• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

So I'm watching We Are Your Friends..... It's not good. The soundtrack isn't good even for my tastes :/ Perpetuates the stereotypes of rave and edm culture. I'm not as educated in the history but when Zac tells us about the different bpms that shit was way too stupid..

The best parts? Emily's boobies. And Shane, Shane is always a badass.
Yeah that movie flopped hard in theaters, it looks so bad

cdyhybrid

xJxvtq3.png

QQ72vR3.gif

Edit: Apparently CNN is doing a special on drug use at festivals tomorrow: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/03/living/lisa-ling-rave-queen-essay/index.html

I'd be really skeptical, but they interview the Bunk Police (and mention how the RAVE Act prevents them from doing more to save lives) so I'm a bit hopeful that it will actually be good.

Aomber

cdyhybrid

Lisa Ling special was actually pretty good :lol

They did a pretty good job of point out how ridiculous the drug laws are, especially in the context of these festivals.

Aomber

I gotta listen to those - speaking of albums I'm listening to Flume and man he's really taking his time with his album. I don't mind since it's gonna be amazing but damn we haven't heard anything about it for a while.

Ashhong

So for whatever reason this remix is fucking amazing to me. Reminds me of the the type of edm I listened to in the past...like Cascada (no shame, they were the shit). Really like the second drop, with the touch of trap vibe

Porter Robinson - Years of War (Rob Mayth Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9SDPVfpR0

Anybody know the genre? Youtube comments say Hands Up and Hardstyle. Never heard of Hands Up before. If someone has good recommendations to either of those genres I would appreciate it.

Aomber

So for whatever reason this remix is fucking amazing to me. Reminds me of the the type of edm I listened to in the past...like Cascada (no shame, they were the shit). Really like the second drop, with the touch of trap vibe

Porter Robinson - Years of War (Rob Mayth Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9SDPVfpR0

Anybody know the genre? Youtube comments say Hands Up and Hardstyle. Never heard of Hands Up before. If someone has good recommendations to either of those genres I would appreciate it.

I heard this before when listening to the remix album. It's hands up/dancecore. The even faster version would be happy hardcore.

I don't really have any specific songs I know from them I just know there's a lot of mixes on Youtube and what not.

cdyhybrid

Damn, thats a great lineup. Need to see snails again. D:

Who else is doing a NYE thing ? :D

I'll be in Vegas for my friend's bday (which is NYE). Otherwise I'd be at Resolution for Prydz.

always found it odd that USC events only books Techno DJ's at their Halloween parties and not NYE or Paradiso

Yeah, I'd love if they brought more techno here. Adam Beyer mentioned that he hadn't been to Seattle since the 90s on his podcast a few weeks ago, sounds like he might be thinking of coming here...

That said, it's not USC, but I'm seeing Gesaffelstein in a week :D

Ixian

Doing a couple NYE things:
12115692_904077003008780_4002188623632065905_n.jpg

and
27965.jpg

We did two days of Escape + Hard Day of the Dead 2 this past weekend; I have a Halloween birthday and it was amazing having Above & Beyond play when the clock struck midnight, along with my friends and an expanding group of strangers sing Happy Birthday to me. :D

Ashhong

Doing a couple NYE things:
12115692_904077003008780_4002188623632065905_n.jpg

and
27965.jpg

We did two days of Escape + Hard Day of the Dead 2 this past weekend; I have a Halloween birthday and it was amazing having Above & Beyond play when the clock struck midnight, along with my friends and an expanding group of strangers sing Happy Birthday to me. :D

How hard were you rolling lol

I am really enjoying this "Hands up" genre. It isn't the most impressive style or genre, but goddamn is it fun to listen to. Nothing beats that Porter Robinson remix so far though. That's a masterpiece.

mr stroke

How hard were you rolling lol

I am really enjoying this "Hands up" genre. It isn't the most impressive style or genre, but goddamn is it fun to listen to. Nothing beats that Porter Robinson remix so far though. That's a masterpiece.

What is the "hands up" genre?

L1NETT

Eric fucking delivered, as per.

Seeing this lineup in Manchester in December oh my

■ MACEO PLEX
■ ADAM BEYER
■ JOSEPH CAPRIATI
■ MANO LE TOUGH
■ AGORIA
■ DANNY DAZE
■ GARDENS OF GOD
■ TREVINO
■ ODD PARENTS
■ GREG LORD

also really cool RA interview with Maceohttps://soundcloud.com/ra-exchange/ra-exchange-274

Dude sounds so humble and down to earth.

So apparently Steve Angello has said Wild Youth will be released in two parts. First part 20th November, second part 22nd January. I'm not really sure what he thinks he going to achieve by doing that.

It's never going to happen but I'd love it if the 20th November release is the Steve Angello - Wild Youth Album and the 22nd January release is his Mescal Kid (Steve's alias, think Cirez D) take on the album

Aomber

So apparently Steve Angello has said Wild Youth will be released in two parts. First part 20th November, second part 22nd January. I'm not really sure what he thinks he going to achieve by doing that.

It's never going to happen but I'd love it if the 20th November release is the Steve Angello - Wild Youth Album and the 22nd January release is his Mescal Kid (Steve's alias, think Cirez D) take on the album
If he literally means half and half of the album, that's not really a good sign. For me an album should have a purpose as a whole package, if he feels that it can be split like that, that tells me it's not intended to be listened to as a complete package.

