• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, I mean, it sounds like Feed Me... Kind of. Like you can tell it resembles his "sound" but I wouldn't say it's like his older stuff honestly.

I'm a bit disappointed. Then again when he made his older stuff he was embracing the "DJ culture" (as he calls it) and now he says that doesn't interest him. More power to him I guess, but I just don't like his new stuff very much =\
That's a shame. It's definitely one of my favorites, after repeated re-listens. Lots of amazing stuff on there. Reposting my favorites because I can.

Ophelia
Lonely Mountain
Ebb & Flow

11 minute video of Destroid's intro from Freaknight...you can barely hear the music because the bass is too loud for the dude's phone, but worth checking out anyway IMO even if only for the visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT6usvWJKR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
It was so insane, holy shit. Can't wait to see them again.

Aomber

Madeon at Pacha NYC next Saturday.

I am now trying my hardest to convince my buddy to drive four hours for that. LOL

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny you say that because I just came here to say my buddy told me it's bad hahahaha. I don't know anything about that kinda thing in NYC

Maybe I won't then

If you want to go to a show in NYC, get your ass to Output in Brooklyn. It has easily the best sound system of any club I've ever been to. I saw Laurent Garnier there once and it was a downright spiritual experience.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing Kaskade this week and Skrillex next week. Pretty stoked for both. It's my first time seeing either in a non-festival environment.

Adventure Club and Markus Schultz + Ferry Corsten are also in my general area next week but I can't find anyone to go with : (

cdyhybrid

Seeing Kaskade this week and Skrillex next week. Pretty stoked for both. It's my first time seeing either in a non-festival environment.

Adventure Club and Markus Schultz + Ferry Corsten are also in my general area next week but I can't find anyone to go with : (

Saw Kaskade at Marquee in Vegas at the end of August, it was a great show. I was pretty drunk though :p

Adventure Club is doing a show here on my birthday next month and I enjoyed the EP they just released...strongly considering going to the show. Only problem is it's on a Wednesday and I dunno if I can convince people to come out on a weeknight :p

Aomber

If you want to go to a show in NYC, get your ass to Output in Brooklyn. It has easily the best sound system of any club I've ever been to. I saw Laurent Garnier there once and it was a downright spiritual experience.

I heard about Output today from a classmate actually, sounds like a great club. Would you recommend any of their upcoming acts (on weekends)? I don't recognize anyone from what I saw but maybe I skimmed over something. http://outputclub.com/ (Edit: Just saw John Digweed is there this Friday, that could be neat)

Also I'm curious, what makes Pacha so bad in your opinion? I'm not questioning what you said since you probably know more than me, I'm just wondering since my buddy told me there's pretty bad vibes there, a lot of cokeheads, etc etc. just looking for a second opinion. It's a shame really because I'd REALLY like to see Madeon, but if it's as bad as it's made out to be I'll probably pass. My friend is actually going to Webster Hall (again I dunno what it's like) for Martin Solveig that same night so that's an option too, if I decide to make it up to NYC that weekend. Of course the main problem being that hotel costs are crazy... But I'm now pretty keen to head to the city now that I've been thinking about it hahaha. I've been meaning to make a trip there again for a while, love it so much.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I heard about Output today from a classmate actually, sounds like a great club. Would you recommend any of their upcoming shows (on weekends)? I don't recognize anyone from what I saw but maybe I skimmed over something. http://outputclub.com/

Also I'm curious, what makes Pacha so bad in your opinion? I'm not questioning what you said since you probably know more than me, I'm just wondering since my buddy told me there's pretty bad vibes there, a lot of cokeheads, etc etc. just looking for a second opinion. It's a shame really because I'd REALLY like to see Madeon, but if it's as bad as it's made out to be I'll probably pass

My friend is actually going to Webster Hall (again I dunno what it's like) for Martin Solveig that same night so that's an option too, if I decide to make it up to NYC that weekend. Of course the main problem being that hotel costs are crazy... But I'm now pretty keen to head to the city now that I've been thinking about it hahaha. I've been meaning to make a trip there again for a while, love it so much.

