• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. So like I said I just discovered Bakermat a few hours ago, and after googling him it turns out he's playing in SF tomorrow. Checked with my friends and found out that some of their friends are going. So I'm meeting up with friends of friends (who I've never seen before) to go see a DJ tomorrow who I just discovered a few hours ago.

Fun times ahead!

LOL. So like I said I just discovered Bakermat a few hours ago, and after googling him it turns out he's playing in SF tomorrow. Checked with my friends and found out that some of their friends are going. So I'm meeting up with friends of friends (who I've never seen before) to go see a DJ tomorrow who I just discovered a few hours ago.

Fun times ahead!

That's how you add people to the rave family. I click on that link you posted and somehow still on his soundcloud lol...

Aomber

Fun times ahead!

Man Bakermat is awesome, definitely check out more of his music. I really dig this track in particular by him

Bakermat - Teach Me (Original Mix)

PS off topic but when I get into overwatch beta we definitely have to play :D

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man Bakermat is awesome, definitely check out more of his music. I really dig this track in particular by him

Bakermat - Teach Me (Original Mix)

PS off topic but when I get into overwatch beta we definitely have to play :D

Oh snap, I didn't realize this was Bakermat! Alright now I'm super excited for the show.

And yeah man, definitely! I don't generally like MP FPS since I generally suck at them, but I'm having a blast with Overwatch. Dat Blizz magic.

12246844_10153401835332408_5811689528825203887_n.png

Yeah, still not seeing your point, Steve

cdyhybrid

Just got to the club for Gesaffelstein. This club has the best sound system in the city, the lights are all off, and everyone is wearing black. So dope.

mr stroke

Just got to the club for Gesaffelstein. This club has the best sound system in the city, the lights are all off, and everyone is wearing black. So dope.

Can't fucking wait for tonight at 1015 SF.

Curious how long did he play and was there an opener & closer or he play the entire night?

cdyhybrid

Can't fucking wait for tonight at 1015 SF.

Curious how long did he play and was there an opener & closer or he play the entire night?
Two openers. Think he did around two hours? Maybe a little longer. I was in the back by the bar and couldn't see when he went on exactly.

Sai-kun

Banned
Knife Party releasing an EP November 20th. Dat Tom Staar collab

Jaaauuuzzzzzz!!!

Edit1: That Magnets VIP is aight. Still missing a little magic but definitely better than the album version.

Edit2: Skrilly did good work for Justin. He's such a good producer :)

mr stroke

Two openers. Think he did around two hours? Maybe a little longer. I was in the back by the bar and couldn't see when he went on exactly.

Gesaffelstien was bonkers

Though he seamed pretty distracted all night(understandably), kept pausing and getting on the mic to scream France, Paris, peace, put your phone away, etc..

He still smashed though, second half of set was full of driving hard acid techno. First time seeing him do a DJ set and surprised how good of a mixer he is, he was beat juggling, scratching, delaying, etc, all flawlessly.

Aomber

If this is coming to you, you owe it to yourself to go see them do an acoustic set. I'm very excited about this myself. Here's a video of them performing sun & moon:

Above & Beyond Acoustic - "Sun & Moon" Live from Porchester Hall (Official)

http://www.aboveandbeyond.nu/acoustic/

uPm7slN.png

------------------------------------

AND we have Madeon news! First off, the music video for his song "Nonsense" with Mark Foster

Madeon - Nonsense (Official Video) ft. Mark Foster

And he's bringing a new tour in early 2016 :D

12249736_997040040352468_5588978978062864385_n.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
He won't have his fancy stage setup, it'll just be him at a couple of CDJs, and also he won't be playing his own tracks exclusively. It'll be more like going to see a DJ who just happens to drop a lot of Madeon tracks...and looks like Madeon :p

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
He won't have his fancy stage setup, it'll just be him at a couple of CDJs, and also he won't be playing his own tracks exclusively. It'll be more like going to see a DJ who just happens to drop a lot of Madeon tracks...and looks like Madeon :p

Couldn't that be a good thing, though, in theory? Less focus on spectacle and more on the music? Or do DJs normally sort of "phone in" their shows that are labeled as "DJ sets"?

Aomber

What's the difference between a "DJ Set" and a normal performance?

The difference is pretty literal. His live performance is exactly that, a live performance where he integrates live instrument performance with midi controllers. At least on his last tour this was a combination of launchpads, keyboard, and singing. His live performance shows are all Madeon music naturally, while a DJ set is some Madeon music some other music.

Sai-kun

Banned
Couldn't that be a good thing, though, in theory? Less focus on spectacle and more on the music? Or do DJs normally sort of "phone in" their shows that are labeled as "DJ sets"?

The difference is pretty literal. His live performance is exactly that, a live performance where he integrates live instrument performance with midi controllers. At least on his last tour this was a combination of launchpads, keyboard, and singing. His live performance shows are all Madeon music naturally, while a DJ set is some Madeon music some other music.

Yeah, in the cases of people like Disclosure, Madeon, Porter Robinson, and Nero, their live show incorporates actual instruments. It's not like when Skrillex does a show, he's only using CDJs or whatever. They have a fancy light show and specific set list, but they're also actually playing a lot of their music.

Also it may have just been the night I saw them, but Disclosure are not the best DJs. Claude VonStroke opened for them and he killed it though.

Aomber

Yeah, in the cases of people like Disclosure, Madeon, Porter Robinson, and Nero, their live show incorporates actual instruments. It's not like when Skrillex does a show, he's only using CDJs or whatever. They have a fancy light show and specific set list, but they're also actually playing a lot of their music.

Also it may have just been the night I saw them, but Disclosure are not the best DJs. Claude VonStroke opened for them and he killed it though.
That must have been a bad night for them cause when I saw them at edc they put on the best DJ set I saw the whole weekend

I saw their full live show at MSG and it was fantastic. Claude also put on a great set as always though unfortunately I didn't get to see all of it because I went with my sister who wanted to get drinks before disclosure came on

Sai-kun

Banned
New Knife Party is...okay. It'll definitely kill at clubs and shows but I'm not as immediately drawn to it as I was to most of Abandon Ship.

Also 'Trigger Warning' as an EP name makes rob swire look like such a fucking tryhard lol

Aomber

New remix of Zedd by Grey

Zedd - Papercut (feat. Troye Sivan) [Grey Remix]

It's a pretty good remix, but if I had to offer some critique I think these guys are already too predictable. They haven't released an original track yet and all their remixes have very similar structure and style. In particular, I'm thinking of their Where Are U Now remix. Just already sort of bored of the same acoustic guitar centric break and the same similarly-styled flurry of sounds in their drops.

I'd love to see some more variety, but one could argue that a consistent sound as a newcomer to the scene is appealing to some audience members. Anyway, the potential to expand is definitely there. Their production quality is very good nevertheless.

New Knife Party is...okay. It'll definitely kill at clubs and shows but I'm not as immediately drawn to it as I was to most of Abandon Ship.

Also 'Trigger Warning' as an EP name makes rob swire look like such a fucking tryhard lol

Haven't listened to it yet but yeah that's what I expected, their album was definitely more of a substantial project.

23qwerty

Yeah it's a pretty disappointing name, listening now though, PLUR Police is okay, definitely more of a festival song

Aomber

Yeah I don't like this Knife Party EP at all. I just can't take these kind of festival bangers seriously, but I guess the point of the EP is to have a few fresh festival tracks for their sets.

Ixian

New Knife Party was a disappointment to me too; it's not bad but nothing really stands out. After two listens I was over it. Still hype to see them early January though.

Top Bottom