• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Magazine Review Scores: Issue #401 — Flintlock, Kunitsu-Gami, Trails Through Daybreak, Zenless Zone Zero, SteamWorld Heist II and more scored

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Ww5irTJ.png

REVIEWS:
  • Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn - 7
  • Kunitsu-Gami: Path Of The Goddess - 7
  • SteamWorld Heist II - 7
  • Nobody Wants To Die - 6
  • Dungeons Of Hinterberg - 6
  • The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak - 7
  • Zenless Zone Zero - 5
  • Flock - 7
  • Arco - 9
  • Anger Foot - 8
  • Été - 6
Source - Messofanego on Era.

clarky

Gold Member
Amazing how this publication used to be my bible, now i don't relate to or agree with anything they put out.

At this point they are the journalistic version of a very bad cover band.

At least i still have 1-100 on the shelf to remind me of better days lol.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
7 for Steamworld Heist 2? If it's more of the same from the first game, it should be a solid 9 IMO.
I usually ignore the scores and just look at the games I haven't heard of. I've played Flock, and it's ... okay? Definitely not on par with Flintlock and better than Dungeons of Hinterberg lol. But oh well. They can rate it however they want. I still learn about new games from their lists at least.

Regginator

Undeserved. Yes, the game mechanics can be annoying. It's not very long, but as far as gameplay goes, it still kinda overstays its welcome. But the atmosphere is great, the environmental designs are fantastic, soundtrack fits the game wonderfully. And it's a mid-priced title. Personally, 8 or 7 would be more fair.

I've never heard of this game before, but the way you're describing it, a 6 sounds spot-on. Annoying game mechanics, too short, AND on top of that gameplay that overstays its welcome? Cool that it has great atmosphere and whatever, but games should fundamentally play well before anything else, and apparently (going by what you said) it doesn't.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is this edge reviews or ign? 7pocalypse.

Flintlock a 7? Makes me wanna try it on game pass if it’s not that bad…

nowhat

I've never heard of this game before, but the way you're describing it, a 6 sounds spot-on. Annoying game mechanics, too short, AND on top of that gameplay that overstays its welcome? Cool that it has great atmosphere and whatever, but games should fundamentally play well before anything else, and apparently (going by what you said) it doesn't.
It's also 25€ (or 22€ with PS+), things have to be put in context. But if walking sims with moderate amount of interactivity isn't your thing, this probably isn't for you.

Top Bottom