• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

You can party with Marshmello and Skrillex on NYE for only $500,000

There are no words for anyone who pays $500,000 to see Marshmello.

I'm sure Marshmello is an okay guy but I'm honestly pretty disappointed Skrillex has supported him this much. For a guy who is so original in his own right he's not exactly promoting an agenda of originality for upcoming producers. Throw a trash can on your head that is a blatant rip off of other known artists, make some trendy Trap, and you could get signed to OWSLA and headline NYE in Miami with Skrillex too!

You can party with Marshmello and Skrillex on NYE for only $500,000

There are no words for anyone who pays $500,000 to see Marshmello.

I'm sure Marshmello is an okay guy but I'm honestly pretty disappointed Skrillex has supported him this much. For a guy who is so original in his own right he's not exactly promoting an agenda of originality for upcoming producers. Throw a trash can on your head that is a blatant rip off of other known artists, make some trendy Trap, and you could get signed to OWSLA and headline NYE in Miami with Skrillex too!

Ok. I need to download some music making software. Be back when I make thousands of money, Aomber :p

Aomber

*video duly noted*

Now I just need a gimmick. Maybe I can wear traditional Hmong clothing while "djing" lmao.

A good name and attitude go a long way too :D

RwHmSUo.png

LOL. No really though, I actually encourage anyone who has a remote interest in production to give it a shot. It's fun and it's really easy to pick up, there's dudes who have little to no musical background who do it professionally. I take little issue with that too because some of them make damn good music, the mau5 being one of them.

Surprisingly, my professor during college did teach us a little bit of music production. I forgot which program it was but I did make something, like background music to a forest. In my class we also had the biggest mau5 fan but was also the biggest asshole in the class.

I enjoyed it, I think so lol.

Ashhong

Absolutely.

Seeing prydz in a small venue on New Year's Day. I hope it's 5.0. It I highly doubt it. Can't wait for new radio episodes!!

Ashhong

New xx is fantastic, really different sound for them, love the male/female duo vocals

The xx - On Hold (Official Audio)

also

The Weeknd & Daft Punk - Starboy (Kygo Remix)

Wow, this is terrible. This straight up sounds like something a 12 year old kid using FL studio made when releasing their first track. I mean I'm no huge kygo fan or anything but I at least know he's a pretty good producer. This however is some straight amateur shite

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It's not great, definitely not his usual style, but it's not terrible imo. Very different vibes

Aomber

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It's not great, definitely not his usual style, but it's not terrible imo. Very different vibes

I guess because I'm a producer I'm more over sensitive to the exaggeration of effects used. The structure of a more "professional" producer is there but things like the intense sidechain and choice of cheesy FX are usually telltale signs of an amateur production, to me anyway

Ashhong

I guess because I'm a producer I'm more over sensitive to the exaggeration of effects used. The structure of a more "professional" producer is there but things like the intense sidechain and choice of cheesy FX are usually telltale signs of an amateur production, to me anyway

Oh, I don't know anything about that stuff lol, just what i hear. I used to help a friend produce, but I was more of the melody guy and never learned the technical stuff

Has anybody heard the new Far East Movement album? They have turned into full blown EDM producers it seems like, and I love it. About half of the songs are now on repeat. A few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pdup1ydpUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIJxoINt7qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8gE8c4wJM

Aomber

Oh, I don't know anything about that stuff lol, just what i hear. I used to help a friend produce, but I was more of the melody guy and never learned the technical stuff

Has anybody heard the new Far East Movement album? They have turned into full blown EDM producers it seems like, and I love it. About half of the songs are now on repeat. A few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pdup1ydpUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIJxoINt7qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8gE8c4wJM
Yeah it's all good, most people won't notice/care about details in tracks and that's totally fine. It's a blessing and a curse knowing TOO much about a craft sometimes hahaha I definitely can be a picky asshole a lot of the time

I'll have to check out that out when I have a minute, I know they were moving in that direction but didn't know they had a full album out.

Yeah, FEM is definitely turning into an Electronic/EDM group. I haven't listened to it fully but I'll get around to it.

Man that Kygo remix is going to get alot of plays and more exposure than Vicetone's remix. That makes me salty >:|

Ashhong

My boy Jeff!

Literally? Been following Seven Lions for years now it seems like. Finally saw his show and had a blast. Love pretty much every song he's put out ever. No matter what genre the song is (house, dub, trance), he always throws in the perfect amount of melody to make me love the song.

DMczaf

Literally? Been following Seven Lions for years now it seems like. Finally saw his show and had a blast. Love pretty much every song he's put out ever. No matter what genre the song is (house, dub, trance), he always throws in the perfect amount of melody to make me love the song.

