• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating of Raw Meat

some people love raw meat on the regular

are they crazy?

or is there something to it?

normal people also eat raw meat to some extent (steak tartare, sushi, blue rare cooked steak, caviar)

i have never eaten a raw steak

but i've seen people eat it no problem and they make it seem like it actually tastes good

this is what i'm curious about

a cooked steak, salted and seasoned is one of the tastiest experiences worldwide

it is salty and umami and uniquely fatty, it just has that meaty cooked texture that's universally loved

but what about the raw version?

i imagine it tastes like a much blander cooked steak but with an overall slimy sticky texture

to what extent do you eat raw meat?

don't post pussy jokes

Last edited:

INC

We have wisdom teeth for raw meat, hence why they're useless now, steak tartare is common

Not for me personally, I will eat a blue steak tho

If you have a robust immune system you can reasonably safely eat certain good quality raw meats. You bet your ass I won't be eating raw chicken, pork, or ground beef.

Essentially don't be a fucking idiot.

67b.jpg

Davey Cakes

I bet that Thunder Force movie is going to get a lot of idiots to eat raw chicken breasts right out of the package.

The raw meat you put in Pho is the best part of the dish (well, with the broth of course). Sure it's slightly boiled, but it also has that chewy texture of a very rare steak.

KYW7eDm.jpg
i have had this before with the raw beef slices

but it doesn't taste raw even with the deep pink color, there is a firm yet delicate meaty texture to it like capocollo

Meicyn

Gold Member
You know how when you wipe your ass with toilet paper after taking a shit, that no matter how much you wipe, deep down you know there’s residual shit still there? That you need to take a shower with soap to get the stink away?

That’s the stuff on the outside layer of that steak. Slaughterhouses are gross. She is gross.

Cook your steaks.

I've eaten raw beef with some seasonings on it. It was okay. I did not get sick. I'm tempted to look into other preparations, but so far my experience is that it's just so so.

The raw meat you put in Pho is the best part of the dish (well, with the broth of course). Sure it's slightly boiled, but it also has that chewy texture of a very rare steak.

KYW7eDm.jpg

A very rare steak is basically raw. Cooking blue rare up to rare just cooks the surface and increasingly deeper into the steak.

You want the surface of a piece of meat cooked because that is what is contaminated. Ground beef should always be cooked thoroughly because any surface contamination was ground and mixed into it.

Last edited:

BigBooper

No never. I've eaten cured meat, that I guess is kinda raw, but never will eat actual raw meat.

Sushi, tartar, caviar, placenta, sashimi, eggs, no thanks.

Go_Ly_Dow

The thing I miss the most about living in Japan are the sashimi sets and bowls.

I don't believe the fish at the supermarkets in the UK is fresh enough to eat raw. ;(

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Sushi is awesome.

I had steak tar tar once, however that is spelled, with egg yolk to bind it. It wasn't good. I didn't understand why people eat it. It's like you have some great beef here, and there's a pan, just toss it around on that hot pan for a minute and it will taste a hundred times better and be safer.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Imagine how pissed her boyfriend must get when she refuses to swallow..

" C'mon, babe, you'll eat raw meat but not this? "

jdforge

Banned
can you describe what makes carpaccio taste good
It doesn’t. I had this once in some big castle in Italy with shavings of white truffles. It cost a fortune and honestly it nearly made me sick.

At the same meal they served shredded horse meat, and while poking through that I found a huge rubbery vein, that you could stick your finger inside. Again, almost threw up.

GeorgPrime

Banned

some people love raw meat on the regular

are they crazy?

or is there something to it?

normal people also eat raw meat to some extent (steak tartare, sushi, blue rare cooked steak, caviar)

i have never eaten a raw steak

but i've seen people eat it no problem and they make it seem like it actually tastes good

this is what i'm curious about

a cooked steak, salted and seasoned is one of the tastiest experiences worldwide

it is salty and umami and uniquely fatty, it just has that meaty cooked texture that's universally loved

but what about the raw version?

i imagine it tastes like a much blander cooked steak but with an overall slimy sticky texture

to what extent do you eat raw meat?

don't post pussy jokes

People getting dumber every day and thats called "Normal" nowadays.

Impotaku

Better be sure that you are getting fucking A grade specially treated meat to risk doing that otherwise enjoy your parasites.

Toots

Gold Member
You can eat raw, but if you eat raw without any type of seasoning you’re a dog.
I guess that makes Wendy Marshall a bitch. And a stupid one based on what she thinks about other cultures…

Nikodemos

Some people like to be super extreme. Look up Mett, a.k.a. "German Sushi". Chopped spiced raw pork, served on toast with diced onions.

JSoup

Banned
I like the odd raw meat dish. I like being able to actually taste my food and the feel and taste of the raw meat is unmatched.
I tried a raw diet once with mixed results. I felt great, always had energy and was pretty chipper. The problem is 1. Raw foods, particularly meat, gets digested fast. So you get energy quickly, but it also burns out quickly. So you're doing like your caveman ancestors did and eating nearly full meals several times a day. And 2. Because of the previously mentioned need to eat like that, the costs pile up really damn fast.

If you like rice and curry dishes, try adding some lean, cleaned raw beef to it after prep. It adds a unique flavor that goes will with the curry.

Top Bottom