' sounds like a dream, suuuuuuper curious how it will turn out!

Leaks "ruined" part of the conferences, but overall a very entertaining E3, especially the last three days - the off-the-wall EZA podcast, Nuddles and broth, Metroid Prime-inside story, Yakuza Storytime, general impressions... can't really say that I leave disappointed! =)

And then we got the annual carpet report, I have Syndrome queued up right now and Saturday the next round of impressions will arrive... coolcoolcool!

Mikey Jr.

Couple things about Huber Syndrome.

1. Lucy James is gorgeous.

2. Bosman asked Huber if he was able to get video of some awkward situation. Huber said yes and no. Anyone know what he was talking about?

Cindro

Hmm, the EZA podcast didn't pop up on my pocketcast feed today like it normally does on Fridays. I assumed they were going to be putting up the live version of the podcast they did during the twitch stream earlier in the week... did their ability to edit and post it get delayed or something due to E3?

Hasney

Hmm, the EZA podcast didn't pop up on my pocketcast feed today like it normally does on Fridays. I assumed they were going to be putting up the live version of the podcast they did during the twitch stream earlier in the week... did their ability to edit and post it get delayed or something due to E3?

They were planning to. Probably hasn't been enough time.

abrack08

Love the E3 Huber episodes, pure hype and good vibes. And seeing Easy Update first made that B-Roll feel even more special!

The Patreon post says due to E3 scheduling/craziness, they only had it ready on YouTube "at this time," wasn't any time table for when (if?) the audio version would be ready.

Ahh man. Such a great Huber Syndrome. Over the course of the episode you can hear his voice start to go.

Glad the tradition of having the Huber / Lucy segment continued on as well. I'm also happy most of the new timers were still having a good time.

Yakuza booth = best booth

J-Skee

Did Trailer Jones ever happen? I'm catching up on E3 Impressions, but they didn't upload it on YouTube? Is it just archived on Twitch for now?

EDIT: Frame Trap too.

Hasney

Did Trailer Jones ever happen? I'm catching up on E3 Impressions, but they didn't upload it on YouTube? Is it just archived on Twitch for now?

EDIT: Frame Trap too.

They happened, need editing and may be a while. There's more impressions happening today even.

Maiar_m

Easy Allies continue to be the main reason why E3 is a special week for me. Really really enjoyed the content this year again, and glad they could give so much feedback despite the crazy crowds.

Cindro

They were planning to. Probably hasn't been enough time.

The Patreon post says due to E3 scheduling/craziness, they only had it ready on YouTube "at this time," wasn't any time table for when (if?) the audio version would be ready.

Awesome! I have no problem waiting for it, I know the Allies have had a mad busy week.

I still have so much of their E3 coverage to catch up on X_X

I'm trying to catch up on the week's content. If I don't want to miss anything, are the YT uploads fully inclusive or do I need to go to the Twitch Vods?

I'm trying to catch up on the week's content. If I don't want to miss anything, are the YT uploads fully inclusive or do I need to go to the Twitch Vods?
I think the only things missing from the YouTube updates is the stream warmups (which I'd guess will just stay on twitch), friend code, trailer jones, frame trap and easy update that are getting their uploads done later.

Easiest consumption if you want to watch everything would be the twitch Vods (if they don't have things muted) as you have to jump around less

I think the only things missing from the YouTube updates is the stream warmups (which I'd guess will just stay on twitch), friend code, trailer jones, frame trap and easy update that are getting their uploads done later.

Easiest consumption if you want to watch everything would be the twitch Vods (if they don't have things muted) as you have to jump around less

Got it, thanks!

Kneefoil

The YouTube uploads might also be missing some stuff in between the podcasts and the impressions. Neither the EZA Podcast or Day 1 Impressions include the botched podcast outro ("I am loving these microtransactions") which was pretty funny. Hopefully Blood highlights full Day 1 and 2 streams, so nothing small like that gets lost to time when Twitch eventually deletes those past broadcasts. So far Day 3 is the only one that's been fully highlighted on Twitch.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A good coverage of E3 in some ways, a lacking one in others.

- Drop the EZA Podcast and Friend Code live recordings next year. They took up hours of time and meant people couldn't get to their impressions in any sort of timeliness whatsoever. Frame Trap Noodles & Broth is the polar opposite in that Ben has crafted it to get impressions of games you wouldn't normally, and so is always a highlight. The other two are timesinks covering stuff you could just watch the press conference coverage OR, produce a Best Of like the clipped out stuff.

- Huber needs to tone down the fanboyism a bit, which I never thought I'd say. The discussion of Shadow of War back to back with Assassins Creed Origins meant I will never trust anything he has to say on either properties going forward. He was also getting real weird about Spider-Man compared to Batman Arkham. I love the guy usually, but this E3 he seemed a bit too dialled into repeating himself. He'd also better keep that Weekly Hunts promise to Ben.

- Technical Difficulties. It feels like we're almost there, but it's still a bit of a shitshow. That short period of time when Ian was on the computer, it was a reminder of how smoothly he produced the GT shows and the fact he got the Easy Update out on the day is insane. His opinions drive me crazy, but I wish EZA could afford him or Don full-time.

