• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

cdyhybrid

Damn perfect timing. I was just coming in here to show the drama going on with Tritonal right now. Shit's going down!

I don't have like an artitle about it, I got it on a post in a private EDM group on facebook. But here's a small part of it

https://www.facebook.com/djchristop...824/10153425534892825/?type=3&hc_location=ufi

edit: also https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxmXjgiE5ko6SS1oTEN6NDFfUnM/view

Dresden in there schooling Tritonal. Good stuff
SMH

In unrelated news, I'm seeing Max Graham open to close in March and haven't listened to anything Tritonal or seen them DJ in years.

cdyhybrid

om2gyOmh.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: I apologize for the rant, this isn't the first time I've brought this up in this thread. I just get really frustrated by this because I love music more than anything and it fucking sucks to be disappointed repeatedly. I understand nobody I know feels nearly as passionately as I do about music but my frustration roots from just common decency, understanding what's required for proper planning, and proper communication.

I rarely go to shows anymore because my experience of trying to commit people into going to these events is impossible. Madeon sold out before I could nail down my friend, now they're way more expensive and it would mean supporting scalpers.

Why don't people understand the urgency of buying tickets when they're available? I find this to be universally true with people who don't follow music very closely. One time a cousin of mine expressed interest in going to Tomorrowland – comes to the time and I don't hear from him, he texted me back four weeks later telling me he couldn't come. I made it explicitly clear beforehand the tickets sell out in less than an hour.

I just don't get it. It's not hard to understand that popular events and artists are going to sell out. Trying to organize these things with people ends up being more stressful than it's worth. I prefer just not going at all if that's what I have to deal with. In this case I won't go solo either because I was planning to make a trip to new york city for this event.

Yeah I'm salty.

I'm a bit late to this but I think I'm lucky in the sense that most of my friends are people I go to shows and concerts with, so whenever there's a big show or festival that we're excited for we generally have a dozen or so people furiously hitting F5 trying to buy tickets. So whenever I can't get an order in I can always rely on a friend having some extras.

However I'm finding that recently that my music tastes are diverging from my friends' tastes and I haven't been going to shows that I really want to go to. I think I may start going to shows solo since I don't really want to rely on my friends if there's an artist I really want to see. I suggest you do the same - just go to the shows yourself! It's better than sitting at home being salty about it.

Blackout by Tritonal finally came out today!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUrbvX4mOHg

Damn perfect timing. I was just coming in here to show the drama going on with Tritonal right now. Shit's going down!

I don't have like an artitle about it, I got it on a post in a private EDM group on facebook. But here's a small part of it

https://www.facebook.com/djchristop...824/10153425534892825/?type=3&hc_location=ufi

Pft hahahahahaha..... Oh wait, he's serious! Let me laugh more hahahahahahahaha. Tritonal don't get to say shit.

Look, I still fucks with you Tritonal but you can't be saying shit like that when the both of you ditched your own fanbase to chase easy money. Don't be dissing these older DJs and producers who paved the way for the both of you to get to where you two are.

You do you boo boo.

Btw that new track is garbage. I like trap and their attempt at trap is bad.

I get it. You guys like to experience new sounds and whatnot but stick to what you both know. Go back to shit like Electric Glow bruhs. Stop chasing easy money and make a name for yourselves. Because right now you two are looking like the edgy duo that jumps on current trends. Sure, you two are possibly the better sounds coming from Spinnin' Records but don't act like you two can start spitting some knowledge when you lost most of your integrity to begin with.

Oh and btw the better duo, Vicetone, just released their short tutorial on their new track for LoL.

Sai-kun

Banned
Edit: I apologize for the rant, this isn't the first time I've brought this up in this thread. I just get really frustrated by this because I love music more than anything and it fucking sucks to be disappointed repeatedly. I understand nobody I know feels nearly as passionately as I do about music but my frustration roots from just common decency, understanding what's required for proper planning, and proper communication.

I rarely go to shows anymore because my experience of trying to commit people into going to these events is impossible. Madeon sold out before I could nail down my friend, now they're way more expensive and it would mean supporting scalpers.

Why don't people understand the urgency of buying tickets when they're available? I find this to be universally true with people who don't follow music very closely. One time a cousin of mine expressed interest in going to Tomorrowland – comes to the time and I don't hear from him, he texted me back four weeks later telling me he couldn't come. I made it explicitly clear beforehand the tickets sell out in less than an hour.

I just don't get it. It's not hard to understand that popular events and artists are going to sell out. Trying to organize these things with people ends up being more stressful than it's worth. I prefer just not going at all if that's what I have to deal with. In this case I won't go solo either because I was planning to make a trip to new york city for this event.

Yeah I'm salty.

Dude i feel ALL of this, omfg.

