• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Kawl_USC

Aight I will do that then. I will update this post with a massive list in a minute.
I mean as long as it doesn't suck/it is emo. Somebody had the audacity to put on some front bottoms but not twin sized mattress...

Edit: would also have accepted legit tattoo gun.

Probably...

Probably not...

I mean as long as it doesn't suck/it is emo. Somebody had the audacity to put on some front bottoms but not twin sized mattress...

Edit: would also have accepted legit tattoo gun.

Probably...

Probably not...

The most non-emo I am going to put on woud be La Dispute and Touche Amore

Edit: Here is a start

American Football- Never Meant

American Football- But the Regrets Are Killing Me

Basement- Aquasun

Brand New- The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows

Brand New- Gasoline

Brand New- I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don’t

Brand New- Degausser

Bay Faction- Cutter

Brightside- Stellar!

Brightside- The High Priestess

Dikembe- Even Bother

Dikembe- Worst in the Fury

Everyone Everywhere- The Future

Everyone Everywhere- Turn & Go & Turn

Foxing- The Medic

Foxing- Rory

Foxing- Inuit

Foxing- The Magdalene

The Hotelier- An Introduction to an Album

The Island of Misfit Toys- Moral Melt

Lions- Nashville, TN

Lions- New Noise

Lobby Boxer- Shine Like Fire

Lions- Arizona the Second

Moose Blood- Evening Coffee

O’Brother- Context

O’Brother- Machines Part 1

Pianos Become the Teeth- Say Nothing

Pianos Become the Teeth- I’ll Be Damned

Pianos Become the Teeth- Hiding

Pity Sex- Dogwalk

Pity Sex- What May Soothe You

Prawn- Scud Running

Runaway Brother- Harvest

Runaway Brother- Hold Me Down

Sorority Noise- Blissth

Suis La Lune- Different Perspectives

Suis La Lune- Remorse

Sunny Day Real Estate- In Circles

Sunny Day Real Estate- Seven

Sunny Day Real Estate- Red Elephant

Weatherbox- Wolftank, Doff Thy Name

The World is a Beautiful Place- January 10, 2014

The World is a Beautiful Place- Heartbeat in the Brain

The World is a Beautiful Place- Outer Heaven

The World is a Beautiful Place- Getting Sodas

La Dispute- King Park

La Dispute- Stay Happy There

La Dispute- Hudsonville

Modern Baseball- Your Graduation

Glocca Morra- Ya’ll Boots Hats?

Snowing- Entire Discography

Sports- I love to be Chill

Algernon Cadwallader- Foggy Mountain

Algernon Cadwallader- Parrot Flies

Algernon Cadwallader- Some Kind of Cadwallader

Touche Amore- Just Exist

Touche Amore- Gravity Metaphorically

Touche Amore- To Write Content

Touche Amore- ~

Touche Amore- Condolences

Prawn- Built For

Jank- Wut I Liek Abt U

The Cardboard Swords- Flannel

The Get Up Kids- Valentine

Oso Oso- This Must Be My Exit

Oso Oso- We Grass or Cold Cement

Tiny Moving Parts- For the Sake of Brevity

Indian Summer- Angry Son

Football Etc.- Safety

Mineral- If I Could

Cap’n Jazz- Basil’s Kite

kiguel182

Also, Apple Music just recommended me a 90's emo playlist. I skimmed it and it seemed cool. I think they are picking up on my interests.

olympia

I added

Brand New 1996 (Demo)
Hot Cross Fire the Foundations
Hot Cross Kill the Name
Hot Cross Finance Fuels the Sickness at Heart
Basement DUI
Raein Love and Death
Raein 1 di 6
Raein 5 di 6
Joyce Manor Schley
Joyce Manor The Jerk
Joyce Manor Catalina Fight Song
Joyce Manor Heated Swimming Pool
TITR Johnny on The Spot
TITR Back and to The Left
TITR A Jack with One Eye
Orchid Anais Nin by Numbers
Jawbreaker Oyster :3

Also, Apple Music just recommended me a 90's emo playlist. I skimmed it and it seemed cool. I think they are picking up on my interests.

Damn, I tried to find anything of the sort when I first tried Apple music but they didn't really have anything like that.

Indian Summer- Angry Son

Not on Spotify :'(

Seriously everyone watch that Foxing video I posted. It is an incredible music video. Normally I hate them but holy shit is it good. 11 Minute video.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Seriously everyone watch that Foxing video I posted. It is an incredible music video. Normally I hate them but holy shit is it good. 11 Minute video.

It's really fucking good. I never sit through long music videos, but I rewatched this one immediately after finishing the first time.

Hey Elephant Shell check out Jeremy Bolm's podcast Secret Voices

he is the vocalist for Touche Amore. I love that one.

I can't believe I forgot about that when you asked about podcasts in the NHL thread

I'm not sure if he still does it but he did for a while last year. it was pretty awesome.

Hey Elephant Shell check out Jeremy Bolm's podcast Secret Voices

he is the vocalist for Touche Amore. I love that one.

