• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

CeYASPlVAAYwR3H.jpg

Fucking hilarious. This is Foxing if you don't know and someone photoshopped Cruz's fave on Conor.

olympia

Ugh. Why can't CA get a BN headline tour again. I wanted to see them in Berkeley but they're supporting Modest Mouse so tickets were kind of expensive :/

New Dowsing song? New Dowsing song!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/dowsing-releasing-a-new-lp-on-asian-man-touring-dates-stream/

Sounds awesome and apparently the album will be great.

In slightly less emo and more punk news, PUP also released a new song and the new record has a date. May 27th, same day as The Hotelier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IM472k0Md8

So much new music!

Yeeeees PUP is one of the better Canadian bands right now.

Plus, pre-orders in Canadian dollars!!

PUP is pretty cool.

So I saw Foxing last week. Pretty fucking dope as always. Adjy is awesome live too same with O'Brother.

Next show is IIOI/TWIABP/Pinegrove! Cannot wait for that!

Kawl_USC

PUP is pretty cool.

So I saw Foxing last week. Pretty fucking dope as always. Adjy is awesome live too same with O'Brother.

Next show is IIOI/TWIABP/Pinegrove! Cannot wait for that!
Fuck yea Johnny catching that show in Nola in a few weeks. Super pumped.

kiguel182

In non music related news the website where I get all my news from got a huge remodeling.

Absolutepunk.net is now Chorus.fm and the new site is pretty cool. It has new forums that seem pretty nice with better moderation than before. I recommend everyone to check it out.

The guy that started ap.net (at 15 years old ence the name Absolute Punk) bought the website again after having sold it some years ago and decided to start fresh with a modern look and some really cool concepts. The guy is pretty smart and knows a ton about music.

Anyway, that's that. Chorus.fm. Give it a try.

Also, even if you like it don't forget EmoGaf!

olympia

In non music related news the website where I get all my news from got a huge remodeling.

Absolutepunk.net is now Chorus.fm and the new site is pretty cool. It has new forums that seem pretty nice with better moderation than before. I recommend everyone to check it out.

The guy that started ap.net (at 15 years old ence the name Absolute Punk) bought the website again after having sold it some years ago and decided to start fresh with a modern look and some really cool concepts. The guy is pretty smart and knows a ton about music.

Anyway, that's that. Chorus.fm. Give it a try.

Also, even if you like it don't forget EmoGaf!

if this means the AP forums are now wiped i am extremely happy as i had a number of really embarrassing posts there

nowarning

lol AP, been registered there since like 2k3, thought Jason Tate had always owned it? Quite sad to see it change, haven't posted in a few years or so but I remember the glory days when everyone would just shit on each other all the time.

Just been spinning some Christie Front Drive and Indian Summer, oldies but goodies.

kiguel182

lol AP, been registered there since like 2k3, thought Jason Tate had always owned it? Quite sad to see it change, haven't posted in a few years or so but I remember the glory days when everyone would just shit on each other all the time.

Just been spinning some Christie Front Drive and Indian Summer, oldies but goodies.

Chorus.fm is much better than AP. I'm really liking the change and would recommend going back. The whole absolutepunk moniker and the websites design was a relic of the past that was bringing them down.

And yeah, Jason sold it and now bought it back.

CLIQUE has a new song, "Top Field" off their upcoming album Burden Piece. Here's a video.

"At first it was kind of a joke, like, let’s make it sound bad, but now it’s like, let’s be good at making it sound bad.”

If you aren't familiar with their self-titled album, check it out. It's great.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Modern Baseball have just released a 20 minute documentary thing about how they started through to Holy Ghost

Just watching now

Fuck, I had no idea about any of that. I got a bit teary-eyed watching the mini doc., and now I'm even more excited for the record. Brendan crying during recording is some super raw emotional stuff.

Kawl_USC

Yeah I live in H-Town

Couldn't make it tonight since something came up though :(

Ah damn that sucks. Most emo shows I've seen were in Houston though. Between Walters and fitzgeralds I'm sure we've been at the same show before. In New Orleans for a few months more before moving back to Houston.

Sorry to hear you missed the show, had a friend there tonight. Said there were 13 people for pine grove lol.

Ah damn that sucks. Most emo shows I've seen were in Houston though. Between Walters and fitzgeralds I'm sure we've been at the same show before. In New Orleans for a few months more before moving back to Houston.

Sorry to hear you missed the show, had a friend there tonight. Said there were 13 people for pine grove lol.

Yeah I am not surprised to hear that sadly lol

But yeah Fitzgerald's is closing down but I love Walter's new location.

The show tonight was at Warehouse Live

Kawl_USC

Yeah I am not surprised to hear that sadly lol

But yeah Fitzgerald's is closing down but I love Walter's new location.

The show tonight was at Warehouse Live

Fitz already closed right? And now it's white oak music hall or something?

And yea I've been there once for the music festival before last thanksgiving but never beyond that. Once I move back we will have to meet up for a show that comes into town.

Fitz already closed right? And now it's white oak music hall or something?

And yea I've been there once for the music festival before last thanksgiving but never beyond that. Once I move back we will have to meet up for a show that comes into town.

It depends on when you come back. I am moving out of Houston at the end of the year when I graduate college lol

kiguel182

What I would give for a Pinegrove show and some people don't even show up, ugh.

On the other hand that's pretty much a private show for those 13 that showed up, sounds amazing.

Goddamn I am so stoked for TMP's new album. Just ordered the yellow and orange splatter on black vinyl.

Their new songs are so good

As a 90s emo fan who is unfamiliar with the current scene, these acronyms are really throwing me off. :/

TMP is Tiny Moving Parts. You would probably like them honestly.

MoBo is Modern Baseball, I am not a fan but if you like pop-punky emo then yes.

TWIABP is The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die. A huge cog in the revival and have more gone to a indie encompassing sound which I personally prefer.

IIOI is Into It. Over It. Another band integral to the revival and I would give them a listen as well for sure.

Sobriquet

TMP is Tiny Moving Parts. You would probably like them honestly.

MoBo is Modern Baseball, I am not a fan but if you like pop-punky emo then yes.

TWIABP is The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die. A huge cog in the revival and have more gone to a indie encompassing sound which I personally prefer.

IIOI is Into It. Over It. Another band integral to the revival and I would give them a listen as well for sure.

Great, thank you! I'll check 'em all out.

Top Bottom