I can't always blame people who don't go to shows a lot, because maybe they don't know/understand better, but I totally feel the same way as you in regards to how there's definitely a proper way to communicate and organize when it comes to going to shows.

Aomber

I'm a bit late to this but I think I'm lucky in the sense that most of my friends are people I go to shows and concerts with, so whenever there's a big show or festival that we're excited for we generally have a dozen or so people furiously hitting F5 trying to buy tickets. So whenever I can't get an order in I can always rely on a friend having some extras.

However I'm finding that recently that my music tastes are diverging from my friends' tastes and I haven't been going to shows that I really want to go to. I think I may start going to shows solo since I don't really want to rely on my friends if there's an artist I really want to see. I suggest you do the same - just go to the shows yourself! It's better than sitting at home being salty about it.
Yeah that's nice, there's definitely people like that out there, just not where I'm from. Especially because at my college people are into really shit hip hop more or less. I can relate to the change in taste too, my best friend has gotten really into techno (who is living in Australia temporarily so we haven't done anything recently), which I enjoy to an extent but I tend to lean towards stuff that's more on the melodic and experimental side. Luckily there are festivals that do both of those.

See I do go to shows solo, I actually went to EDC Vegas solo as well as EDC week. Had a fucking blast, went to this conference called EDMBiz and I met a ton of really cool people and we got free access to more or less every club in town every night. But I digress - the thing is my situation right now doesn't really let me do that often since I go to college in central new york state. There are shows around here but it's guys like Hardwell which I'm not really interested in. I am graduating after this semester so that's going to change, but right now if I want to go to a show it means going to Boston or New York City which means a lot of time and money, I can't really justify that solo. The most recent show I went to was Zedd back in October, in that case I was heading home for a weekend and I was passing right by the town it was being held in so I dropped in.

Aomber

LOL I love this so much. Baauer "performed" his new single on the late show with stephen colbert. But I say "performed" in quotes because he did so by sitting on the interviewing couch, pressing play on his laptop, while the singer performed on stage.

Baauer Performs 'Day Ones’ ft Leikeli47

That's amazing hahahaha, at least he was honest, it's so goofy seeing a DJ just get up on stage to jump up and down for one song on these kinda late shows. My favorite is when artists actually make a version that they perform on stage with real instruments and what not but nevertheless I found this to be hilarious.

Talonz

Meh, Blackout is still good. Is he a douche? yeah! lol

Ashhong

Meh, Blackout is still good. Is he a douche? yeah! lol

Blackout is ok. There is much better out there if you are into that genre of music (I don't even know what to call it). It's not terrible though. Not surprised that they jumped into that genre lol.

I went back and listened to their Piercing the Quiet album and holy shit they were good. Everafter, Still With Me, Lifted. What could have been...

Blackout is ok. There is much better out there if you are into that genre of music (I don't even know what to call it). It's not terrible though. Not surprised that they jumped into that genre lol.

I went back and listened to their Piercing the Quiet album and holy shit they were good. Everafter, Still With Me, Lifted. What could have been...

I would call Blackout Trap House? Prog Trap House? Tritonal still has the melodic vocals that they are known for and I love that tbh.

But their older sounds are godlike though.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So not sure if this is the right place, but I'm trying to broaden my musical tastes and have stumbled upon electronic music. And I'm looking for some recommendations.

So far the ones I've fallen in love with have been - Daft Punk, Kavinsky, and Lazerhawk. I've checked out 2-3 Deadmau5 songs but the ones I listened to at least were a bit too... dubsteppy? for my tastes.

So not sure if this is the right place, but I'm trying to broaden my musical tastes and have stumbled upon electronic music. And I'm looking for some recommendations.

So far the ones I've fallen in love with have been - Daft Punk, Kavinsky, and Lazerhawk. I've checked out 2-3 Deadmau5 songs but the ones I listened to at least were a bit too... dubsteppy? for my tastes.

Sounds like you like French house! I am no expert on this genre but I'm sure you can do some googling on this style.

Aomber

Some Justice and Madeon off the top of my head would fit your tastes.

Justice - D.A.N.C.E. - †

Madeon - Pay No Mind (ft. Passion Pit)

Sounds like you listened to the only 2 or 3 songs mau5 made that were dubsteppy :p here's some other recommendations

deadmau5 - Strobe

deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember [HQ]

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Deadmau5 Remix)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Some Justice and Madeon off the top of my head would fit your tastes.

Justice - D.A.N.C.E. - †

Madeon - Pay No Mind (ft. Passion Pit)

Sounds like you listened to the only 2 or 3 songs mau5 made that were dubsteppy :p here's some other recommendations

deadmau5 - Strobe

deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember [HQ]

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Deadmau5 Remix)

Justice - Fantastic.