That's my opinion anyway, I mean obviously there are many artists who release albums that are more or less a compilation of songs but I wouldn't call them "good albums".

If he literally means half and half of the album, that's not really a good sign.

From what I've read, that's what he's planning on doing, which again I'm struggling to understand why when he's already released three of those songs as singles.

C H A PTERS | 11.20 | WILD YOUTH |
That's his latest tweet, it could just be a coincidence I suppose.......

Ashhong

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

On another note, where is the Prydz album? Didn't he say his artist album would be out in October or something?

edit: So I was listening to Prydz on Beats 1, and he played this song which he says will be out soon

https://soundcloud.com/alex-spades/eric-prydz-ambassadeur-id-3

I then discover that he first played it in fucking 2011. Holy shit. Does he always do that? 4 years to release a song! Love the song though

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

On another note, where is the Prydz album? Didn't he say his artist album would be out in October or something?

edit: So I was listening to Prydz on Beats 1, and he played this song which he says will be out soon

https://soundcloud.com/alex-spades/eric-prydz-ambassadeur-id-3

I then discover that he first played it in fucking 2011. Holy shit. Does he always do that? 4 years to release a song! Love the song though

It's not too uncommon for artists to have IDs that take a while to release (if they ever do at all). Prydz has a bunch that go as far back as the mid-2000s, even.

Ashhong

It's not too uncommon for artists to have IDs that take a while to release (if they ever do at all). Prydz has a bunch that go as far back as the mid-2000s, even.

But this dude is still teasing them! Saw he plays it quite often. hope it comes out soon

But this dude is still teasing them! Saw he plays it quite often. hope it comes out soon

Eric Prydz said:
I don't make music with the intention to release it. I make it for my DJ sets. Some tracks will never see the light of day and will remain in my DJ sets only.

We've been quite lucky this year with the Pryda Ep's and forthcoming Cirez D Ep

daviyoung

Banned
CSpPrjvUYAEXp2q.png

EMOTY confirmed

Tracklist
[000] Eric Volta - Heartbeat 1: Bleed [My Favorite Robot]
[0??] Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow - Hacking/Cutting [Invada]
[005] Radioactiveman - Uranium [Rotters Golf Club]
[008] DJ Who - Give A Little More (Give It To M.P.) [Defective]
[0??] Maceo Plex - Polygon Pulse [Ellum]
[0??] Fango - Dritto (Rebelledo's Action Sequence) [Degustibus]
[0??] FiberRoot - Human Strand [Ellum]
[023] Cowboy Rhythmbox - Fantasma [Phantasy Sound - PH 48D]
[025] Voiski - Wax Fashion [LIES - 049]
[030] Morphology - Intergal Domain [Zyntax Motorcity - ZYNTAX 09]
[033] Stephan Bodzin - Powers Of Ten (Maceo Plex & Shall Ocin Remix) [Herzblut]
[0??] AJ Hunter - Kung Pow [Parotic]
[0??] Bxentric - Patch Valley [Muzoic]
[0??] Sefton - The Road Not Taken [Ellum]
[0??] Vangelis - Blade Runner End Titles (Unknown Remix) [White]
[0??] ? - Bloodsport (Maceo Plex Remix) [White]
[0??] ?
[0??] Agents Of Time - Magma [Ellum]
[0??] ?
[075] Altocamet - Pasion Descalza (Swayzak's Vocal Mix) [Yoshitoshi - YRD 022]
[079] Shall Ocin - ISO [Ellum]
[0??] ?
[086] Boston 168 - Vapor [Enemy - 027]
[088] Good Guy Mikesh & Filburt - Someone Told Me [Permanent Vacation - PERMVAC 035-2]
[090] Rhythm Invention - Chronoclasm [Warp - CDD 15]
[094] Rex The Dog - Wasp Factory [Kompakt]
[???] Funk Butcher - Anna Logg [Southern Fried]
[???] ?
[???] Maceo Plex - Untitled [White]
[111] Swayzak - Halfway To Yesterday [!K7 - K7 128CD]
[114] Röyksopp - Compulsion [Dog Triumph]

[008] DJ Who - Give A Little More (Give It To M.P.) [Defective]
[0??] Maceo Plex - Polygon Pulse [Ellum]
[0??] Fango - Dritto (Rebelledo's Action Sequence) [Degustibus]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nOOUkjwWZM

jack1.gif

Man, The Chainsmokers are going to be in town this weekend and I want to go but my best friend won't get off work until 10pm :(

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy tickets right now?

Man, The Chainsmokers are going to be in town this weekend and I want to go but my best friend won't get off work until 10pm :(

Do you guys think it's worth it to buy tickets right now?

Yea you can always sell or whatever. I've learned my lesson... half the time when you buy it early you can put it on them too. It's like "do you really want to not go I mean I'm going.... you want to be that fuck that watches my snap chat all night and not be here? Yea right..." Then they buy and your jedi mind tricks works!

Plus they probably won't get on stage until midnight. Headliners generally never show up before 11 or 12.

Too late.... We were some minutes too late for the cheap tickets lol. Ah shucks, next time!

Ok, now I know to buy the cheap tickets in advance. I should have known but I didn't :(

Top Bottom