• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man... I'm just 30 seconds into listening to Celebrate and I can already tell it's going to be a favorite.
Edit: My gut instinct was definitely correct. Celebrate is fantastic. I loved Tiny Moving Part's first two albums and this one is even better still.

The new Hotelier album isn't exactly disappointing, but it's definitely not as good as Home.

kiguel182

PCR120_500x500.jpg

I don't know if I've recommend it here or not but the Camp Cope debut album is pretty good.

It's a three piece group from Australia that make some melodic but also kinda harsh indie rock/emo music. They mention Tigers Jaw in one song! It reminds me of Courtney Barnett. I think some people here might like it. It name drops Lost too so extra points for that.

Bandcamp

I don't know if I've recommend it here or not but the Camp Cope debut album is pretty good.

It's a three piece group from Australia that make some melodic but also kinda harsh indie rock/emo music. They mention Tigers Jaw in one song! It reminds me of Courtney Barnett. I think some people here might like it. It name drops Lost too so extra points for that.

Bandcamp
Camp Cope are rad

Seems to be some great bands coming out of Australia recently

imBask

Banned

Bandcamp

that sounds real good, will listen to it later

kiguel182

I'm from Lisbon, Portugal. I don't want to say I'm the only emo around but I might as well be. No bands ever come here.

Also, I hope you like it imbask!

Kawl_USC

New Orleans for another month. Then Houston once again. The one thing Houston has going for it is its scene is way more happening in terms of emo shows.

kiguel182

Your dad seems like a pretty cool guy

My dad is a big music and movie dork (and I say this in the most flattering way possible).

Fun fact about my dad: he was the one that showed me Blink 182 when a Plus 44 video was on TV and he said it sounded like Blibk and handed me Enema of the State. I guess that's where me music road until here started.

EDIT: Also, are you saying he is cooler than me because I didn't like the record? My pride.

Crayons

Banned
My dad is a big music and movie dork (and I say this in the most flattering way possible).

Fun fact about my dad: he was the one that showed me Blink 182 when a Plus 44 video was on TV and he said it sounded like Blibk and handed me Enema of the State. I guess that's where me music road until here started.

EDIT: Also, are you saying he is cooler than me because I didn't like the record? My pride.

No I just think it's cool that your dad knows music that happened after the 70s. cooler than my dad

you bros are a-ok with me

also everyone listen to CSTVT
because this album is underappreciated as fuck and rules a lot

Man now I just want to make a load of Ergs references. I must look like a dork.

Also that album's pretty good, though I don't think I'm in the right mood. Will have to revisit at some point.

Unrelated: Me and Kawl do this thing where everyone lies and accuses everyone of lying and then kill people we think are lying ALSO KNOWN AS playing a game called Mafia/Werewolf. Some new games are starting up soon, one of them being run by Kawl himself. Come check it out and maybe sign up for a game. Let's start the emoboy Mafia revolution.

NOTE: The games do take a while (I'm talking a few weeks minimum), and require you to do a lot of reading and posting. So bear that in mind before signing up.

No the rest of this post wasn't just a thinly veiled excuse for me to advertise another community what are you talking about

UK, on the Southampton/New Forest. Emo scene is okay but there's a bunch of sort of posers in my area who just follow the Zeitgeist.
Southampton's pretty good for punk in general I find. If a band isn't playing Brighton on a tour then 9 times out of 10 I can hop on a train and watch them in Southampton. You ever go to WTFest?

Kawl_USC

Oh yea, RNH is right Mafia is fun. Come have fun. You can join my game and get killed!

What are the threads hot albums lately?
The 3 new releases (MoBo, TMP, hotelier, was there another release recently? Head shoulders and rear view or something)
Camp Cope got a few mention:
I am Satan by ?? (I always forget If that's the band or album name)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Much love for Brand New's latest offering?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YFesvcLS8

Between this and Mene from last year I'm super excited for a new album, Daisy got... odd and though this is sounding a little safe for Brand New I'm really liking the sound.

Without everyday he said it would have been a 9/10

I mean I wouldn't exactly say it drags the album down by a whole 2/10 but it's not exactly my favourite on there... I feel like it's the least Modern Baseball sounding track.

nowarning

Going to ArcTanGent later this year so at least I'll get to see American Football eventually. Looking forward to seeing Toe, Owen and GSY!BE. Sure there's a few others, should be a good few days.

kris.

Banned
Also that album's pretty good, though I don't think I'm in the right mood. Will have to revisit at some point.

you really do have to be in a very specific mood to jam it. i like putting it on during late night drives, probably when it's raining. shit's chill but also very dour.

kiguel182

Agreed. Last year we got Julien Bakers fantastic record (even if not emo in theory but close enough) but there needs to be more of that.

Top Bottom