• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

mr stroke

If you wanted to go to EDC Vegas but didn't get a chance to buy tickets, they just started selling a "very limited number" again. Looks like they never sold out in the first place lol.

https://www.facebook.com/electricda...74431876/10152385486431877/?type=1&permPage=1

I think it was sold out, but one of 2 things happened.
-They found a way to jam more people in the speedway
-Payment plan buyers fell though

I can't imagine Insomniac holding back tickets for no reason.

cdyhybrid

Going down the Youtube rabbit hole with a bunch of Paradiso videos from last year. Even with the shitty sound because people's phones can't handle the bass, I'm getting so hyped.

Fuck.

Going down the Youtube rabbit hole with a bunch of Paradiso videos from last year. Even with the shitty sound because people's phones can't handle the bass, I'm getting so hyped.

Fuck.

Last year one of my boys took some random shit from some stranger and was trippin so hard lol. Never again... I wish diso was later in the year fuck.

Aomber

I think it was sold out, but one of 2 things happened.
-They found a way to jam more people in the speedway
-Payment plan buyers fell though

I can't imagine Insomniac holding back tickets for no reason.
Mysteryland (ID&T) did the same thing, they suddenly released a bunch of "very limited tickets" for the camping grounds. They didn't sell out again

Think about it. Why would they release the line up so late, then suddenly release tickets again immediately after? It's a marketing ploy, they're trying to get impulse buyers since the festival is only a week away.

I studied something similar when taking a class on music industry. It's like when tour managers are selecting a venue for an artist to perform at in a city, it looks better to sell out a small venue than fill up half of a larger one. Having EDC look sold out when in reality they had space generates hype for the festival, and when people see only limited tickets available at the last minute, you're bound to have impulse buyers, especially because Insomniac knows Scalpers are selling them for $500+ each when they're only $345

mr stroke

Mysteryland (ID&T) did the same thing, they suddenly released a bunch of "very limited tickets" for the camping grounds. They didn't sell out again

Think about it. Why would they release the line up so late, then suddenly release tickets again immediately after? It's a marketing ploy, they're trying to get impulse buyers since the festival is only a week away.

I studied something similar when taking a class on music industry. It's like when tour managers are selecting a venue for an artist to perform at in a city, it looks better to sell out a small venue than fill up half of a larger one. Having EDC look sold out when in reality they had space generates hype for the festival, and when people see only limited tickets available at the last minute, you're bound to have impulse buyers, especially because Insomniac knows Scalpers are selling them for $500+ each when they're only $345

Maybe you are right, but I can't imagine this happening considering- EDC sold out the 1st phase of tickets with in hours, and the 2nd phase sold out with in weeks. If they listed all the tickets at once they would sell out regardless. Any major festival is a big expense and time commitment for most people, Insomniac, ID&T, Live Nation, Ultra knows this and selling last minute tickets a week before the event is a risky return on your investment.

The only thing that makes sense is left over payment plan tickets or an increase in capacity by the speedway/fire marshal.

mr stroke

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they are building the Empire state building on the Speedway :eek:

cMlNTBBl.png

With the increased attendance this year(which AFAIK will now be the biggest Music festival in the United States) it sounds like they are going all out with the production this year.

Aomber

Looks like they are building the Empire state building on the Speedway :eek:

cMlNTBBl.png

With the increased attendance this year(which AFAIK will now be the biggest Music festival in the United States) it sounds like they are going all out with the production this year.
I'm really interested to see what they're doing this year.

I'm really gonna try to go with a ton of people next year since I likely won't do Tomorrowland or anything like that 2 years in a row.

Aomber

LOL how lucky am I?

Decided not to see Eric Prydz at MSG because I'm seeing him at Tomorrowland. Turns out he's play from noon to 3 pm on Friday (according to a Belgium radio interview) which means I'm gonna miss it because the Global Journey package I got doesn't give me the hotel until Friday, and I arrive in Brussels at noon. After getting to my hotel, checking in, and getting to the festival, I'll have missed his entire set.

Massive poker face.

Deadmau5 album is pure gold. I love every single track.
Joel delivered.
"Joel delivered"

aLZQKos.jpg

Ugh so jealous, have a blast dude. Have you got a schedule worked out for the festival itself (asides from the clubs)?

Nope we kind just going where ever. So they are 18 of us it's currently 7 pm and like 10 of em are sleeping.

#CantHang

my stomach feels like it's on fire though fuck... too much alcohol.

mr stroke

Nope we kind just going where ever. So they are 18 of us it's currently 7 pm and like 10 of em are sleeping.

#CantHang

my stomach feels like it's on fire though fuck... too much alcohol.

+1
Don't feel bad, we got blasted last night and now I am hung over as hell, and the party hasn't even started yet :

Toothpick

I did not know this was going to be streamed

Here is the weird EDC stream website.

A little distracting, but you can find each stage from their youtube channel without all the clutter.

Here is the main stage on youtube: Kinetic Field

Set times for the whole weekend (PDF link): http://cdn-insomniac.s3.amazonaws.com/edc_vegas2014_schedule-06.20-2.pdf

they just tweeted that festival content wil start at 10:30 pm pst.

Lookin at the video of the stage this year and i get chills from last year, have fun everyone who is there!

mr stroke

Day 1 was fucking bananas(except for them 3 hour shuttle rides)
Simon Patterson fucking slayed the psy stage so hard-

TlMeVNc.jpg

3 hours of sleep now lets go day 2 :eek:

Jarnet87

I was watching the edc stream this morning. They said it was live but it had to be tape delayed a few hours. It was like 9:30 am or so EST when Armin came on, and his set was to be played at like 4 or 5:30 est time. Lots of sets to catch up on, can't wait to hear what Prydz did

oh. yeah, good luck finding the video stream(s), 'cause I know as much as you do RE: anyone uploading them

(also: so glad I just pulled an all-nighter for this A&B set even though it's not live)

Well that wad one helluva weekend for me. Staying to the end 3 day straight was fun but terrible idea lol.

And I still have wet republic today and marquee tonight.

Top Bottom