• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Dany

Banned
RA 0h 42m 44s Dec 41 16 9
TRANSMISSION TERMINATED REMOTELY
...LISTENING...
SIGNAL DETECTED...CONNECTING
CONTACT CONFIRMED
PRINT TRANSMISSION
"ALIVE"
TRANSMISSION TERMINATED REMOTELY
...LISTENING...
...LISTENING...
NO SIGNAL DETECTED. RETRY IN 10s...
RETRY IN 9s...
RETRY IN 8s...
RETRY IN 7s...
RETRY IN 6s...
RETRY IN 5s...
RETRY IN 4s...
RETRY IN 3s...
RETRY IN 2s...
RETRY IN 1s...
NO SIGNAL DETECTED.
START SLEEP ROUTINE
WAKE DATE 2016-10-27
//SHEP LOGGED OUT
-->

pls b real

mr stroke

http://alive2017.com/

Modified the HTML so you can see the countdown timer

5TrHiUT.png

Fuck me running

Aomber

Kaskade x Deadmau5 feat. Skylar Grey "Beneath With Me" Video

skylar grey vocals too good!

any good remixes of this yet?

Hm, interesting. Really nice usual harmonies and I love the approach that feels like a split in sound design influence from both kaskade and mau5, it's an interesting combination of prog house and techno.

That being said I don't agree with the structure of the song. There's these really long, epic build ups, then boom a techno-like drop which only lasts 15 seconds – it's hard to get away with something short and sweet like that with the style they went for. In my opinion this really needed longer hooks, and/or an additional one in the middle of the song, with modified build ups to accommodate for that. I almost feel like towards the end of the track where you have those mau5y analog arpeggios that could have had a kick behind it and added to the main drop with a transition into the darker drop presented here.

Honestly, this feels like one of those songs that was originally written as an extended mix (which I'd expect to see) and was shoehorned into a radio edit. Happens in dance music. Song is still great don't get me wrong. I guess I'm saying this because, compare it to something like Saved which has similar elements but structurally feels more like what Beneath With Me should have been.

Aomber

Deorro is back with Going Up ft. DyCy! Seems and sounds like Deorro is trying to capture that feeling from 5 Hours/5 More Hours.

Draper's got a new track today titled, Want You More ft. Sam Sure. This guy has a pretty diverse set of genre's and is one of Monstercat's best artist imo.

Deorro track is alright, not really a fan of that sort of "static vocal sample" style in the main hook - I prefer something with a little more movement and it's kinda overused now. Also there's some weird panning going on with the vocals in the left channel.

Draper track is cool

New Audiofreq Grid Up! Got that videogame feel to it and it's different compared to what's out there for Hardstyle right now.

Never heard of this guy from The Barong Family, Stoltenhoff. Released a EP and Belly Dancer is a cool track. The title is easy to predict how it would sound - has that South Asian vibes.

While browsing Youtube I had completely forgotten about Calvin Harris' My Way lol. The lyrics are so bad ��

Aomber

While browsing Youtube I had completely forgotten about Calvin Harris' My Way lol. The lyrics are so bad ��
You are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way

You are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way you are the one thing in my way

😂 😂

I swear though that shit is going to be in my head non-stop once I'm drunk enough!

Aomber

‘You have to be free when you write a song’: Galantis on why songwriting still matters [Interview]

CK: It was DJs, track guys, producers who are super talented but very few songwriters. It was “songwriting” that was trying to figure out how to write a song on top of a track and they were trying to stumble upon all these things and like, force this vocal in between a thing that wanted to be without a vocal. Sometimes it works, most of the time it didn’t work or it just sounded like a remix to me. It might be an amazing remix, but it still sounded like a remix. And to me, that’s not how you write a song. to write a song you have to be open to change every part while you’re writing. Okay, i want to go here. You may have to change a chord or you have to remove a part. You have to be free when you write a song to be able to let it go where it wants to go.

This is so true. There's a lot of EDM that has such a disconnect with the vocals - originals and remixes alike. Not a lot of producers blend the two successfully.

Great example of a remix that sounds like an original

Lorde - Tennis Court (Flume Remix)

Trapathony Fantano is too good lol. TRAP IS THE BEST GENRE!

New tracks from mainstream media:

Tobu - Damn. Sounds like Tobu. Really liked the collab between Hellberg last year. Both of their styles sound too similar though. Melodic Electro House, Big Room, "Prog" House, whatever people call it these days lol.

Bass Modulators - Let It Move Ya (Extended Mix). Same genre as above but combined with Hardstyle. Eh. Just an eh.

Here is a track that almost everybody on Monstercat and Reddit are jerking themselves over with, Seven Lions & Illenium & Said The Sky - Rush Over Me ft. Haliene. Seven Lions is good, don't care about Flumenium, don't know who are Said The Sky. Haliene produces good vocals as usual. Melodic Dubstep, Chillstep? Chill Dubstep?

