• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Kawl_USC

It will be on my top 10 for sure. But I still need more time with it.

Modern Baseball, Hotelier and Pinegrove are my top 3 so far.

Still upset I missed Pinegrove when they opened for TWIABP...

MoBo and TMP and probably I am Satan for me ATM, but haven't given Goodness a listen yet.

I don't see my top 3 changing any time soon for my AOTY. I am curious what the rest of the year holds for this and related genres.

Well actually the new If These Trees Could Talk record could for sure break into my top 3

kiguel182

I don't see my top 3 changing any time soon for my AOTY. I am curious what the rest of the year holds for this and related genres.

Well actually the new If These Trees Could Talk record could for sure break into my top 3

There's a new Brand New record coming.... Everything still can change!

Top 10 EmoGaf records of the year will be the most anticipated award of the season I'm sure!

There's a new Brand New record coming.... Everything still can change!

Top 10 EmoGaf records of the year will be the most anticipated award of the season I'm sure!

I liked the song but I kinda doubt the record will break my top 3. Probably my top 10. For just emo sure but for everything... I don't see it.

So I can thank I Am Satan for making me go on a pop-punk kick, mainly a Blink-182 and NFG streak, in between sad boi musicz.

I forgot how good NFG actually is.

Crayons

Banned
let's all get together and listen to emo vinyl and smoke weed and drink crappy beer in a self loathing manner in our skinny pants and band t-shirts

kris.

Banned
dang, i'd never really listened to PUP because a friend who i trust pretty well said he hated them but i checked out the first few tracks of their new album and it's great and i'm a dummy

kiguel182

dang, i'd never really listened to PUP because a friend who i trust pretty well said he hated them but i checked out the first few tracks of their new album and it's great and i'm a dummy

That's what you get for listening to your friends instead of us.

I edited the track order on Holy Ghost so that it feels more cohesive as a whole and more even to listen to front to back, and I like the album even better this way. Its basically every other song from Jake's and Brendan's sides, aside from the first two tracks remaining the same and Hiding as the album closer after Just Another Face. Wedding Singer straight into Coding These to Lukens is very satisfying. Try it out.

I've tried this

I can't remember the actual track listing now because this works really well

It took me a while to get into them because I thought they'd be riffier based on Reservoir

When I gave them a legit chance though...good lord.

Blatz

Damn man. That means you dodged the 0-11 years right?

Was New Brookland Tavern a thing back then?

Yeah. I missed that. But I was at the game where the losing streak was broken.

I think NBT opened around '98. Or at least it started having punk shows.

Rockafella's was the spot when I was there. It's where Jake's is now. That's where the big names went, Green Day, Offspring, NOFX, Samiam, Jawbreaker, Texas is the Reason, etc.

It's beautiful y'all

QPvP4k9l.jpg

This PUP record is tiiiiiight. Glad I held out on listening to it until now.

Doubts is probably my favourite track so far, that chorus "now that I got nothing you're having your doubts/you packed all of your bags and moved them all out" is so fucking catchy.

Crayons

Banned
There's no better feeling than listening to a song for the first time that you know you just want to hear over and over again

This PUP record is tiiiiiight. Glad I held out on listening to it until now.

Doubts is probably my favourite track so far, that chorus "now that I got nothing you're having your doubts/you packed all of your bags and moved them all out" is so fucking catchy.

Sleep In The Heat is up there for me

The woahs are on point

*orders the record oh god I've spent so much money this month D:*

EDIT: Oh shit the Side One Dummy shop reminded me that Chuck Ragan did the soundtrack for The Flame In The Flood, I need to get that game for that reason alone

EDIT 2: Guitar goals

Doombear

This topic... taking me back (another old guy here). Thank you though, been looking for a good place for new music. Ordered I Am Satan this morning, and likely grabbing the new PUP tomorrow (and I see they will be here in a couple weeks!).

Thanks EmoGAF.

EDIT: Oh shit the Side One Dummy shop reminded me that Chuck Ragan did the soundtrack for The Flame In The Flood, I need to get that game for that reason alone

Supposedly, it's the best part of the game.

And that reminds me... Chuck Ragan just came here with Tim Barry, who I'm a big fan of and is one of the best frontpersons I've ever seen. Every time I've seen Avail was the absolute best time I've seen Avail.

So, of course, I'm excited to go see these two doing their roots music stuff together.

So, of course, I get really depressed and don't leave the house the night of the show.

imBask

Banned
Real Friends sounds alright after 1 listen, will come back to it later

next up PUP

next up Chance The Rapper since it got on google play music

Real Friends sounds alright after 1 listen, will come back to it later

next up PUP

next up Chance The Rapper since it got on google play music

Nice been waiting for that to happen.

Goodness is great. Curious to see how these songs mesh live with their prior stuff when I see them in a few weeks.

Lender

I've been scared to say this publicly because everyone here seems to love it but I'm not immediately sold on it. That was only after one listen though so maybe it's a grower.
It's definitely a grower. I needed a couple of listens as well before I really connected with it as a whole. But when it did, oh boy.

is anyone else not missing Empire Empire at all?

They were alright but I feel like they won't be all that missed.

I was never into them at all. I appreciate they were pretty popular and a lot of bands in the scene respected the shit out of them but they just didn't click with me.

My Modern Baseball record finally came in today. Shit is briiiiight yellow. Interesting note: the sides are labelled "J" and "B" for "Jake" and "Brendan". Also the insert has a big "for papa" on it which is nice.

I love this band.

I was never into them at all. I appreciate they were pretty popular and a lot of bands in the scene respected the shit out of them but they just didn't click with me.

My Modern Baseball record finally came in today. Shit is briiiiight yellow. Interesting note: the sides are labelled "J" and "B" for "Jake" and "Brendan". Also the insert has a big "for papa" on it which is nice.

I love this band.

Yeah they did a good amount for the scene. One of the worst live bands I have ever seen though.

Goodness is perfect for this rainy weather HTown is getting.

Goodness is also on Spotify now for ya non music buying nerds

Top Bottom