• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

mr stroke

A veritable gold mine of techno

A bunch of live sets recorded from the BPM Festival. Really want to go next year if I can afford it.

Just came back from BPM

Absolutely sick!
EtDQElK.jpg

Not much like it in the world. Anyone here that hasn't been needs to go ASAP. All Techno/Tech House/Deep house, no puddles or kids with pacifiers, cheap, and an older crowd there 100% for the music. Which is non stop, hit a night party then go straight to the beach party :p

set of the week from what I saw-
Nicole Moudaber absolutely smashed it, driving tech bomb after bomb

then you get impromptu stuff like this-

Ritche Hawtin & Dubfire playing a free party at a street taco shop

and if you want drugs, Playa Del Carmen is the place to go. Club bathrooms have guys selling Pills, Meth, Heroin, Coke, all right out in the open LOL.

Aomber

I have to backpedal a bit on that Flume single. I gotta admit it's grown on me a lot, I caught myself humming it along with it stuck in my head. It's not his best work ever or anything but I've started to really appreciate it for what it is, I can appreciate him trying different things.

I also knew I recognized the singer from somewhere. She sang on this >> Skrillex And Diplo - Mind (Feat. Kai)

On another note, REZZ has been making strides on mau5trap :D here's her newest single, super dark I love it

REZZ (feat. Delaney Jane) - Lost

t0rment

Just came back from BPM

Absolutely sick!

Not much like it in the world. Anyone here that hasn't been needs to go ASAP. All Techno/Tech House/Deep house, no puddles or kids with pacifiers, cheap, and an older crowd there 100% for the music. Which is non stop, hit a night party then go straight to the beach party :p

set of the week from what I saw-
Nicole Moudaber absolutely smashed it, driving tech bomb after bomb

then you get impromptu stuff like this-

Ritche Hawtin & Dubfire playing a free party at a street taco shop

and if you want drugs, Playa Del Carmen is the place to go. Club bathrooms have guys selling Pills, Meth, Heroin, Coke, all right out in the open LOL.

if you dont mind me asking, how much did you spend, were you there the whole week?

mr stroke

if you dont mind me asking, how much did you spend, were you there the whole week?

$4600 7 days

BUT we flew first class from San Fransisco, stayed at an all inclusive on the beach and did a bunch of tourist stuff.

Now if you stay in an air bnb, off the beach or a hostel its super cheap, $100 a night, $1 beers, $3 tacos, etc... If u can get a cheap flight(depending on where you are in the world) you could do BPM under $950-1500 easy

Aomber

Out today.

Just finished listening to it. It's exactly what I expected, relatively speaking to the rest of his music it's pretty varied. In the bigger picture though, it all feels really similar and ends up being a forgettable album. I don't really feel the need to go back and listen to the album or any individual songs after that.

I completely expected this because of the way he split up the album's release.

L1NETT

yeah that wild youth is super fucking middle of the road progressive tedium

bugs me when artists say stuff like

Dance music has never talked about anything. There is no history. So I want to tell mine.

In all my collaborations I only work with artists I truly admire. It’s more like folk and indie rock music, such as Dan Reynolds from Imagine Dragons and Dougy Mandagi from Temper Trap – I have always been a huge fan of their vocals. We wrote all the tracks together and tried to tell a story through it; a simple question, “What do I want to tell them through the music?”.”

and then make a album with almost no musical variation, no lyrical sophistication beyond the normal pseudo inspirational babble and without a markable departure from their previous sound.

-----------------

in other stuff the new Netsky song is so bad i'm not even going to post it

but Lemaitre ft. Giraffage - Nishio 2 is pretty cool

and tourist's new track is hawt shit. his album is gonna be right good

Aomber

fuuuuuuuuuck looks like the god damn bat cave

My main problem with trying to create a home studio is the lack of room... this stuff takes up mad space :(
You might already know this but don't let that demotivate you from making music, if that's what you wanna do. Equipment is nice to have but a lot of people online will tell you that you NEED to have certain gear to produce. Truth is you just need a laptop and some headphones. Sure the gear is nice to have and does help, but it's not completely necessary either. We live in a great time where it's possible to get surprising results with very little, and if space is an issue, there's also lots of gear in the market to cater to that :).