- Is there truly no way they can get into capping more footage and stuff from the floor? I find it hard to believe GameXplain have exclusive deals or whatever, but maybe they do. Is this a lack of laptops and capture units? Failing that, downloading the conferences and clipping out segments and stuff would be a good job for someone to do for an hour so we don't get Trailer Jones reviewing 'not the E3 trailers'. Definitely hope more doors open over the years so we get more stuff like the Ben and Igarashi interview.

- Kyle cannot rationally defend that 6.8.

Year One's E3 felt fresh due to the seat of pants nature, but this year it felt like you could really sense the limitations of not having an office/studio. Glad Jones has a better idea of what he must and mustn't attend next time around.

dickroach

- Is there truly no way they can get into capping more footage and stuff from the floor? I find it hard to believe GameXplain have exclusive deals or whatever, but maybe they do.

I mean, that's just not what EZA does....
GameXplain's a channel that show's game footage and then breaks it down. they didn't make exclusive deals, they had a camera and an MO.
there's gotta be 1000s of videos of game footage from the show floor all around youtube on various channels.

Visceir

He was also getting real weird about Spider-Man compared to Batman Arkham. I love the guy usually, but this E3 he seemed a bit too dialled into repeating himself. He'd also better keep that Weekly Hunts promise to Ben.

- Kyle cannot rationally defend that 6.8.

Year One's E3 felt fresh due to the seat of pants nature, but this year it felt like you could really sense the limitations of not having an office/studio. Glad Jones has a better idea of what he must and mustn't attend next time around.

If only there was a way to combine beach house and E3 coverage into one!

I think their trailer scores felt inflated in general and I would agree with most of Kyle's criticisms -- the golden armor dude followed by uncharted climbing was a real low point and the scale at the end could have been done better to deliver the desired punch. Rest of it was "ok" that will be forgotten by next year.

"Batman combat" is also a valid criticism to bring up. Jones talking about it during Frame Trap also had the opposite of desired effect on me. Him saying how the devs said they'd want to bring their "best hand" to E3 and how they seemed to think a QTE fest would be that.....or the slow-mo stuff during gameplay....all those would be a huge turn-off for me too. All of it makes me think the devs are a couple years behind the curve on where game design is heading.

Not that I would disagree with Huber getting out of hand at times, but playing up their own quirks for entertainment is fine in my book.

Yeah, interviews and direct feed are just not priorities for us anymore. I could easily book more of them. We had 50 appointments with every publisher we wanted and probably just as many invitations for games that either no one wanted or had time for.

E3 interviews can be particularly bad as devs are exhausted and get into a rut of saying the same thing all day long. The audience tends not to watch them either, so we've cut back on interviews unless we think they're particularly worthwhile.

For direct feed, it's often a bit redundant now as publishers pretty much all have full demos shown off before we even get to the show floor at times. We did get a few things like the Ni no Kuni II footage that was shown and some Destiny 2 PC footage we still need to get out there. A simple miscommunication prevented me from getting my Forza 7 session captured.

The other factor is that both direct feed and interviews take time to set up, which eats into valuable appointment time. So many E3's in years past I've stood by frustrated as a cameraman or tech tries to troubleshoot some problem as time whittles away. So in general, I've sided with getting to more appointments and more hands on / eyes on gameplay impressions.

abrack08

- Huber needs to tone down the fanboyism a bit, which I never thought I'd say. The discussion of Shadow of War back to back with Assassins Creed Origins meant I will never trust anything he has to say on either properties going forward.

Not sure what this is about, his opinions on Shadow of War seemed mostly negative and he wasn't overly positive on AC either, not sure how either is an example of his "fanboyism." Unless you're just mad he talked about games in series he enjoys, regardless of whether he was positive or negative on them, and I think that would be a very unreasonable complaint.

WarRock

Live Podcast was a blast, no idea why people are against it. Impressions will come during E3 week anyway, no big deal if you can't watch/listen them in the same day/a couple of hours early.

ByteSizeRick

Neo Member
Yeah, interviews and direct feed are just not priorities for us anymore. I could easily book more of them. We had 50 appointments with every publisher we wanted and probably just as many invitations for games that either no one wanted or had time for.

E3 interviews can be particularly bad as devs are exhausted and get into a rut of saying the same thing all day long. The audience tends not to watch them either, so we've cut back on interviews unless we think they're particularly worthwhile.

For direct feed, it's often a bit redundant now as publishers pretty much all have full demos shown off before we even get to the show floor at times. We did get a few things like the Ni no Kuni II footage that was shown and some Destiny 2 PC footage we still need to get out there. A simple miscommunication prevented me from getting my Forza 7 session captured.

The other factor is that both direct feed and interviews take time to set up, which eats into valuable appointment time. So many E3's in years past I've stood by frustrated as a cameraman or tech tries to troubleshoot some problem as time whittles away. So in general, I've sided with getting to more appointments and more hands on / eyes on gameplay impressions.

Thanks so much for the insight, Bloodworth. Agree completely on the redundancy of the demos. Maybe in the future hands on impressions could be done in sync with footage from some of those publisher demos, if only for a slightly more visual, polished look. Might be more involving (might also be too much work for not much difference).

mcw

I wonder how many other folks rarely post in this thread due to general satisfaction with how the Allies are handling everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom