• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

cdyhybrid

Just got back from a fucking night at the club.

Magnus opening with Neelix headlining. Psy is the fucking best. One of the best nights of my life and I wasn't even rolling.

Aomber

Well this is an interesting change of pace. Axwell just debuted a song dedicated to his wife, very different from what we're used to from him. I like it :D

Starts at 1:00

Axwell - Waiting For So Long (Gloria)

EDIT: Just made a bit of a connection. This is obviously nothing confirmed, but it's pretty exciting to think about nevertheless.

I came across this interview with Flume from back in July where he basically said he was gonna go to LA and finish the album there. Well, he just left LA after an extended stay a few days ago.

Just a predition, but I think we can expect the album fairly soon.

cdyhybrid

This starts in 5 hours.

EYa4BzI.jpg

L1NETT

1- Bit of filthy house, off Tchami's label. Free download too

Malaa - Notorious

2- Galantis give their usual fun twist to some Florence track

Florence and the Machine - Deliah (Galantis Remix)

3- Alex Metric's latest EP, Ammunition Pt 4 is now complete. Featuring Fts with The Knocks and Amtrac

https://soundcloud.com/alexmetric/sets/alex-metric-ammunition-pt-4

4-Tommy Trash EP is right good electro-house
Luv U Giv

5-Rufus nine minute fucking beaut (their second album comes out in Jan)

Innerbloom

6- San Holo's latest release on Spinnin (I know) is quite good compared to the rest of the turgid shite that label craps out

San Holo - Can't Forget You (ft. The Nicholas)

Aomber

I know the song isn't that new but it's new as part of Major Lazer's extended album. Been really loving Ariana's voice lately and this track is really great.

Need to now listen to the rest of the extended album

Major Lazer - All My Love (feat. Ariana Grande & Machel Montano) (Remix)
1- Bit of filthy house, off Tchami's label. Free download too

Malaa - Notorious

2- Galantis give their usual fun twist to some Florence track

Florence and the Machine - Deliah (Galantis Remix)

3- Alex Metric's latest EP, Ammunition Pt 4 is now complete. Featuring Fts with The Knocks and Amtrac

https://soundcloud.com/alexmetric/sets/alex-metric-ammunition-pt-4

4-Tommy Trash EP is right good electro-house
Luv U Giv

5-Rufus nine minute fucking beaut (their second album comes out in Jan)

Innerbloom

6- San Holo's latest release on Spinnin (I know) is quite good compared to the rest of the turgid shite that label craps out

San Holo - Can't Forget You (ft. The Nicholas)

Some great stuff here especially the Rufus track.

I'm pleasantly surprised by that Tommy Trash EP. Not mind blowing or anything but that's some of the more interesting stuff I've heard from him.

Aomber

Hahahahahaha I fucking love this dude

PSY - DADDY(feat. CL of 2NE1) M/V

He's obviously still trying to create another "Gangnam Style" but I can't say I blame him. Song is actually really catchy

A while back I actually found out we went to the same college together (before I transferred, relatively small college, 4k students). Much different generations though, seems like he would have been fun to party with

mr stroke

And, the news of the day for many of you:

74A9jri.png

[/URL].

oh yes oh yes

Hopefully the SF show is in spring, really need to see another Prydz only show. Wonder if that album will have a ton of new stuff or mostly current stuff with a couple new unheard tracks?

That was a semi-cool track from deadmau5. I know he is also a twitch streamer and performs at esports tournaments. I just think it was a bad crowd he played to for the TGAs. I don't think many of the professionals in the videogame industry even listens to EDM lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any luck picking up Prydz 4.0 NYC tickets? I'm waiting for the SF tickets to go on sale in 30 mins. Apparently some people are saying if you don't see tickets available on the Ticketmaster website, try the app. Bunch of people were able to pick up app tickets even while the desktop website said none were available.

Edit: GOT MY PRYDZ SF TICKETS!!! NOICE.

Edit 2: The Saturday SF show sold out so he put up a Friday show as well. And I got tickets to that as wel!!