Personally I have a decently equipped studio but I'm fortunate to live in a place where I have the space, plus I studied production at a music college. Don't have anything like Joel's though :p

Wild Youth has grown on me and I do really enjoy it now, but yeah Steve can do so much better. Hopefully we'll get either the Mescal Kid album he teased or the tracks that have more of that Size Records sound.

But fair play to him for sticking to his vision for the album, it's definitely better than anything Axwell /\ Ingrosso have put out so far

Aomber

Wild Youth has grown on me and I do really enjoy it now, but yeah Steve can do so much better. Hopefully we'll get either the Mescal Kid album he teased or the tracks that have more of that Size Records sound.

But fair play to him for sticking to his vision for the album, it's definitely better than anything Axwell /\ Ingrosso have put out so far

I completely agree with the latter part of your post. I was hyped about the axwell ingrosso collab at first but, respectfully, I wouldn't say any of their music up to now has been all that good. I don't know if they're planning on an album but I'm really not expecting much if so.

Anyway yeah album isn't BAD but... I can enjoy that type of progressive house only to a degree. It was too prominent on the album for me and felt too familiar and similar. I respect his vision but in 2016 it's hard to make an album that's interesting that has wall to wall music like that - not impossible but hard.

I'm going to Tomorrowland, yeyyyy
Congrats! Is this your first time? You're gonna have an absolute blast. Definitely check out as many side stages as you can and explore, that's the beauty of the festival.

I will have to return some day, it's far and away better than any festival I've been to.

Aomber

So sounds like I'm *probably* going to Madeon's Pixel Empire show next month! :D If you guys haven't noticed I'm a huge fucking Madeon fan so that gets me excited

Here's a little tour recap video he posted today from last year's tour

ADVENTURE CUT (tour recap)

-------------------------------

Also this

12631502_10153234089341962_1426127380098165911_n.png

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, can't wait for the Prydz album to drop. I'm going to both of his SF shows in February, so I gotta start getting into the Prydz groove.

cdyhybrid

Washington GAF, anyone know when USC announces Paradiso 2016 dates? or is it even happening this year....?
Should be soon, but it's traditionally the weekend after EDC LV. Headliners get announced at their big festival Lucky in mid-March, full lineup in late May.

Aomber

Edit: I apologize for the rant, this isn't the first time I've brought this up in this thread. I just get really frustrated by this because I love music more than anything and it fucking sucks to be disappointed repeatedly. I understand nobody I know feels nearly as passionately as I do about music but my frustration roots from just common decency, understanding what's required for proper planning, and proper communication.

I rarely go to shows anymore because my experience of trying to commit people into going to these events is impossible. Madeon sold out before I could nail down my friend, now they're way more expensive and it would mean supporting scalpers.

Why don't people understand the urgency of buying tickets when they're available? I find this to be universally true with people who don't follow music very closely. One time a cousin of mine expressed interest in going to Tomorrowland – comes to the time and I don't hear from him, he texted me back four weeks later telling me he couldn't come. I made it explicitly clear beforehand the tickets sell out in less than an hour.

I just don't get it. It's not hard to understand that popular events and artists are going to sell out. Trying to organize these things with people ends up being more stressful than it's worth. I prefer just not going at all if that's what I have to deal with. In this case I won't go solo either because I was planning to make a trip to new york city for this event.

Yeah I'm salty.

Kozak

Banned
Had SBCR/Bloody Betroots in Sydney last night...

A DJ group I'm involved with was a partner at the event and had their own side stage with a bunch of friends on the roster. Unfortunately our group is really strong and we ended up packing out our side stage, leaving the main stage and other side stages fairly empty..

So the venue tried to close the side stages to fill the main stage. Obviously everyone was quite upset cause most people bought tickets and came to the show just for their mates who are playing.

So because of the uproar, they had to re-open the side stages except for one of them.

SBCR/Bloody Betroots was annoyed at the lack of crowd and decided to cut his set well short..

Sucks for the local DJs too. They pushed tickets, advertised the event and provided music all for free and still got burnt. The worst part is all they can do is suck it up or receive a mark against their name in the industry..

Aomber

On a more positive note I figured I'd post REZZ's full EP that was released on mau5trap. I think quite a few of you will appreciate this, she's got a sound that somewhat resembles Gesaffelstein. Hope she goes places.

REZZ - The Silence is Deafening EP

Had SBCR/Bloody Betroots in Sydney last night...

