• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes |OT| One Hero For Every Season Since the Last Good Suikoden Game

Which Platform Are You Playing On?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Xbox / Game Pass

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Steam

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Epic Games Store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOG

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

nikolino840

Who thinks is a fun gamplay the random fights in this place?
DdjFT8Z.png

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Beat the game last night and loved it. Clocked 100 hours, I never thought it'd be that long. Granted, some of it was idle time.

I was disappointed that you don't actually get to fight the dux except in a duel. like WTF.

Anyway, I'll do some post game stuff, then on to the next game!

bosnianpie

I'm over 20 hours in now and I love it. Addicting gameplay, almost like Pokémon with "collecting" new characters and making them stronger. Base building is fun and the story keeps you engaged.

Beat the game last night and loved it. Clocked 100 hours, I never thought it'd be that long. Granted, some of it was idle time.

I was disappointed that you don't actually get to fight the dux except in a duel. like WTF.

Anyway, I'll do some post game stuff, then on to the next game!

Did you recruit all 120 characters? 👀

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Did you recruit all 120 characters? 👀
Yeah got them all. Fully done with the game now. I started the trial of heroes thing and it was just too boring and pointless. Even with the equips there’s nothing to use them all once you get them because that’s the toughest challenge in the game so it’s like what’s the point?

Like some other side things in the game they made it too long. 26 stages? GTFOH. That’s one of the game’s flaws to me some of the side stuff like cooking they made it way too long for no reason. It becomes a total chore.

Yeah got them all. Fully done with the game now. I started the trial of heroes thing and it was just too boring and pointless. Even with the equips there’s nothing to use them all once you get them because that’s the toughest challenge in the game so it’s like what’s the point?

Like some other side things in the game they made it too long. 26 stages? GTFOH. That’s one of the game’s flaws to me some of the side stuff like cooking they made it way too long for no reason. It becomes a total chore.

What did you think of that one race that you had to finish under the time limit to recruit Scarlet. That was an extra pain for me due to sucking at racing games

Pallas

What did you think of that one race that you had to finish under the time limit to recruit Scarlet. That was an extra pain for me due to sucking at racing games
Shi’arc racing stuff was incredibly annoying until I learned that using the directional keypad and not the analog sticks made it a million times more manageable. I just recruited Scarlett and Yuferius. I always take my time on these games, I’m already at 70+ hours.

Butler man(I forgot his name) and the bag character are so far the best two suppprt characters in the game as far up as Shi’arc arc.

Shi’arc racing stuff was incredibly annoying until I learned that using the directional keypad and not the analog sticks made it a million times more manageable. I just recruited Scarlett and Yuferius. I always take my time on these games, I’m already at 70+ hours.

Butler man(I forgot his name) and the bag character are so far the best two suppprt characters in the game as far up as Shi’arc arc.

One of the few issues I have with the game is I wish the Attendant spot was more than using one character. The other Attendant spots aren't really Attendant spots and are used to put characters you have to have in your party but don't want to use

I had to make tough decisions like pairing up a Accessory that decreases encounter rate with an Attendant that also decreases encounter rate. That was basically my cheat to get no random battles. I just used the basement arena in my headquarters to grind my characters quickly Or use a Attendant that triples my running speed and an accessory that doubles my running speed which would make me run super fast. And not to mention the inventory limit. So I had to make concessions which was annoying. I wish that the Attendant spots were at least two to three more instead of just being able to use one character

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I didn’t have trouble with it for whatever reason, I had more trouble with the mandatory story one for some reason. But I practiced before I did the story one a bunch of times so I got pretty good at the controls and timing so maybe that helped.

I didn’t have trouble with it for whatever reason, I had more trouble with the mandatory story one for some reason. But I practiced before I did the story one a bunch of times so I got pretty good at the controls and timing so maybe that helped.

Funny enough with the mandatory story race, I failed one time and loaded my save before and got to second place on my second time. Compare that with that optional race to recruit Scarlett which I found much harder to do

I just wish it wasn't mandatory to get all 120 characters to get the good ending.

Also Beigomi was fun but kind of a time waster

I loved the card minigame

I was able to recruit all 120 characters

I haven't done post game yet but by the time I beat the game, my characters I used in my party were around 65 to 70

When I go back to do Post Game, I'm going to 💯 the rest of the game

Pallas

I’m currently stuck on Beigoma, I’m at the last Spinister(fire one) and I’m having trouble winning two rounds. I do have Pawn Demon and bear rider, along with the previous 3 Spinister tops.

anthony2690

Genuinely really annoyed I missed the Xbox physical for this game.

The only one I see on eBay is £1000 😭

I want it for the collection so bad 😅

anthony2690

Going for that much? Damn. I got a Xbox physical release.
It's not selling, I think they are hoping it will go for that much :p
It's been up for quite a while, but it's the ONLY Xbox listing I've seen.

But feel free to send it my way 👀
I'll happily look after it :p

nikolino840

Finished. Not 100% ... 105 heroes recruited, castle lvl.4 but not all buildings (the theater is the best imho)
72hrs
I liked

Last edited:
Well...about the ending hem...was a little bugged 😅 i've skipped some dialogues...but it's an ending..i don't know if there's some differences if you complete 100% .. there's a good ending?

Yeah if you get all the characters you get the good ending. I love the game but I felt that the good ending should have been there as the normal ending. Also I don't blame you some of the characters you have to recruit have hard minigames

Last edited:
Top Bottom