John Digweed on Friday should be incredible. I saw him on Governor's Island and he blew my mind. He was apparently one of the best sets at Electric Zoo too.

Pacha's crowd is just awful. A lot of young teeny boppers, they fill the space past capacity so you hardly have any space to yourself to dance, and everyone is really pushy and gets really annoyed if you get anywhere near them (which is inevitable given the logistics of the space). I went to see Madeon and Porter Robinson play there once and I was so irritated with the entire experience I couldn't enjoy the show at all.

Aomber

John Digweed on Friday should be incredible. I saw him on Governor's Island and he blew my mind. He was apparently one of the best sets at Electric Zoo too.

Pacha's crowd is just awful. A lot of young teeny boppers, they fill the space past capacity so you hardly have any space to yourself to dance, and everyone is really pushy and gets really annoyed if you get anywhere near them (which is inevitable given the logistics of the space). I went to see Madeon and Porter Robinson play there once and I was so irritated with the entire experience I couldn't enjoy the show at all.

Yeah Digweed could be awesome, I might think about that. This weekend in general is a bit tight but I might be able to make it work

Well that sucks, yeah I can imagine that would get pretty annoying I saw Krewella last week and it was SO many teeny boppers. God damn that wasn't even a crowded place and I was irritated by the kids there lol. I guess that's what you expect from a Krewella show huh? Hahahaha

I might even consider going Friday AND Saturday night, like maybe hitting John Digweed at Output on Friday then going with my buddy to Martin Solveig Saturday. My main issue is the cost of this, it's actually pretty cheap to take the Amtrak from where I am (like $60 round trip) but hotel costs are a concern needless to say.

EDIT: Got some more opinions and sounds like whatever the case if I were to go, Friday night would absolutely be the best option. Makes sense, Output being awesome and John Digweed being awesome. haha

Kaako

Felium Defensor

Echostage!? ;P
Hitting up Kaskade and New World Punx most likely as well. Might skip New World Punx and attend Groove(underground warehouse craziness) instead though. Let me know if you want details for Groove if you live around DC area like I suspect.

cdyhybrid

L1NETT

Fucking killer album; Mat Zo quickly becoming one of my favs.

mat-zo-damage-control-9269.jpg

1. Superman Lost
2. Only For You (feat. Rachel K. Collier)
3. Easy (feat. Porter Robinson)
4. Caller ID
5. Little Damage
6. Pyramid Scheme (feat. Chuck D)
7. The Sky (feat. Linnea Schossow)
8. Like It Used To Be
9. Time On Your Side (feat. Janai)
10. Moderate Stimulation
11. Lucid Dreams
12. EZ
13. Hurricane (feat. Eyes That Lie)
14. Fall Into Dreams (feat. Pete Josef)

Recommended to all, give it a listen. I can't stop playing Lucid Dreams.

I also can't stop listening to Don Diablo - Edge of the Earth either :)

cdyhybrid

Above & Beyond and Knife Party will be here for New Year's Eve, but we were planning to go to Vegas. I guess if that falls through I know where I'm going :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

1. Superman Lost
4. Caller ID
5. Little Damage
8. Like It Used To Be
10. Moderate Stimulation
11. Lucid Dreams
12. EZ

Just started listening to this the other day, agreed on all accounts. Can't stop listening to "The Sky".

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
EZ is my second favorite track on the album, after Lucid Dreams (which is just a gorgeous, gorgeous song). I would like EZ more if it didn't sample Easy, since that song is so overplayed.

L1NETT

I really like Hardwell's new song with Matthew Koma. Bit of a guilty pleasure :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw0Z5rjw9fI

---

Re: Damage Control, the more I listen to it the more I love it. It's overtaken Intense and Atmosphere for my electronic AOTY. So good.

---

Sorry for the fragmented post, but any ideas when Porter Robinson will drop some new tunes? I remember reading he said he would get something out by the end of this year.