I can't believe I forgot about that when you asked about podcasts in the NHL thread

I'm not sure if he still does it but he did for a while last year. it was pretty awesome.

Thanks man, I hear Celebration Rock is a good podcast as well. Not an emo podcast per se but worth checking out.

12799134_1022871361092009_2270474325889334100_n.jpg

The Hotelier US/CAN tour

Oh I have a band rec for people interested.

Not emo but emotional for sure.

A melodic hardcore/post-hardcore band named Crooks. Or Crooks UK but they changed their name to just Crooks recently. My AOTY last year.

Crooks- A Few Peaceful Days

One of the very few all clean vox melodic hardcore bands.

kiguel182

We've mentioned Better Off here before so please read this.

Their current bass player was accused of sexually assaulting a woman and the band decided to cancel their tour to show their loyalty to him, saying he was wrongly accused and "it's none of their bussiness", just really shameful stuff.

The woman has proof and the band decided to side with him instead of the victim. I really liked the band so this is a real bummer.

You can find a statement from the woman here: http://brujacore.tumblr.com/post/140858364741/afroxvx-im-just-going-to-post-what-i-put-on

And the band response: https://www.facebook.com/bttroff/posts/1071685919557834

The woman responded in the comments with proof of his actions.

kiguel182

Bled Fest has dropped Better Off from their lineup and issued a great statement on Facebook.

I'm glad they are showing no tolerance for this sort of behaviour. The band decided to side with an alleged sexual molester and are suffering the consequences of their actions, it's good if you ask me.

Foxing Statement on Ricky

Better Off could learn a thing or two from Foxing. After reading the emails in question and the post on facebook I am at ease. I had heard the rumors before but it seems like some people who just hate their music are really out to destroy them just because of something private that has been taken care of already before they were ever a band.

They handled it with great class and professionalism. If you don't feel like reading I can give a TL;DR if need be

kiguel182

Foxing Statement on Ricky

Better Off could learn a thing or two from Foxing. After reading the emails in question and the post on facebook I am at ease. I had heard the rumors before but it seems like some people who just hate their music are really out to destroy them just because of something private that has been taken care of already before they were ever a band.

They handled it with great class and professionalism. If you don't feel like reading I can give a TL;DR if need be

The fact that Better Off didn't write something like this just goes to show that the guy had no defense possible. In this case they explained the situation with tact and how, despite being unfortunate, it wasn't what some people were reporting. He also apologized for it and any discomfort he might have caused. Foxing handled this with class and it's a shame that someone is spreading false information about them, hopefully everything is cleared out.

The fact that Better Off didn't write something like this just goes to show that the guy had no defense possible. In this case they explained the situation with tact and how, despite being unfortunate, it wasn't what some people were reporting. He also apologized for it and any discomfort he might have caused. Foxing handled this with class and it's a shame that someone is spreading false information about them, hopefully everything is cleared out.

Yep. Really happy with them right now. Glad my faith wasn't misplaced with them. They all seem like really good dudes. Have talked to Josh and Conor multiple times at shows. Really cool dudes.

On another note I will have another list to add to the spotify playlist later this week! Just been super busy lately

Kawl_USC

Between that release and the inclusion stuff I've read about the Hotelier it's very nice to see that the scene does its best to be not shitty with regards to those topics.

It's a nice change from seeing respected people in other fields end up being kind of ass hats.

The deluxe edition Holy Ghost preorder is so tempting but, shipping included it is....
95 Canadian dollars.

I love Modern Baseball but fuck that noise.

Lender

It doesn't really fall under the emo term, but I just gotta do another shout out to Osker. For people who don't know them: they were a short lived punk rock band which were labelled as 'the most hated act on Epitaph'. Devon Williams really was a character, but damn, the band was awesome. Man, even after all these years, Idle Will Kill is still one of my favorite albums of all time. Got to know them back in 2005 or so, 3 years after they've broken up, and it's such a shame to this day.

Idle Will Kill is just a perfect album in it's genre, and while it's not really a classical emo album, lyrics wise I always thought it borrowed heavily into the genre, especially after the totally different Treatment 5, which featured track titles like 'fuck me', 'asshole' and 'shitface', but even that album was pretty damn solid, although I always preferred Idle Will Kill. It's perfect in every sense.

If you've never heard of them before, go check them out. I think a lot of the guys here in this topic should also appreciate them.

You can find the entire album on Youtube, but here a couple of standout tracks to get you warmed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF283Sy0Lc

Goddamn, it gets so hard
not knowing what's going on.
And all the while I carry your cross.
Who owns these desires?
You haven't said a word but I understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbFruTcQtwg

Every time I hear your name,
it bears an uncanny resemblance to defeat.
I never want to touch base,
because it's hard to face the things we've been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDsIET8igU

Watch your expectations crumble.
I hear the things are the same things you never,
never knew you never wanted.
I take those things with me to sleep.

Seriously, check them out.

Top Bottom