Aomber

This will be taken down soon but a Bassnectar festival has been confirmed (you can see it's labeled as "draft" - one of their web designers oops'd)

http://www.bassnectar.net/2015/12/bassnectar-chocolate-draft-1/

TJhnnfc.jpg

There’s something special about chocolate. Not milky, whack chemical mass-produced stuff; but pure, organic, hand-crafted chocolate: it’s magical and other-worldly. The cacao used in our brand new Bassnectar Chocolate is sourced from wild harvesters throughout the Ecuadorian Andes. This cacao is also certified organic.

Today we are unveiling our first offering, limited to only 1,000 bars and available now. Each bar can be broken into two squares so you can share this with a loved one as a gift; either for the holidays, or simply because you love them : )

Bassnectar ChocolateTo make it even more fun, we have a special surprise for 5 lucky chocolate lovers. Hidden inside 5 of these bars are Golden Tickets, each offering free weekend admission to next year’s ‘Bass Center 2016’ (2 full weekend VIP passes, plus camping) …more info to follow on that!

Aomber

https://www.grammy.com/nominees

Pretty solid choices overall, but lol at Madeon not receiving any nominations at all. That is a huge oversight in my opinion – then again they skipped Worlds by Porter last year so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Jamie xx should win best dance/electronic album but I don't know how realistic it is to expect that.

Jack U will probably win best dance recording.

Also – diplo has been nominated for Producer of the year, non-classical
9. BEST DANCE RECORDING
We're All We Need
Above & Beyond Featuring Zoë Johnston
Andrew Bayer, Jono Grant, Tony McGuinness & Paavo Siljamäki, producers; Jono Grant, Tony McGuinness & Paavo Siljamäki, mixers
Label: Ultra/Anjunabeats

Go
The Chemical Brothers
Tom Rowlands & Ed Simons, producers; Steve Dub Jones & Tom Rowlands, mixers
Label: Astralwerks

Never Catch Me
Flying Lotus Featuring Kendrick Lamar
Steven Ellison, producer; Kevin Marques Moo, mixer
Track from: You're Dead!
Label: Warp Records

Runaway (U & I)
Galantis
Linus Eklöw, Christian Karlsson & Svidden, producers; Linus Eklöw, Niklas Flyckt & Christian Karlsson, mixers
Track from: Pharmacy
Label: Big Beat/Atlantic

Where Are Ü Now
Skrillex And Diplo With Justin Bieber
Sonny Moore & Thomas Pentz, producers; Sonny Moore & Thomas Pentz, mixers
Track from: Skrillex And Diplo Present Jack Ü
Label: Owsla/Mad Decent/Atlantic

10. BEST DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUM
Our Love
Caribou
Label: Merge Records

Born In The Echoes
The Chemical Brothers
Label: Astralwerks

Caracal
Disclosure
Label: Capitol Records

In Colour
Jamie XX
Label: Young Turks Recordings

Skrillex And Diplo Present Jack Ü
Skrillex And Diplo
Label: Owsla/Mad Decent/Atlantic

70. BEST REMIXED RECORDING, NON-CLASSICAL
Berlin By Overnight (CFCF Remix)
CFCF, remixer (Daniel Hope)
Track from: Berlin By Overnight
Label: Deutsche Grammophon

Hold On (Fatum Remix)
Bill Hamel & Chad Newbold, remixers (JES, Shant, & Clint Maximus)
Label: Intonenation Records

Runaway (U & I) (Kaskade Remix)
Ryan Raddon, remixer (Galantis)
Track from: Runaway (U&I) Remixes
Label: Big Beat/Atlantic

Say My Name (RAC Remix)
André Allen Anjos, remixer (Odesza Featuring Zyra)
Track from: Say My Name Remixes
Label: Counter Records

Uptown Funk (Dave Audé Remix)
Dave Audé, remixer (Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars)
Label: RCA Records

L1NETT

https://www.grammy.com/nominees

Pretty solid choices overall, but lol at Madeon not receiving any nominations at all. That is a huge oversight in my opinion – then again they skipped Worlds by Porter last year so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

pls

Huge oversights would be Floating Points and Neon Indian, not Madeon

Also Caracal and Jack U are such safe and boring albums.

buuuuuut it's the grammys so who really cares.

