• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Sentenza

It is time….

yB9uv7K.jpg
...YOU CHEESY KIWI FUCKER.

WoodyStare

A boss towards the beginning of this game is kicking my ass right now. I know I should probably come back, but I come so close to beating him each try. All I can hear in the back of my mind is “hesitation is defeat”.

Last edited:

NickFire

Still blown away by the scores it picked up. What a day for everyone, regardless of platform. Never believed a company would hit the nail this head on for two generations of machines. i hope they blow their sales expectations out of the water.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Fucking trainee came in so I have to train her instead of play this. How much can we talk about what we are doing in the game, btw? Like can we talk about certain enemies and where we found them? Besides bosses and the lore, does anything go or only in a spoiler thread?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Fucking trainee came in so I have to train her instead of play this. How much can we talk about what we are doing in the game, btw? Like can we talk about certain enemies and where we found them? Besides bosses and the lore, does anything go or only in a spoiler thread?
I guess it's enough if you just tag anything you'd consider a spoiler. Enemies, locations, items, bosses... I would put all of that in spoiler tags.

WoodyStare

Soulsborne vets - what do you think of the difficulty? Is it challenging?
A boss towards the beginning gave me some trouble for a while but I eventually beat him. Probably would’ve been easier to level up and come back, but he wasn’t too bad once I got used to his moveset. It’s definitely going to be a challenge initially for newcomers.

Black Chamber Black Chamber mods told me I’m suppose to give you some love.

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

Thanks for the thread you did a great job with it.
You are very welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it😊
That's why I said if it had shadows and ambient occlusion it would literally trump nearly all games graphics-wise. This is the kind of art that is clearly a vision from really creative artists.
Agreed 110%.

I truly hope that the RT patch adds shadows when holding a torch💯
I dont care about Elden Ring much but you've got to respect that intro. Great job chamber.
Black Chamber Black Chamber congrats. thats a lot of work
Nice work Black Chamber Black Chamber ! Enjoy the night/tomorrow and the many playthroughs to come along the years everyone.
Congratulations Black Chamber for the great OT :giggle:(y)
Have fun with the game Elden Ring bros :pie_raybans:(y)
🙏🏻Thank you all so much!🙏🏻

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Did you like the accompanying soundtrack?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Copying from disc on ps5 is strange. Disc starts and stops(but files still copy). Usually with other games it spins fast until it is finished.

Ladioss

I've just discovered my preorder was canceled last december without me noticing it. I instantly bought a steam key, hopefully preload finish its job in time for EU release (and my potato PC can run it).

dV8tR

Neo Member
I started working on this OT on June 10th - Right after seeing and being incredibly overwhelmed with hype by the Elden ring gameplay trailer at the Summer Game Fest...and I just finished it right beforevI wrote this -- at 5:20 AM on Wednesday, February 23rd 2022.

That's a solid 8 months of effort and hard work to put this thing together.

Creating gifs isn't the easiest thing & having filesize limitations governing where you can host them is even tougher; especially when you're shooting for at least an HD quality to every gif. FromSoftware is one of the greatest game developers ever and I felt that they deserved the hard work and effort I put into this OT, due to the likewise manner in which they produce their products.

I'm always inspired by other OT creators everywhere. Here, there's Komatsu & cormack12, there's Zeta Dragoon, regawdless, Kadayi, HariSeldon & Mista on D-Pad & there's ifirez and vestan on Era. Everyone has their own unique style and take on things and it's always such an incredible pleasure to view the hard work of others and see their hype pour out through their art.

I truly & sincerely hope that you enjoyed this OT. I apologize for the load time, but it was necessary for the quality of the images🤘🏻💯

All my love & respect,

AM-JKLXWxVDQVF6N0HO_mnCCtrbPWuKdx-BQrd2zOd65rkwSmcZv0WodYoGVj861EOxJNOnuBbDYiUYp7WZw8YtS8uOLUKMfMjpGRyg6DhFhaxHqf3XWAREewf5C_WC8xFGumxF6cm5cqJUI3anQ_0F20xqe=w1082-h226-no
Thank you for this EPIC EPIC EPIC OT! Learned so much more about the game. Super hyped! See you guys out in The Lands Between 🔥🔥. Best

I just started and I think I'm already going to reroll my character.

I chose golden seed as my starting gift, didn't realize there would stoneward key locked area in beginner area.

anyone explore this area? for all I know it could have a golden seed!

Pejo

I've already preloaded the game, but now I'm wondering if I should just uninstall it and download it again when it releases. On Steam, I feel that the unpack step takes twice as long as the download, at least with my internet bandwidth.

Whatever gets me in-game fastest.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've already preloaded the game, but now I'm wondering if I should just uninstall it and download it again when it releases. On Steam, I feel that the unpack step takes twice as long as the download, at least with my internet bandwidth.

Whatever gets me in-game fastest.
I'm in the same boat. Though about the doing just that, uninstalling and then downloading once the game is out, but... What if Steam's servers go fuck once everyone starts downloading?

Ristifer

Legendary OT. Well done, Chamber! Not sure when I'll even have my hands on the game itself, but I'm hoping it'll be soon. Just along for the ride right now.

TintoConCasera

Mine comes tomorrow, so to people playing this game before me, from bottom of my heart.....

7S8E.gif
Best wishes fren, hopefully it arrives tomorrow and they don't mess it up for you again like with SMT V. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

My plan is to play just one or two hours tonight, then go to sleep and no-life the game tomorrow, since I have the day off.

That's a meaty 1st post right there, OP 👍

I'm definitely considering picking this up, even if just for PS4 (I hope it would be upgradable to PS5 version later with that $10 upgrade fee). Although at the pace I'd likely play it, it'd take years for me to finish :S

Hinedorf

Banned
When 3PM hits I'm both off work and the game is live but I'm just struggling on a decision for class/build. Having only really played BB and Sekiro to completion I don't fully know what to expect in a DS character build though I've done plenty of research. Was considering Confessor magic sword/shield hybrid but also read a lot of stuff that hybrid and not solid focus can make you too weak in end game.

Again, Black Chamber Black Chamber has done GAF proud with this amazing OT. I remember fondly putting together the original Demon's Souls/Dark Souls OTs, what a legacy of amazing FromSoft/Soulsborne OTs we have here.

Now I wish I had a free and clear schedule this evening so I could just dive into this for hours. Such is life though, hope I can get a few hours in before I am completely exhausted :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Ok, home now on my CX. It looks beautiful and is super smooth. God bless VRR. My wretch got his first two drops off the first soldier kill. His helmet and long sword. It's coming together..This is amazing
Okay you convinced me on going wretch. Did the same in DS3 and really enjoyed growing up step by step.

Again, Black Chamber Black Chamber has done GAF proud with this amazing OT. I remember fondly putting together the original Demon's Souls OT, what a legacy of amazing FromSoft/Soulsborne OTs we have here.

Now I wish I had a free and clear schedule this evening so I could just dive into this for hours. Such is life though, hope I can get a few hours in before I am completely exhausted :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I'm ever so happy you enjoyed it!🙏🏻💯

Apeopleman

Hey guys does anyone know when you get the coop bell/whistle/ring whatever to play with friends? Im a from software experienced player but they are compete noobs and they are getting on with me at 12 midnight tonight and I need to hold their hands. Thank you

Top Bottom