• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

im in the middle of my 3rd listen of Goodness and i'm pretty sure my copy is fucked up in parts, i think the sync to my phone's itunes fucked something up. but man this album is immense.

they do some odd sampling and repeat stuff that is part of the songs. I thought it was too at first.

kris.

Banned
I can't remember if I posted it because pop-punk but I guess this has just turned into a catchall thread so

The newest Direct Hit! song is super fucking good

this is one of my most anticipated albums of the year. brainless god was so so so so so so fucking amazing

if anyone hasn't heard it yet, i really cannot recommend it enough

their debut, domesplitter, is also really fantastic and fun pop-punk

they do some odd sampling and repeat stuff that is part of the songs. I thought it was too at first.

ah, gotcha. i need to sit down and hear it on my computer with some nice headphones and no annoying coworkers and warehouse sounds tonight then.

this is one of my most anticipated albums of the year. brainless god was so so so so so so fucking amazing

if anyone hasn't heard it yet, i really cannot recommend it enough

their debut, domesplitter, is also really fantastic and fun pop-punk

You heard More Of The Same? It's similar to Domesplitter in that it's rerecorded songs off earlier releases, and is also super good

Also has Werewolf Shame, possibly their best song

Fest tickets also bought.

I had to. Dillinger Four were in my top 3 bands and I never, ever got a chance to see them for different reasons. I need to correct that.

And, you know, Ergs and Latterman reunion?

Plz no schedule conflicts...

kris.

Banned

I had to. Dillinger Four were in my top 3 bands and I never, ever got a chance to see them for different reasons. I need to correct that.

d4 are so fucking great live. got to see them i think the year CIVIL WAR released and they were so fucking fun. also don't make fun of paddy for being a big dude like my friend did. you'll get a lot of snark back.

Ergs and Latterman are in my top 3 bands :p

I saw D4 a couple of weeks ago at Groezrock, they were fucking great. Be even better to see them in a proper venue where it's not muddy as fuck

And the Fest guys seem pretty good for scheduling, I think the worst I had last year was Timeshares vs Masked Intruder? Where I watched Timeshares because I was melting and they were inside while MI were at Lot 10, which is outdoors in a car park >_>

kris.

Banned
i swear one day when i actually have a job that pays decently i'm gonna road trip out to fest

so probably in like 10-15 years

I had just left Gainesville around when they released Civil War and they never went any further south in this god-forsaken state.

And when I was in high school, 02 or 03 maybe, they came to Orlando and played a fucking 21+ place...

I need to write down a wishlist of bands I want to see. In a Mead journal or a Lisa Frank spiral-bound, that's how serious I am.

I had just left Gainesville around when they released Civil War and they never went any further south in this god-forsaken state.

And when I was in high school, 02 or 03 maybe, they came to Orlando and played a fucking 21+ place...

I need to write down a wishlist of bands I want to see. In a Mead journal or a Lisa Frank spiral-bound, that's how serious I am.

I think the main band I've got left that I won't be able to see relatively easily is Jawbreaker

*thinks*

You doing Pre-Fest as well btw?

I think the main band I've got left that I won't be able to see relatively easily is Jawbreaker

*thinks*

You doing Pre-Fest as well btw?

Just the main Fest. But the Pre-Fest looks great. Propagandhi were another of my top 3 and are incredible live.

I saw someone say that the ??? band at Riot Fest is going to be Jawbreaker but it has no substantiation to it. It still got me thinking about needing to go, just in case...

kris.

Banned
Just the main Fest. But the Pre-Fest looks great. Propagandhi were another of my top 3 and are incredible live.

I saw someone say that the ??? band at Riot Fest is going to be Jawbreaker but it has no substantiation to it. It still got me thinking about needing to go, just in case...

whoever runs Jawbreaker's fb page made it pretty clear that they have no plans to reunite anytime soon

https://www.facebook.com/jawbreaker/posts/10154134895842141

Ah, yeah I didn't do Pre-Fest last year and it was still great. I think all the Pre-Fest bands play both though, so you won't miss anyone purely by not going. You been before?

Oh my god if they are I will legitimately kill someone, I can't afford to go to America again completely separately D:

whoever runs Jawbreaker's fb page made it pretty clear that they have no plans to reunite anytime soon

https://www.facebook.com/jawbreaker/posts/10154134895842141

GOOD

Kawl_USC

oh dude looks like I may be staying in Houston after all for a little bit. So let me know when you get here and we can check out shows.

Sweet man, I'm getting there around the end of June, so gotta keep my eyes peeled on tours for some of these awesome albums being put out.

Ah, yeah I didn't do Pre-Fest last year and it was still great. I think all the Pre-Fest bands play both though, so you won't miss anyone purely by not going. You been before?

Oh my god if they are I will legitimately kill someone, I can't afford to go to America again completely separately D:

GOOD

I haven't been before, despite having almost no and at other times actual no spatial issues for basically the entire lifespan. Reasons and stuff. None of them good reasons in hindsight.

And I was pretty sure the Jawbreaker thing was bullshit. But I also thought the Replacements reuniting was bullshit and then Riot Fest. Wishful thinking.

I need to go back to the TMP album and give it another spin post-Hotelier and see if my ranking of this month holds up still.

Crayons

Banned
I enjoyed Posture & The Grizzly yesterday. Had money to buy a vinyl but they weren't selling :( Guess cause it just came out. Got Adult Mom on vinyl instead

Lender

Came home from work, put on the new Hotelier album, lay down on my bed, closed my eyes and completely chilled out. What a great album.

kiguel182

Came home from work, put on the new Hotelier album, lay down on my bed, closed my eyes and completely chilled out. What a great album.

The wait for Friday is killing me. Sure I could listen to the stream but on my iPad it randomly stops playing for some reason.

kiguel182

I just listened to Goodness for the second time and some songs hit me. It's starting to grow like Home did on me. It's not there yet but I feel this will be close to Home after getting more into it.

The process of getting into a record is the best.

Also listened to Adult Mom and I liked it, good stuff.

KevinG

Goodness is awesome. Only track I don't enjoy is Settle the Scar.

The brand new Brand New song is growing on me. They're my favorite band, so I need time to manage what my expectations were with what they released. Went through the same process with Daisy.

I am forever indebted to this thread for telling me about The Hotelier. They are just incredible.

Also, this video of them playing Home, Like Noplace is There in full is just fucking amazing.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT JUST READ A FEW POSTS ABOVE. THERE'S A NEW HOTELIER ALBUM!?

Slowpoke.jpg

lol I've been switching between I Am Satan and Celebrate.

Only listened to Goodness once, maybe i'll give it another shot

I have been throwing back in some I Am Satan but that's all I listened to for a week lol then these came out so I am taking a break from I Am Satan for now

Crayons

Banned
I have been throwing back in some I Am Satan but that's all I listened to for a week lol then these came out so I am taking a break from I Am Satan for now

Lol same here I've been listening to it like crazy and then yesterday I saw it live

probably going to stop listening to it soon. I'm overplaying it.

Top Bottom