Jauz & San Holo - OK! It's.... An interesting sound. Monstercat labels it as 'Electronic'. Possibly Trap-ish.

Aomber

Seeing that seven lions and illenium collab reminds me I had a thought today that I see to be a reccurring theme.

Honestly? I find that many producer collabs usually aren't as good in practice as they are on paper. For example the Madeon & Porter Robinson track "Shelter" - good song but it didn't stack up to the songs by either of them as individual artists. Same with the Kaskade & deadmau5 track "beneath with me". I think that happens because each producer has a theme to their music, but it doesn't really work as well when it's blended with someone else's theme.

Just some food for thought. Not saying collabs are a bad thing, it's the execution that isn't always as grand as it could be.

Seeing that seven lions and illenium collab reminds me I had a thought today that I see to be a reccurring theme.

Honestly? I find that many producer collabs usually aren't as good in practice as they are on paper. For example the Madeon & Porter Robinson track "Shelter" - good song but it didn't stack up to the songs by either of them as individual artists. Same with the Kaskade & deadmau5 track "beneath with me". I think that happens because each producer has a theme to their music, but it doesn't really work as well when it's blended with someone else's theme.

Just some food for thought. Not saying collabs are a bad thing, it's the execution that isn't always as grand as it could be.

Yea.... I share a similar thought about collabs in the mainstream EDM world. It's cool and all but trying to blend your best style with another's best style doesn't necessarily mean it will come out as good as some people think it will be. For some genre's the collab might be easier and/or sound better.

It seems to work better for producer's that don't necessarily have a repeating theme to their individual tracks and for producer's who just make tracks in their respective genre(s). I'm saying collabs sometimes work better when the collaborator's just mix two genre's and not their themes/styles.

Beneath With Me sort of left me wanting more and I hope we get a VIP mix or an extended mix.

Not necessarily EDM but here is the newest Far East Movement track. Far East Movement x Marshmello - Freal Luv ft. Chaneyeol & Tinashe.

Eh. Trying to collab due to dotcom's popularity night now, I suppose.

Credit to r/edm - Headhunterz thoughts about EDM and Big Room.

Feels that it is shallow (true) and the focus on the drop is too much considering he came from Hardstyle. But unlike Hardstyle, Big Room, he feels, focuses too much on the drop and that's where all the energy and party is.

Aomber

MARSHMELLO IS DOTCOM WITH A TRASHCAN! LMAO

Shit! I just got back from Jersey boys I am too drunk to be posting in this thread but you only live once. So fucking hype for Porter and madeon next month why is it still five weeks away omg

Credit to r/edm - Headhunterz thoughts about EDM and Big Room.

Feels that it is shallow (true) and the focus on the drop is too much considering he came from Hardstyle. But unlike Hardstyle, Big Room, he feels, focuses too much on the drop and that's where all the energy and party is.
Craps on bigroom after cashing in and it becoming less popular. Proceeds to make future bass. https://youtu.be/wugdBLEOnwo

If it's real, what do people expect from Alive 2017?

Alive 2007 is perfection to me. The track selection, the mix, the crowd reaction all come together to make the perfect set. I just can't see the same thing happening again if they go down Random Access Memories route.

Aomber

If it's real, what do people expect from Alive 2017?

Alive 2007 is perfection to me. The track selection, the mix, the crowd reaction all come together to make the perfect set. I just can't see the same thing happening again if they go down Random Access Memories route.
- Most people haven't had the chance to see daft punk live
- I don't think anyone is expecting it to be comparable to 2007. Different isn't a bad thing.

What's some hot and fresh EDM that isn't over-saturated at the moment? The official Spotify playlists are full of samey songs that I got sick of pretty quickly (future bass, house, tropical house, future house, chainsmokers pop house, choppy oh oh hooo)

Calion

Jack U says what up

Here is a slightly less annoying All We Know remix from B3nte! Bounce edition.

Aero Chord put out a new EP - Love & Hate. I listened to a few of the tracks. No opinions yet.

I also got dat new Global Dedication for my Hardstyle folks in here. Coone has the Official Qlimax 2016 Anthem this year. Listened to a snippet on Instagram and can tell it's pretty cool.

Aomber

I've been listening to a lot of One Republic again lately after looking into Ryan Tedder (the lead singer) a bit. Dude's an absolute boss - bomb singer, multi instrumentalist, songwriter and producer. Produces and writes for some of the top acts in the world on the side.

Anyway, relevant because today is flashback friday and I remembered Ryan sang on Lost At Sea with Zedd which is one of Zedd's best songs to date. I fucking love the whole album, I must have listened to it 200+ times in college, not exaggerating.

