• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

Salex_

Zhi on TV

latest-nervous-gif-466.gif

GeoNeo

I disagree.
America is unstoppable.

Expect Capcom Japan to roll out a Japanese patch to try and nerf the greatest SF nation in the world the United States of America.

NastyBook

Look at all these Boxer haters. It's not like Ibuki is fucking low tier.

Smug had his number. Pack it up.
Right? Japan has picked top tier characters for DECADES. Boring ass EVO GFs with Roll Cancelling CBS teams in CVS2. Not to mention Ken, Yun, Chun GFs in 3S. Just ONCE would I like to have seen Japan send Kokujin or Fujiwara over to take our money with peerless Dudley play. Tekken? Mishimas. Guilty Gear? Millia and Zato x infinity. Now that the U.S. is starting to get their swag on, people want to judge characters. LMAO

Dahbomb

Right? Japan has picked top tier characters for DECADES. Boring ass EVO GFs with Roll Cancelling CBS teams. Not to mention Ken, Yun, Chun GFs in 3S. Just ONCE would I like to have seen Japan send Kokujin or Fujiwara over to take our money with peerless Dudley play. Tekken? Mishimas. Guilty Gear? Millia and Zato x infinity. Now that the U.S. is starting to get their swag on, people want to judge characters. LMAO
Yeah this top tier shaming of American players is just pathetic.

Meanwhile Daigo D riders shaming Daigo for picking Ryu and pressuring him to pick a top tier to stay relevant.

Allforce

I haven't watched any of this ELeague until tonight but this is seriously impressive in terms of production. It's everything that esports should be if they want to be taken seriously. Real names next to their gamertags, interviews, replays, analysis, actual informative commentary that serves to educate as well as inform. So much better than any other show I've seen outside of maybe that Red Bull tourney last year in France where they had an actual arena with a cage they players fought in.

I had a buddy just message me on FB like 'damn you see this Street Fighter shit on TBS?" and is watching it.

I think Capcom is employing the "SF4AE Yun" strat again.

The way the crowd booed Smug when he tried to say Karin had an advantage over Balrog was amazing.

Balrog is now the bad guy everyone loves to hate...he makes a good heel.

jman2050

I know the format requires it to be so but I still find it kind of odd that a player who loses twice can still end up advancing.

vulva

They're taking all over it so it sucks anyway lol.

Really dumb from Eleague to not have the same broadcast online.
Yeah real dumb to try to encourage people to choose to watch on TBS while still offering an option to see all the matches for free to anyone without TBS. What an incredibly dumb decision.

Top Bottom