• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

Wow, really nice. Yeah I love Seven Lions, his music is amazingly chill.

I was impressed by his set. I'd never heard of him before I heard he was the opener for Krew and it was so sick. He's definitely gonna do well. I'm starting to realize how important these Beatport play contests are for remixing, really need to get involved in those because a lot of these guys are taking off from them. Seven Lions one a competition with that one and look where he is now haha. Just one of many examples.

By the way I'm going to the output club not this Friday but the next one to see Dubfire with a bunch of people. I know you spoke highly about it so I'm excited to check it out

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was impressed by his set. I'd never heard of him before I heard he was the opener for Krew and it was so sick. He's definitely gonna do well. I'm starting to realize how important these Beatport play contests are for remixing, really need to get involved in those because a lot of these guys are taking off from them. Seven Lions one a competition with that one and look where he is now haha. Just one of many examples.

By the way I'm going to the output club not this Friday but the next one to see Dubfire with a bunch of people. I know you spoke highly about it so I'm excited to check it out

Oh nice! Yeah Output is great, make sure you get tickets online unless you like waiting in long lines to get into clubs lol.

I'm going to see Max Graham next Friday, he's playing a 6-hour set. Pretty excited for that!

cdyhybrid

Got my tickets for the New Year's Eve event here. Knife Party and Above & Beyond are headlining. More to be announced but dunno who it'll be.

cdyhybrid

Wow, A&B for NYE is going to be nuts.

Hope so! They're doing a show in Denver that night too, so it won't be the whole crew. Will be my first real time seeing them. "Saw" them at Surrender in Vegas a few months ago but my friend had had one too many, and we had to leave 30 minutes after they came on ><

Edit: Man, Lucid Dreams is everywhere. Album is gonna do really well.

cdyhybrid

Resolution lineup leaked!

7qEKZZN.jpg

Aomber

Well, I've decided. I'll be going to Vegas for EDC next year.

I'm pretty fucking excited.

I'm probably going as well.

And we're gonna go for a whole fucking WEEK and make a trip out of it. Go for a few days before the festival, go HAM all over Vegas then hit up EDC. Will be the best week of my life confirmed.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Holy balls, it's here!

Eric Prydz Presents EPIC Radio 010

Tracklist:
01. Eric Prydz - Ambassadeur ID 3 (Working Title)&#8201;
02. Pryda - LYCKA&#8201;[PRYDA]
03. Pryda - F.A.T.&#8201;[PRYDA]
04. Pryda - Palladium ID (Working Title)&#8201;
05. Paolo Mojo vs. Michael Jackson - Thriller 1983 (Eric Prydz Hawlloween Bootleg)&#8201;
06. Fehrplay - Indigo&#8201;[PRYDA FRIENDS]
07. Cirez D - Gobber&#8201;
08. Jeremy Olander & Fehrplay - Balboa&#8201;[FREE]
09. Jeremy Olander - Bandersnatch&#8201;
10. Kraftwerk - Tour De France

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get enough of this song:

Tritonal feat. Skyler Stonestreet - Electric Glow

On another note, I hope you guys are sharpening your end-of-year lists! I'm still trying to decide what is my favorite album of the year, favorite single, favorite live set (although I have a pretty good idea of what this is going to be), and favorite podcast. Any other categories I'm missing?

zbeeb

Went to stereosonic in Perth (Australia) over the weekend. Absolutely huge! Saw the following:

Mat zo
Gareth emery
W&W
Above and beyond
Axwell
Armin van buuren
Zedd
Nicky Romero
RL grime
Calvin Harris
What so not
Ferry corsten
David guetta

Favourites were definitely armin and rl grime, these two guys absolutely killed it. It started raining just as armin dropped a massive song, magical.

The rest were all really good too.. Except for Nicky Romero, who felt really flat and david guetta... But that's more because I'm not a huge fan - the crowd was definitely loving it.

All in all it was a really good festival, well organised and awesome sets. Two days left me absolutely wrecked!

On another note, I hope you guys are sharpening your end-of-year lists! I'm still trying to decide what is my favorite album of the year, favorite single, favorite live set (although I have a pretty good idea of what this is going to be), and favorite podcast. Any other categories I'm missing?