Zedd - Lost At Sea (Feat. Ryan Tedder)

So... are there any Pete Tong podcasts archived anywhere on the Internet? Like, there are no episodes of his BeatPort show or Evolution show to be found at all. I suppose it's all legal BS that keeps it under lock and key?

mr stroke

So... are there any Pete Tong podcasts archived anywhere on the Internet? Like, there are no episodes of his BeatPort show or Evolution show to be found at all. I suppose it's all legal BS that keeps it under lock and key?

Your best bet is to use the Soundcloud phone app

Aomber

Public statement by Maty Noyes

When you write a song, travel the world to perform for an entire year for free, and then get treated like a complete piece of �� because you get sick and miss one show. Now I'm told that I can't do the Hollywood bowl for all my people in LA. I am being punished to being sick. "put on a pretty dress, lipstick, open your mouth and sing. We don't need your voice in the show, we only deal with the best." - @managermyles is this really how you treat people that you call one big family? I'm sick of dealing with these sexist pigs in the industry. Im standing up for myself. #standup with me. ���� it's sad to think I can't even sing the song that I WROTE & has over 330 million plays. whoever goes to the show tonight know that I'm there in spirit & I should have been the one singing to you guys. It's time to move on from doing favors for @kygomusic and focus on myself. #hollywoodbowl #letmatystay #kygo #STANDUP im a 19 year old woman in this industry you will NOT treat me like this �� @ecclesinephoto #flowerpower #girlpower

Myles Shear Response

“I was fortunate enough to experience a few of the most incredible moments of Kygo’s career this weekend but along the way came negative attention that I want to address. As some of you may be aware, there has been a recent publicized disagreement between myself and Maty Noyes. I would like to personally apologize to Maty for what has come of this situation. The recent issues we had been working out should not have kept you from performing at these shows. The Kygo team and I are deeply appreciative for Maty’s dedicated work ethic while sharing stages and success across the world. I’m truly sorry for what was said and for the situation that unfolded, and hope you will accept my apology.”

This is some Grade A Bullshit. Performs for a year for Kygo, for free, and gets rejected the biggest show of her career because she misses one show due to illness. This isn't even about the hollywood bowl show - I can tell you right now as a musician I am completely against performing for free. I won't rant too much about it but I can assure you it's one of the biggest scamming practices by management in the industry. Hope she moves onto bigger and better things.

Source: http://dancingastronaut.com/2016/10/kygos-manager-sexism-kesha-maty-noyes/

Aomber

EDIT: Oops, I meant to edit this into my last post, sorry about that

Not necessarily EDM but here is the newest Far East Movement track. Far East Movement x Marshmello - Freal Luv ft. Chaneyeol & Tinashe.

Eh. Trying to collab due to dotcom's popularity night now, I suppose.
Got around to listening to this. I mean, it's not as terrible as the rest of Marshmello's music, but I wouldn't listen to it.

This is pretty good, not a fan of a couple tracks but overall it's solid. I didn't know Dusky made "Ingrid Is A Hybrid" been hearing that track a lot on Forza Horizon 3, love that one

Aomber

Martin Garrix is releasing seven songs this week ahead of his debut album, four of which he has already released.

I wish this kid did more with his career. I wish he would take the album as an opportunity to do something new instead of what he usually does. He had that choice with a new label, a fresh start, and he has an ear for music but to nobody's surprise, all these songs are boring. This next album will just be a playlist of festival mainstage jumpers, but hey someone likes what he does so here you go.

Martin Garrix on YouTube (See Most Recent Videos)

mau5 did a song for the maple leafs. Don't know how I feel about this.

Deadmau5 - Toronto Maple Leafs 2016-2017 Anthem

Martin Garrix is releasing seven songs this week ahead of his debut album, four of which he has already released.

I wish this kid did more with his career. I wish he would take the album as an opportunity to do something new instead of what he usually does. He had that choice with a new label, a fresh start, and he has an ear for music but to nobody's surprise, all these songs are boring. This next album will just be a playlist of festival mainstage jumpers, but hey someone likes what he does so here you go.

Martin Garrix on YouTube (See Most Recent Videos)

As a semi-fan of certain Bigroom stuff and Electro House stuff now (mainly because I dislike Future Bass), I'm planning on checking it out but not going in with high expectations.

I feel like that's their next step for the both of them. Producing sick tracks for a major anime company. I kind of want them to make an album that focuses entirely on Neo Tokyo or Neo *insert city/country*.

Ignore it. It's a joke and should remain a joke.

Chainsmoker's will have an EP out soon. I pray to Korean Jesus that they don't put any old songs on there. But chances are pretty high that they will. I also hope they release stuff pre-Pop EDM.

Edit: forgot about this silly Hardstyle track from Hard Driver - Welcome.

Edit 2: damn, even with lowered expectations all those 7 Garrix tracks did nothing for me. I usually say that tracks grow on me but this time, these tracks won't grow on me at all. They just feel like... They're disposable. Tracks made in a short time and to be forgotten.

Top Bottom