A DJ group I'm involved with was a partner at the event and had their own side stage with a bunch of friends on the roster. Unfortunately our group is really strong and we ended up packing out our side stage, leaving the main stage and other side stages fairly empty..

So the venue tried to close the side stages to fill the main stage. Obviously everyone was quite upset cause most people bought tickets and came to the show just for their mates who are playing.

So because of the uproar, they had to re-open the side stages except for one of them.

SBCR/Bloody Betroots was annoyed at the lack of crowd and decided to cut his set well short..

Sucks for the local DJs too. They pushed tickets, advertised the event and provided music all for free and still got burnt. The worst part is all they can do is suck it up or receive a mark against their name in the industry..
Wow that sucks =\ never heard of anything like that happening here. That's weird though why would they close the side stages just to crowd up the main stage? Not sure I follow the inclination of the organizers to do that.

cdyhybrid

I rarely go to shows anymore because my experience of trying to commit people into going to these events is impossible. Madeon sold out before I could nail down my friend, now they're way more expensive and it would mean supporting scalpers.

Jesus christ. Why don't people understand the urgency of buying tickets when they're available? I find this to be universally true with people who don't follow music very closely. One time a cousin of mine expressed interest in going to Tomorrowland – comes to the time and I don't hear from him, he texted me back four weeks later telling me he couldn't come. I made it explicitly clear beforehand the tickets sell out in less than an hour.

I just don't get it. It's not hard to understand that popular events and artists are going to sell out. Trying to organize these things with people ends up being more stressful than it's worth. I prefer just not going at all if that's what I have to deal with. In this case I won't go solo either because I was planning to make a trip to new york city for this event.

Yeah I'm salty.
Heh I finally got through to people about this, we'd have everyone on the page refreshing 5 minutes before sales go live, and I'd be the only one that managed to get some before tickets sold out in the span of a refresh. It's pretty discouraging.

Aomber

Wolfgang Gartner previews 10 track album

Thoughts? It seems like it could be a pretty good album to put on for a party, kind of reminds me of the feeling I got from the Galantis album. Like, it's not trying to take itself too seriously or make a "statement" or anything - just a casual fun album.

And for those who haven't heard it, this is the full version of the last song on the album. Full album releases the 29th of January.

Wolfgang Gartner - Unholy feat. Bobby Saint (Lyric Video)

Heh I finally got through to people about this, we'd have everyone on the page refreshing 5 minutes before sales go live, and I'd be the only one that managed to get some before tickets sold out in the span of a refresh. It's pretty discouraging.
Exactly. It's a pretty stressful process trying to get tickets for a demanding event under the best of circumstances. Having to battle with people to try to help them understand this makes it a lot more difficult, they want to go to said event but treat it way too casually.

mr stroke

Edit: I apologize for the rant, this isn't the first time I've brought this up in this thread. I just get really frustrated by this because I love music more than anything and it fucking sucks to be disappointed repeatedly. I understand nobody I know feels nearly as passionately as I do about music but my frustration roots from just common decency, understanding what's required for proper planning, and proper communication.

Why don't people understand the urgency of buying tickets when they're available?
I find this to be universally true with people who don't follow music very closely. One time a cousin of mine expressed interest in going to Tomorrowland – comes to the time and I don't hear from him, he texted me back four weeks later telling me he couldn't come. I made it explicitly clear beforehand the tickets sell out in less than an hour.

Yeah I'm salty.

Sounds like were in need of a GAF EDM festival trip :p

BUT welcome to the world of irresponsible friends buying tickets :\

I must have bought so many damn tickets for friends that never paid me back. Can't trust anyone to get tickets on time or even make an effort anymore lol. Me and my wife just had to front 4 Coachella tickets for our friends since they all suck :(

mr stroke

Enjoy getting baked alive in the sun! Haha J/K but really.... prepare for the heat.

ouch...

I am getting a little burnt out on EDC and Electric Forest is sold out so we are strongly considering Paradiso, but danm if GAF isn't talking me down. I can deal with the heat(it can't be hotter than EDC in the Vegas right?) its just the camping portion (and the general lack of USC booking techno ) that I really don't want to deal with.

cdyhybrid

ouch...