Madeon - Listened to that track and the next one youtube recommended. A bit more hip-hop than I would like. I think it's just the vocals though. I've mostly listed to prog/hard rock and metal in the past fwiw.

The deadmau tracks there - Much much better. Good shit. Also while stumbling around tonight also discovered Mega Drive which I'm also loving if that gives another idea of what I like.

Ashhong

Justice - Fantastic.

Madeon - Listened to that track and the next one youtube recommended. A bit more hip-hop than I would like. I think it's just the vocals though. I've mostly listed to prog/hard rock and metal in the past fwiw.

The deadmau tracks there - Much much better. Good shit. Also while stumbling around tonight also discovered Mega Drive which I'm also loving if that gives another idea of what I like.

You'll probably like Kaskades older stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl9lQonO_RQ

How are you with trance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZ8jEZggGQ

Anth0ny

Yeah I'm salty.

I'm totally with you. At this point I just buy two tickets to every show I want to go to. Tickets go so fast it's buy now, think later. Most of the time I'm able to convince a friend to come with, but everyone is so fucking lazy/shitty at planning things in advance that it's impossible to co-ordinate these things properly since everything sells out so damn fast.

I have tickets for shows in April at this point, and as soon as tickets go on sale for the Summer festivals I'll be buying them.

Aomber

I'm totally with you. At this point I just buy two tickets to every show I want to go to. Tickets go so fast it's buy now, think later. Most of the time I'm able to convince a friend to come with, but everyone is so fucking lazy/shitty at planning things in advance that it's impossible to co-ordinate these things properly since everything sells out so damn fast.

I have tickets for shows in April at this point, and as soon as tickets go on sale for the Summer festivals I'll be buying them.
I used to do that until I couldn't find anyone to go with even after months of having two tickets so it was just a waste of money.

Aomber

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Filing for bankruptcy doesn't really mean much, they'll still continue to operate. It just gives them freedom to reorganize their debt and hopefully come out of bankruptcy with a healthier balance sheet.

Aomber

Filing for bankruptcy doesn't really mean much, they'll still continue to operate. It just gives them freedom to reorganize their debt and hopefully come out of bankruptcy with a healthier balance sheet.

Yeah I get that, but they haven't been doing well for a little while now, especially considering the news about TomorrowWorld. This time last year they had been talking about 2015's edition for some time and the 2016 edition hasn't been mentioned at all.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, Prydz just announced that Sebastien Leger will be opening all his EPIC 4.0 shows. I would have expected Fehrplay or someone else on the Pryda label. This will be interesting!

Aomber

Just bought some Beats Studios by Doctor Dre :) I am so excited to finally own a pair of the best headphones in the world

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gIwhgH0.png

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What the, did you change your name?

That was pretty nice, a bit mellow for my tastes but should be a solid opener for Prydz

Haha yup. My old name was from like middle school so I thought it was time to update it. :)

That song is pretty mellow, but I think most of his stuff is in the tech house genre, which I think will be a good opener for the Pryda + Cirez D to follow.

Jarnet87

Will buy Opus later. Also Prydz last Beats One episode for the season. I hope he only takes a month or two off before getting back to it.

Aomber

Some great stuff on this album, quite a bit more diverse than I was actually expecting which I really like. It mostly retains the same tempo yet does a good job at making each track noticeably different. Production and engineering is really clean and classy, and the usual great chords and melodies from Prydz.

If I had to offer a couple criticisms I would say firstly that I'm not totally sold on some of the vocal choices on the album. Secondly, the album is too long. 2 hours 5 minutes is a lot to swallow, I would have preferred something shorter, and a lot of that has to do with the really long intros and outros that serve no real purpose other than for DJ mixes. I guess there's a clear idea on how it's supposed to be listened to, but it seems hard for me personally to listen to the whole thing actively – I found myself skipping ahead in songs often.

Ashhong

Some great stuff on this album, quite a bit more diverse than I was actually expecting which I really like. It mostly retains the same tempo yet does a good job at making each track noticeably different. Production and engineering is really clean and classy, and the usual great chords and melodies from Prydz.

If I had to offer a couple criticisms I would say firstly that I'm not totally sold on some of the vocal choices on the album. Secondly, the album is too long. 2 hours 5 minutes is a lot to swallow, I would have preferred something shorter, and a lot of that has to do with the really long intros and outros that serve no real purpose other than for DJ mixes. I guess there's a clear idea on how it's supposed to be listened to, but it seems hard for me personally to listen to the whole thing actively – I found myself skipping ahead in songs often.

I agree about the length of the album as a whole, but I don't think cutting down the intros or outros are the solution. I don't get the impression that these tracks are designed for DJ mixes. I think he uses those intros to build the specifically build the song up.

Top Bottom