• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Just listening to Never Meant getting stoked to see American Football next month. I can't believe it's only one more month until I get to see them in my hometown! I've been looking forward to this for years.

Also, my Tiny Moving Parts album finally shipped. Stoked to listen to this when it arrives.

Going to see Vi som älskade varandra så mycket this week too. Great Swedish screamo band. Check them out.

Wednesday is the chosen night. My night where I try to fit two of my favorite bands at different venues into a few hours. Wish me luck.

If I choose to go to just one I am leaning towards The Hotelier rather than La Dispute simply because I like the venue a whole lot more.

What does he think of Everyday? We might have found Imbask.

Everyday?

So happy to see you guys loving PUP! Seen them quite a few times since I'm from very close to them and it's been great watching them blow up. The new album is a fuckin ripper that's for sure.

kiguel182

Wednesday is the chosen night. My night where I try to fit two of my favorite bands at different venues into a few hours. Wish me luck.

If I choose to go to just one I am leaning towards The Hotelier rather than La Dispute simply because I like the venue a whole lot more.

Everyday?

The Modern Baseball song.

Another emo list, this time counting down "The Top 10 Emo Revival Albums to Own On Vinyl" whatever the fuck that means.

Surprisingly enough it's actually a list of really solid albums.

It is a list of solid albums but this one is still quite a bit off the mark. They do have Snowing and Everyone Everywhere (which that album is almsot impossible to find on vinyl) but no HLNIT, no Whenever if Ever (even though I think Harmlessness is far superior) no Algernon Cadawallader? And no mention of a IIOI album?

As much as I love La Dispute and Touche they were not part of the emo revival. Them and PBTT are part of the Wave movement (jokingly titled) which is emo influence but more so post-hardcore and melodic hardcore.

I wish this whole emo-revival thing would die lol

I feel warm inside

image.php

Kawl_USC

Also Goodness has really grown on me. Having it on cd to just listen to ad nauseum in the car has been great. Really love You in This Light.

Anyone here like Finch? Totally forgot about that band until a buddy of mine had an early song of theirs on a playlist we were listening to. Brought me back to my days of being obsessed with them and I gotta say listening to them again now, I'm still pretty into it.

Also listened to good Canadian kids Moneen again for the first time in forever and damn, their first few albums are so good. If you haven't heard of them look up the album Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now?

Fuckin classic.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've been forcing myself to listen to the second half of The Dream Is Over, not because I didn't like it initially, but because I kept going back to the start after Sleep in the Heat. Plus when listening to the vinyl it's easier just to pop the needle back to the start when you're lazy... Album starts off so damn strong.

It just keeps getting better and better, I fucking love the first album but this really might be all around better...

EEEEEEMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh man I can hear it, funny to see this wasn't just a joke where I'm from either :p

Clique is righteous. Their new LP is legit

YESSSS! Been playing them a ton on our radio show. Still digging into the new one but that self-titled left me spun. Saw them in Columbus a few weeks ago and there were like 3-4 people there. It's a bummer seeing people sleep on talent like that but they sounded great and are really nice guys.

Anyone here like Finch? Totally forgot about that band until a buddy of mine had an early song of theirs on a playlist we were listening to. Brought me back to my days of being obsessed with them and I gotta say listening to them again now, I'm still pretty into it.

Also listened to good Canadian kids Moneen again for the first time in forever and damn, their first few albums are so good. If you haven't heard of them look up the album Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now?

Fuckin classic.

Never got too into Moneen aside from Red Tree but it's so cool seeing Kenny tour with Say Anything now. Such a boss.

I may miss The Hotelier tomorrow night :(

I will at least see La Dispute and Gates but I really wanted to see Hotelier too in the same night but I don't see that happening.

Crayons

Banned
I'm going to see The World Is A Beautiful Place this Friday in Brooklyn! I actually invited a bunch of friends too and I got at least three guys coming with me. I'm so excited!!

So not emo like at all but Punk rock.. and weird as fuck

check out The Garden. They released a new song today that is weird as fuck. They are awesome

kiguel182

This thread should just be Camp Cope quotes. What a record.

"I could see you naked and all I'd see would be anatomy"

Flesh and Electricity is so good.

Kawl_USC

yo, what song of camp cope is that tigers jaw reference?

sorry drunk

"they used to say

"don't quit your day job"

we'll guesss what

I never had one."

Seeing The Hotelier tomorrow in Bloomington. Tickets are at the door and the venue allegedly only holds 200 people.

Any suggestions for when I should get there to ensure getting in?

kiguel182

So I will still continue to buy vinyl and pay for music but I just got apple music and it is pretty rad

Glad you joined us in 2016 MJ! Apple Music integrates pretty seamlessly with your own library so it's definitely a great choice.

On a side note: "Just Another Face" continues to be an amazing song. This Modern Baseball record might be my AOTY so far.

Glad you joined us in 2016 MJ! Apple Music integrates pretty seamlessly with your own library so it's definitely a great choice.

On a side note: "Just Another Face" continues to be an amazing song. This Modern Baseball record might be my AOTY so far.

Yeah! I really like it. I like it more than Spotify I think....

Top Bottom