I am getting a little burnt out on EDC and Electric Forest is sold out so we are strongly considering Paradiso, but danm if GAF isn't talking me down. I can deal with the heat(it can't be hotter than EDC in the Vegas right?) its just the camping portion (and the general lack of USC booking techno ) that I really don't want to deal with.
It won't be hotter than EDC (could be close though depending on how the summer goes), but it does start at 3pm instead of after the sun goes down. The sun also comes up at like 630am so it'll be hard to sleep in between the light and the heat. They do have those shower trucks at the camping grounds, which are a godsend.

That said, The Gorge is fucking amazing. The absolute best venue on the planet. Nothing like sitting on that hill and watching the sun go down.

It won't be hotter than EDC (could be close though depending on how the summer goes), but it does start at 3pm instead of after the sun goes down. The sun also comes up at like 630am so it'll be hard to sleep in between the light and the heat. They do have those shower trucks at the camping grounds, which are a godsend.

That said, The Gorge is fucking amazing. The absolute best venue on the planet. Nothing like sitting on that hill and watching the sun go down.

Shower trucks are for general if you book premier or terrance you get actual shower and actual bathrooms! Yes ones where you can flush and shit with actual toilets!

Only do general if you want a shit show and be up all night. If you want any sleep at all do terrace or premier.

I thought the heat last year was way worst then EDC. Or maybe EDC just wasn't as bad as when I went.

cdyhybrid

Shower trucks are for general if you book premier or terrance you get actual shower and actual bathrooms! Yes ones where you can flush and shit with actual toilets!

Only do general if you want a shit show and be up all night. If you want any sleep at all do terrace or premier.

I thought the heat last year was way worst then EDC. Or maybe EDC just wasn't as bad as when I went.
It was 102F at 4am last year :lol

Aomber

BUT welcome to the world of irresponsible friends buying tickets :\

I must have bought so many damn tickets for friends that never paid me back. Can't trust anyone to get tickets on time or even make an effort anymore lol. Me and my wife just had to front 4 Coachella tickets for our friends since they all suck :(

Yeah that sucks... I just stopped trying to organize them completely, no festival or concert plans for the foreseeable future. On the flip side, my experiences resulted in me just burying myself in writing my own music more than ever, been a musician all my life so maybe something better will come out of that.

Not a show but have seen his set at a festival. It was as expected. Some of his shit plus some popular shit at the time.
This. Basically the same as any other bigroom DJ, depends if you're into that.

I am getting a little burnt out on EDC.
A lot of people told me that the crowd had gone seriously downhill last year compared to a couple years prior. I'd never been to EDC before last year but I could tell there were too many people there for the wrong reasons. It was commonplace to meet people who literally didn't know another artist outside of Tiesto and were way too out of it. Between that and the logistical issues it definitely wasn't my favorite festival, still had a good time though and saw some great artists.

Ashhong

BUT welcome to the world of irresponsible friends buying tickets :

I'm always the one responsible for buying tickets for my friends. But they don't get their fucking ticket until I see money in my venmo. Have to draw a line lol

EDC fell off when it moved to Vegas. Went to LA the last year in 2010 and then Vegas in 2011 and there was a HUGE difference. It wasn't terrible yet, but goddamn LA was magical. I know it's a pretty common statement but it's true.

Ashhong

Eric Prydz played 2 new songs from his album on his radio show last week apparently. Anybody have links to the songs individually?

L1NETT

some right good musics coming out

Top of the list is this two track EP from Claude vonstroke and Green Velvet, calling themselves Get Real. Mind You Bizness is sooooo gooooooooooood

Mind Yo Bizness
Snuffaluffagus

next is the Lemaitre EP '1749'. Pretty nifty, like the Giraffage track quite a bit.

new Wolfgang Gartner also available for streaming. It's better than I thought it'd be, but that isn't saying much. Few bursts of electro goodness, but the tired song structure and downright embarrassing lyrics firmly keep it in the fun but forgettable camp.

Ashhong

Blackout by Tritonal finally came out today!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUrbvX4mOHg

Damn perfect timing. I was just coming in here to show the drama going on with Tritonal right now. Shit's going down!

I don't have like an artitle about it, I got it on a post in a private EDM group on facebook. But here's a small part of it

https://www.facebook.com/djchristop...824/10153425534892825/?type=3&hc_location=ufi

edit: also https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxmXjgiE5ko6SS1oTEN6NDFfUnM/view

Dresden in there schooling Tritonal. Good stuff

Top Bottom