1. Superman Lost
4. Caller ID
5. Little Damage
8. Like It Used To Be
10. Moderate Stimulation
11. Lucid Dreams
12. EZ

Great album. His music individually is good, but personally I find his live sets are shit. When I saw him this summer he pretty much put the crowd to sleep

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So Skrillex in DC at 9:30 Club was amazing. There were a handful of douchey bros in the crowd but overall it had a good vibe and Sonny played a really high-energy set. There was some mash-up with Pop That that I liked a lot (has this been part of his past sets? I'd love a recording...). I wish more rappers would work with Skrillex; Wild for the Night and Kyoto are 2 of my favorite songs of his.

The night ended around 1:20 though which was pretty disappointing. I kept looking down at my phone and thinking "great, we've still got another 45 minutes of this" and then suddenly the show was over. I would've savored those last few songs a lot more had I known it would be done so early.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Eanan

Some "handler" is currently dishing the dirt on LOTS of big name DJs/producers on reddit. Could be BS but she gets into a lot of specifics. Worth reading some of the posts.

http://www.reddit.com/user/nopenoone

Also no wonder it took me so long to find this thread... dat term EDM

Is there a thread for House/DNB/Tech House/Garage etc. or is it all just lumped in together?

cdyhybrid

Some "handler" is currently dishing the dirt on LOTS of big name DJs/producers on reddit. Could be BS but she gets into a lot of specifics. Worth reading some of the posts.

Is there a thread for House/DNB/Tech House/Garage etc. or is it all just lumped in together?

Specific threads? I don't think so, the only genre-specific threads I know of are in the OP. Also that link is a fascinating read :p

Eanan

Specific threads? I don't think so, the only genre-specific threads I know of are in the OP. Also that link is a fascinating read :p

Yeah, if people somehow dont know how reddit works by now; click the "context" link under each comment to see who shes talking about. Shes dished dirt on everyone from Deadmau5, to steve aoki, to AVB. Stuff like deadmau5 stabbing certain people in the back to get to the top, and AVB sleeping around even though he has a family.

Whether its true or not; who knows. Its interesting though all the same.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, if people somehow dont know how reddit works by now; click the "context" link under each comment to see who shes talking about. Shes dished dirt on everyone from Deadmau5, to steve aoki, to AVB. Stuff like deadmau5 stabbing certain people in the back to get to the top, and AVB sleeping around even though he has a family.

Whether its true or not; who knows. Its interesting though all the same.

Only one she hasn't talked about that I'm really curious about (other than the really nasty shit she hints at RE: Avicii and deadmau5) is Kaskade. He seems like a really great dude, would be disappointing if it weren't true.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Whoah duuuuuuude this is gold! I can't stop reading! Glad to read that Eric Prydz is a decent guy. :D My man-crush on him remains.

I don't think there are separate threads for the different genres, they all kinda fall under this thread. There are also a few links in the OP to other threads around GAF that you could check out.

Aomber

Whoah duuuuuuude this is gold! I can't stop reading! Glad to read that Eric Prydz is a decent guy. :D My man-crush on him remains.

I don't think there are separate threads for the different genres, they all kinda fall under this thread. There are also a few links in the OP to other threads around GAF that you could check out.

"Alright. I confess. I actually never handled any of these people; at the most I have just been to a lot of shows. I stole all these stories from various EDM message boards. Some of it I just made up (like Dada Life. I had to look them up). You can disregard what I have said unless it was confirmed by other people.
This was just meant to be a way to pass my Saturday night, I never imagined it would get so out of hand. I'm very sorry."

lol

Eanan

"Alright. I confess. I actually never handled any of these people; at the most I have just been to a lot of shows. I stole all these stories from various EDM message boards. Some of it I just made up (like Dada Life. I had to look them up). You can disregard what I have said unless it was confirmed by other people.
This was just meant to be a way to pass my Saturday night, I never imagined it would get so out of hand. I'm very sorry."

lol

Yeah I checked the profile this morning, and she was being called out on a lot of stuff from apparent friends and DJs she had talked about, saying its utter bullshit, and some apparent big name DJs who wouldn't reveal they're identity.

I was a bit sceptical myself like I said in the OP. Its funny how Reddit chooses to either mass believe, or mass call bullshit on stories about celebrities, without any proof either way.

Top Bottom