• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emma Stone. Jonah Hill. True Detective Director. Dark Comedy Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...ing-in-tv-comedy-from-true-detective-director

Emma Stone and Jonah Hill are set to star in a new, dark comedy TV series with True Detective: Season 1 director Cary Fukunaga at the helm.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the potential series is based on Maniac, a 2014 Norwegian comedy series. Here's an quick synopsis of the original series, courtesy of THR:

"The original Maniac revolves around Espen, a mental patient at the psychiatric ward who escapes reality and lives in a fantasy world in his mind."

Stone, Hill, and Fukunaga will all serve as executive producers, with Fukunaga expected to direct every episode. Production companies Paramount Television and Anonymous Content are reportedly shopping the series with the goal of a straight-to-series, potential two-season order.

Stone and Hill previously worked together on the 2007 comedy, Superbad. Fukunaga most recently directed Netflix's Beasts of No Nation.

Walpurgis

Banned
True Detective season 1 was awesome and Beasts of No Nation was brilliant. Fukunaga making a show about a mental patient living in his own mind sounds perfect. The fact that he is directing every episode is even better.

Everything he makes is beautiful.
96oeVId.gif

zfWC1CI.gif

74w8RR5.gif

8khEVqO.gif

What's wrong with Fukunaga?
He's a genius.

Akahige

Fukunaga has quite a few tv shows on his plate, looking forward to watching all of them, and it's nice to see him do something outside the box compared to his previous work.

Davey Cakes

I'm totally interested in this.

I like Stone and Hill enough and I have a soft spot for dark comedies.

TD season 1 speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom