• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

fresquito

You guys want to nerf a character before we even had like 3 tournaments. Balrog won one so far and I don't see him dominating.
I'm guilting of wanting a nerf on a char that has above average HPs, awesome buttons, insane damage and corner carry whith specials that are mostly safe on block if you have any brain to space them properly or use bars.

Again, I don't want brainless characters in my game.

FluxWaveZ

You guys want to nerf a character before we even had like 3 tournaments. Balrog won one so far and I don't see him dominating.

A character doesn't need to dominate on a tournament level to be fundamentally too powerful. Same for an underperforming character to be fundamentally weak.

Wallach

Mika was the most destroyed character of S1 and she barely won anything.

Get outta here, Chun got bodied much harder than Mika. Mika was immediately back in top 3 when we got back to the CPT, Chun's busy eating outta the fucking dumpster.

It's time, baby

EXd5i69.png

I cant believe steve said that
he must not know about the other meaning of that word

He definitely knows. They were talking about doughnuts. Said he'd like to see that "box"(you know what that means), then said its probably a trap though...maybe to save himself the "embarrassment" of people thinking he's attracted to a transgender person? Dude screwed up. Them bringing in new Commentators isnt a surprise

Syntsui

Can Daifraud do it

Mika was the most destroyed character of S1 and she barely won anything.

It was idiotic to nerf her, but at least she is still good in the hands of the people that put work on her.

What happened to Ryu and Chun Li is indefensable though.

Dahbomb

There is probably a big topic around it but I have to say that "nerf culture" in SF has been super real with SFV and has affected the game's balance for sure. People say they ask for buffs but when they actually happen they want them reverted immediately (ie. Laura, Guile, Ibuki, Urien, Balrog).

I'd be very surprised if anyone in the FGC was that innocent.

Damn they switched commentators pretty quick

Not for the comment, think the formats been to switch after every 8 matches so far.

Thank God they put zhi to save us from tasty Steve's bigoted commentary.

In a shock result it's Zhi that finally makes fighting games ESports

sephi22

I mean, he's not Wrong. Rog is really good but he's not broken. Also I don't see where he said fair and balanced. I know you have a hate boner for this game, but I'm not seeing your point

Nothing important, really. My point was that 2k LP players downplaying the game's problems with vague, common sense advice like 'learn the matchup' or some 'the game feels smooth and plays great' mouth-feely bullshit and not understanding how broken the game is at is core is precious. He never replied to my specific problems with the game so I think he's not very good at it either. It's been months so it's not a big deal. I don't even play the game anymore. I got left behind like all the other haters.

He knows. He doesn't think it's as big as a deal as you do.

Lol this UltraDavid tweet:

David Philip Graham‏
@ultradavid
David Philip Graham Retweeted David Philip Graham
tired of too many breaks in your street fighter? i guarantee we'll have at least 10 games in a row oooooo booooyyy
Tune now into @ESLSF for King of the Hill! @Di3mini0n v @Sixth_Valiant, winner v @cmdr_jesse. @jchensor & me on mic

vulva

fwiw about steve and gllty, they're friends and I doubt he meant it that way. gllty has talked before about how she likes to pull tricks and do weird things to get in people's heads before matches. The phrasing was really unfortunate but I really doubt that he meant it in the way it came across.

This article even has her explaining that she does things to trick/troll people https://www.redbull.com/us-en/casuals-gllty-the-troll

fwiw about steve and gllty, they're friends and I doubt he meant it that way. gllty has talked before about how she likes to pull tricks and do weird things to get in people's heads before matches. The phrasing was really unfortunate but I really doubt that he meant it in the way it came across.

This article even has her explaining that she does things to trick/troll people https://www.redbull.com/us-en/casuals-gllty-the-troll

Gllty is the best.

I remember some dude on /R/Kappa trying to talk to her and she said she'd have some fun with him at EVO if he showed and he never did so she kept calling him out on it.

Wallach

I refuse to believe that Chun-Li was nerfed more than Nash, R. Mika and even Ryu were.

Nash might have an argument. I dunno about Ryu, I think it's just easier to blow him up with even small nerfs, so he wasn't going to do well even if they didn't nerf him as much as the others.

You can see the effect the nerfs had on their tournament performance pretty much immediately. People immediately dropped them and the ones left playing them have been getting lit up. The people playing Mika kept playing her and they're not getting kept out of top results.

jett

D-Member
I refuse to believe that Chun-Li was nerfed more than Nash, R. Mika and even Ryu were.

Some people are too salty about anything related to Mika.

She was nerfed to shit. I'll not accept anything else. But even if you don't agree that she was the most nerfed, the point was that that character barely won any tournaments in 2016.

Dahbomb

I'm confused by Daigo's style with Guile. But really...
Guile can be played pretty aggressively now though that's getting toned down in next patch.

Daigo escapes the 0-7 police as promised.

Some people are too salty about anything related to Mika.

She was nerfed to shit. I'll not accept anything else. But even if you don't agree that she was the most nerfed, the point was that that character barely won any tournaments in 2016.
There haven't even been that many tournaments in 2016!

People keep bringing up tournament results in 2016 as if that's some argument to present when there haven't even been that many to formulate a good opinion on. Based on tournament results post EVO Nash was the best character in the game, then people hopped on the nerf bandwagon and had him gutted.

Let's please calm down with all this nerf talk especially when some of these top tiers are actually getting shaved down a bit in the next patch.

FluxWaveZ

The people playing Mika kept playing her and they're not getting kept out of top results.

I think that's because, despite the substantial nerfs Mika got, she still has the tools those players need to be truly competitive with her. But, then again, you're only really talking about 3 players here: the best SFV player in the world who plays Guile more than any other, an EVO champion, and another EVO champion. The others who aren't that skilled dropped her and aren't able to put up the same results.

Flux still campaigning that Mika got nerfed too hard lol
if Mika wasnt a good character Fuudo would have jumped ship already

Stop putting words in my mouth. Point to where I said that Mika wasn't a good character.

Top Bottom