Been a fan since seeing him live last year day after Christmas. You're right about the perfect amount of melody.

Seen him live 3 times now and he's never disappointed me.

Jeff!

To my Chainsmoker's people lurking here:

All We Know ft. Phoebe Ryan Official Music Video

I know I know ;_; We will not be getting our older sound back. If you enjoyed it then more power to you.

Boring. I'm waiting for more Roses and DLMD stuff tbh. I just don't care enough about their current sound.

Haven't been listening to anything new recently. That deadmau5 track was cool though.

Aomber

Christmas is coming early tomorrow because the new Justice album is coming out. Won't be able to say anything about it for a couple days but damn I'm excited

Also this fan video for that chemical bros track is great

Chemical Sesame Street

Aomber

OHOHOHOHOHO MAN OH MAN OH MAN I'm six tracks into this album and it is FUCKING perfection, stop everything you're doing and listen to Woman by Justice

New daft punk song with the Weeknd is pretty good called "I feel it coming", not daft punks best work or anything but it's a cool song, I dig it!

Also new deadmau5 "let go" with grabbitz is great stuff, really get that 80s sci-fi feeling because of his new prophet 10 he's been talking about

Wow great day for music. Sorry for the rushed little bits, really busy day

What the hell at that Ultra lineup. I don't mind it but Ice Cube? Seems odd

My theory is:

It's now or never to join in on the Electronic Music scene.

But that's crazy talk. Maybe he feels like he can persuade some of his fanbase (what's left of it) that maybe, just maybe, Electronic music is good? That's also another crazy theory :p

I hope that he has a night slot otherwise the crowd will not be so alive and "enjoy" his music.

Aomber

Porter Robinson and Madeon was absolutely beautiful, amazing show. I don't wanna say too much for those who haven't seen it yet.

Getting cock blocked to hell and back wasn't the most fun aspect of my night but here I am

cdyhybrid

Porter Robinson and Madeon was absolutely beautiful, amazing show. I don't wanna say too much for those who haven't seen it yet.

Getting cock blocked to hell and back wasn't the most fun aspect of my night but here I am

December 10th! Been hearing great things.

From his recent vlogs, I guess Headhunterz is going through a crisis. Bigroom isn't working, Future Bass isn't working, but Hardstyle worked. Will he be back? Will he adopt a new persona for Hardstyle? Who knows. I guess he is going back to Hardstyle and under a new name.

cdyhybrid

From his recent vlogs, I guess Headhunterz is going through a crisis. Bigroom isn't working, Future Bass isn't working, but Hardstyle worked. Will he be back? Will he adopt a new persona for Hardstyle? Who knows. I guess he is going back to Hardstyle and under a new name.
Who could have guessed that trying to piggyback on short-lived trends could have gone poorly?

DMczaf

So jealous and angry that they didn't schedule a vegas stop

Who could have guessed that trying to piggyback on short-lived trends could have gone poorly?

Lol that's what he gets for trying to abandon his roots, I guess. Says he wants to go back to his "blank page" or whatever that means *shrugs* People at Qlimax are going to love him though. A legend in Hardstyle music coming back to Qlimax is what they all wanted.

-

I'm going back and relistening to some albums released this year. First stop is Steve Angello's Wild Youth because I didn't really give it a good listen the first time. I've got Flume, Zhu, Elephante, Martin Garrix, Coone, Brennan Heart, Tritonal, etc. New albums from people I didn't follow earlier should include Bass Modulator and Noisecontroller's collab album, Aerochord, Streex, Gareth Emery, and probably a shitload more that I can't be bothered to find right now.

I've given up on stanning for Monstercat and will not be listening to any of their latest album mixes. The memberberries are kicking my ass and I would rather keep eating them and not listen and give their new album mixes a chance. A few releases here and there, sure, but an album? Nope.

Ashhong

I have to go see them next weekend instead of seeing Gouryella play. I'm very sad. I hope it's a good time at least.

Aomber

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNE-X5NjFJQ/

We are hugely thankful to be able to confirm the news that we have won our licence back. We owe everything to our supporters. We really would not be here today without your unparalleled support and generosity. So many different people stepped up to put their voices to our cause, artists from all corners of the music community, fellow promoters who have put on huge events from us and clubbers from around the world who all united behind us. We’ve even seen people sporting their #savefabric T Shirts on the other side of this planet showing just how big this thing is.

So, thank you to all of you. Without the strength of your backing this would not have happened.

You saved fabric

Also can we please, please, please, please, PLEASE not EDMify radiohead

Creep (Radiohead Cover by KSHMR)

Top Bottom