Favorite single: Deadmau5 - Pets

Can't think of anything definitive for the other categories but Pets blows me away every time I listen to it. Might be one of my favorite songs of all time.

I had my best set of the year narrowed down to two (Seb Ingrosso and Avicii and EDC Chicago) but Prydz on Sunday is making me reconsider

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I had my best set of the year narrowed down to two (Seb Ingrosso and Avicii and EDC Chicago) but Prydz on Sunday is making me reconsider

Yeah Prydz tends to do that, but unfortunately his set at EPIC 2.0 NYC wasn't as good as I was hoping... My current top two sets of 2013 are either Laurent Garnier at Output or Max Graham at Slake (both clubs in NYC). Both of them played 6-hour sets that were just incredible, so I'm finding it hard to choose.

cdyhybrid

I've gotta go with either W&W at ASOT600 in Mexico City (wasn't there unfortunately) or Kaskade or Madeon at Paradiso (actually saw these).

Madeon only had an hour, unfortunately, but he also doesn't have the catalog that Kaskade does (he and Tiesto got 2 hour slots as the headliners).

I saw Kaskade at Marquee and Hardwell at Hakkasan this summer but I don't remember too much of those nights other than them being awesome, haha.

Ferr986

I still have Armin's set from Tomorrowland in the car so yeah, thats probably my favorite set this year. My friends who arent much into Trance loved it too. Not sure yet about fav. single and album...

mr stroke

Finally got my EDC 14 ticket order in, fuuuuuckk at Insomniac raising the prices again
$345+$40 fees for 1 damn ticket. Almost $800 for 2 tickets :eek:

Production and talent(please not the same top10 electro pop DJ's again) better be off the chains

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my EDC 14 ticket order in, fuuuuuckk at Insomniac raising the prices again
$345+$40 fees for 1 damn ticket. Almost $800 for 2 tickets :eek:

Production and talent(please not the same top10 electro pop DJ's again) better be off the chains

Shit, tickets are on sale already? Hmm, have to decide whether I want to go...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if anyone here has heard of Gorgon City but they're a pretty good British deep house group. They're playing a show in NYC this Saturday which is free before midnight with an RSVP. I really like them but have never seen them live, so this sounds like a great way to spend my Saturday night. Here's a 2-hour mix they put together:

Gorgon City Rinse FM Radio Show - 1st December 2013

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I really need to take a trip to NY and spend a weekend at the clubs. Seems like there's always something great going on

Dude, there are literally multiple events going on every night in NYC. The only shitty thing is that you can't really keep going to them every week or your wallet is going to shrink really fast. Thankfully every now and then there are these smaller events at clubs that provide free entrance before a certain time, so they're a great way to see some acts.

But yes I agree, you should definitely spend a weekend clubbing in NYC.

mr stroke

Shit, tickets are on sale already? Hmm, have to decide whether I want to go...

apparently they have already sold half the tickets, so I would buy now(or at least put a deposit in) if you plan on going. Worst case you could sell the tickets for more than you paid for them come June

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
apparently they have already sold half the tickets, so I would buy now(or at least put a deposit in) if you plan on going. Worst case you could sell the tickets for more than you paid for them come June

Actually my friends and I decided to do a Berlin/Ibiza trip in June, so we're probably going to skip EDC Vegas once again this year. I guess we should plan not to overlap our dates with EDC though haha.

In other news, Prydz just dropped his new EP:

Pryda - Lycka & F.A.T.

If you haven't listened to his latest podcast he plays these two tracks and they are straight fire.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Aomber

Paul Baumer of Bingo Players lost his battle with cancer last night :(

Sad day for dance music =\

Letter from Maarten

Dear All,
I’m deeply saddened to tell you that Paul passed away last night after his battle with cancer. He fought strongly until the end.

We want to thank you all for your support over the past few months.

Needless to say, all upcoming shows for the rest of this year have been cancelled as we’re going through this loss with family and friends. We’ll post a longer update shortly with more information as well.

Paul, we will miss you.
- Maarten

1469790_10151793273132051_108853258_n.jpg

Top Bottom