Aomber

pls

Huge oversights would be Floating Points and Neon Indian, not Madeon

Also Caracal and Jack U are such safe and boring albums.

buuuuuut it's the grammys so who really cares.
I never understand this. People always say who cares about the grammys, but it's the biggest award a musician can receive. I don't always agree with their decisions but a writer myself I would be floored to be nominated for a grammy let alone win one, I know a lot of people who get nominated feel the same way.

L1NETT

I never understand this. People always say who cares about the grammys, but it's the biggest award a musician can receive. I don't always agree with their decisions but a writer myself I would be floored to be nominated for a grammy let alone win one, I know a lot of people who get nominated feel the same way.

same reason we shouldn't care about the golden globes, or the DJ mag top 100 or the game awards or any popularity contest masquerading as a serious awards show

sure the artists do feel pleased to be nominated and good for them, if it helps more folks discover Caribou or Mat Zo or Galantis then that's super.

just don't get the heated debates which always come with this stuff, be it the oscars or whatever.

cdyhybrid

Artists should care, sure. But there's no reason for fans to care about them. Especially fans of a genre that is so far off the radar for your average Grammy voter.

Aomber

same reason we shouldn't care about the golden globes, or the DJ mag top 100 or the game awards or any popularity contest masquerading as a serious awards show

sure the artists do feel pleased to be nominated and good for them, if it helps more folks discover Caribou or Mat Zo or Galantis then that's super.

just don't get the heated debates which always come with this stuff, be it the oscars or whatever.
That's what I mean though. If this was just a popularity contest there are so many other artists they could have filled those 5 spots with. Are you saying that aphex twin won the grammy for best album last year because he's the most popular artist? Hell, here's a more extreme example: Esperanza Spalding, a Jazz artist, won best new artist over Bieber one year. That's one of the biggest awards of the Grammys.

Like I said though, I don't always agree with their decisions, they definitely can be questionable. But I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a straight popularity contest.

Anyway I wasn't trying to stir up a debate, just my 2 cents

Artists should care, sure. But there's no reason for fans to care about them. Especially fans of a genre that is so far off the radar for your average Grammy voter.
Why not? To me it's exciting to see an artist I support get recognition for their work, regardless of how popular or unpopular the artist is. That can't be entirely true either because the choices are still respectable.

cdyhybrid

Why not? To me it's exciting to see an artist I support get recognition for their work, regardless of how popular or unpopular the artist is. That can't be entirely true either because the choices are still respectable.
I would argue that that's more caring about the artist than caring about the award.

Aomber

IS THIS REAL LIFE OR IS THIS JUST A FANTASY? This is taking place in NYC on new years

Too bad my only buddy who'd actually wanna go is in Australia at the moment, very unlikely I'll convince anyone to drop the high costs on this.

jukelynye.png

I would argue that that's more caring about the artist than caring about the award.

I mean, that's one way of looking at it. I just don't really see it that way because I follow many aspects of the music industry closely, and as a musician you grow up seeing it as a prestigious award. I guess what I was trying to say is that's one big reason I pay attention to it, and I imagine it's similar for the average person.

L1NETT

RA Poll: Top 100 DJs of 2015

only voted on by people who went to gigs, removes the pop contest factor

top 10 is fireeee

1- Dixon
2- Maceo Plex
3- Tale of Us
4- Ben UFO
5- Jackmaster
6- Ricardo Villalobos
7- Seth Troxler
8- Ben Klock
9- Ame
10- Rodhad

Seen 10 of the top 100 live. Not bad going

So uh.... That popdanthology 2015 mix this year was pretty cool. Better than last years. I wasn't aware how popular Galantis was and was pleasantly surprised to hear Daniel Kim mixed in some Runaway (U&I). Heard a snippet of Five More Hours in there, saw that Kygo was mentioned but I wasn't quite able to hear it since I barely listen to Kygo. He had alot of Zedd (not surprised, glad actually!)and his mix from a couple or a few years back had a snippet from Clarity that I really liked.

Now.... Time to play the mixing game and wait for Vicetones mix this year and a shitload of other EDM mixes to close off this year.

Top Bottom