• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

kiguel182

Question: If I buy The Hotelier record now do I get it or do I have to wait for Friday?

Because I'm having a terrible week and I could use some Hotelier.

EDIT: Buy it on Bandcamp I mean. Digital.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Camp Cope is some pretty good stuff. I wish I'd been browsing this thread sooner, never realised this was the thread for all this alt rock goodness.

kiguel182

I'm putting on my phone now getting ready to head back home!

Kawl was already cool since he made fun of imbask but now he is even cooler.

How are you on I Am Satan vs Goodness?

They are quite different so I find it hard to compare but in terms of me just generally liking them, I like Goodness more. I don't find any weaknesses on the album where there are one or two songs on I Am Satan that are okay. Love both and I anticipate both to be in my top 3 AOTY at the end of the year.

Kawl_USC

Okay fired up I am Satan and I am digging this first track.

Also I think I'm getting targeted Want to know God ads here due to this album name lol

Edit: also man i wish articles wouldnt abbreviate the bands name in the title. It can get annoying enough when it's just us talking here but when you are an actual writer smh.

imBask

Banned
the new song is not bad, but much like 13.0.0.0 i'll spend half of my time thinking "that's not Animals and I miss that singer"

kiguel182

I am Satan only on their band camp? Don't see it on spotify which chaps my britches.

It will be on Spotify in June. I bought it on bandcamp because I wanted it now and June seemed too far away.

They are quite different so I find it hard to compare but in terms of me just generally liking them, I like Goodness more. I don't find any weaknesses on the album where there are one or two songs on I Am Satan that are okay. Love both and I anticipate both to be in my top 3 AOTY at the end of the year.

I thought you would be more on the I Am Satan side funny enough. But I do agree that they are very different records.

Never heard of them. Is it super shameful? I will check them out when I get home.

Also, listening to Goodness when the sun is setting and the wind blows in your face is fucking amazing.

Asian Man Records is doing a second covers album.

Why you might care: Modern Baseball is doing a Hard Girls cover.

Why you should care: Hard Girls are a phenomenal band that definitely fits the bill for the crossover of punk and emo lovers, especially right around the track 8 and 9 of "A Thousand Surfaces."

Lender

That moment when you're really getting into an album. Goodness is just packed with so many good songs. At this moment I'm really 'Sun' in particular. So so gooooood.

yep, this rules. this year's shaping up to be so so so great

There's legitimately too much stuff right now, haha

I've been too busy with Celebrate and The Dream Is Over to really listen to Goodness that much, and Holy Ghost, what's that? I just found out that the new Violent Soho album came out recently as well

kiguel182

I totally love Goodness and I can only see that love grow the more I get familiar with the record. It's incredible. I don't know if it's on the level of Home yet but I love it none the less.

kiguel182

man i forgot how good Joyce Manor's 3rd LP is

Yes! It's so good. I wonder if we'll something new from them this year. It's kinda time for a new record.

It's grown on me. I enjoy it.

It's definitely a grower. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

JANK's Awkward Pop Songs is such a good album.

One of my favourite this year so far. Despite it technically being a 2015 record I'm counting it as 2016. Because I can.

olympia

Asian Man Records is doing a second covers album.

Why you might care: Modern Baseball is doing a Hard Girls cover.

Why you should care: Hard Girls are a phenomenal band that definitely fits the bill for the crossover of punk and emo lovers, especially right around the track 8 and 9 of "A Thousand Surfaces."

holy shit this sounds sick

dowsing covering San Francisco fuck yes

I won a slow gherkin test press from Mike but I have yet to come by to pick it up. I won it from him in October :/ My mom and dad used to work with him at a restaurant in the 80's haha so I'm trying to bring one of them along

trying to go to one of the AM anniversary shows

How do folks feel about Pianos Become the Teeth in here?

Been spinning the Lack Long After in between Celebrate and Goodness

I'll Be Damned rips my heart out everytime

kiguel182

I didn't get into the latest Pianos Become Teeth record (Keep You I think) despite hearing very positive things about it. It just never clicked with me.

And it's one of those records I think about giving another chance from time to time but I never actually went back to it.

I miss you

I know

*weeping*

itwbxyjtyxhmlqsyfjra.gif

I didn't get into the latest Pianos Become Teeth record (Keep You I think) despite hearing very positive things about it. It just never clicked with me.

And it's one of those records I think about giving another chance from time to time but I never actually went back to it.

Do it. Keep You is fantastic. It clicked with me right away but I can see how it takes some time especially coming from Lack and Old Pride

Top Bottom