• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emma Stone playing an Asian-American in 'Aloha' is bizarre as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
That's the backhanded point. You won't cast Asian American actresses, allowing them to become draws. Emma Stone didn't step into Hollywood as a draw.
I was talking about this particular case. A leading role in a movie by a well known director who many actors want to work with even though he kind of sucks now.

Zoe

My co-worker is a 1/4 Korean and she is a redhead with the whitest freckly skin. I mean, she looks less Asian than me and I have no Asian heritage in my lineage. We're talking a normal looking redhead. I thought she was joking about her grandma being full Korean and mom half.

The character isn't just 1/4 Asian. She's 1/4 Asian and 1/4 Pacific Islander (Hawaiian).

Busty

Banned
This didn't seem like it would warrant its own thread but it looks like Aloha is going straight to video in most foreign territories.

I believe that Fox is handling this in most international markets and it feels that since they didn't have to release it in the US to dismal numbers (Sony had that dubious honour) they'd rather just quietly shove it under the carpet.

If you were waiting to see it in the UK to make up your own mind, bad news. The British cinema release of the film has now been cancelled.

http://uk.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/07/aloha-uk-release-cancelled

It's probably worth noting that this and Pixels are Sony Pictures only two releases this summer season.

Good grief.

I take it you all have not seen Breakfast at Tiffany's
Starring_Mickey_Rooney.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just watched this....holy fuck it takes the cake for worst CG with that damn satellite. That freaked me out more than Emma Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom