• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL2k Ball spotting is bullshit!!!

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I swaer to god every time thay spot the ball a yard or 3 short on running plays. I don't mind the occasional error so challenges work but this is straight bullshit.

Freaking FMT and DM have me wanting to get madden.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
that happened to me as well.. I think they mark the ball where the defender FIRST touches you for some reason, and not where the ball is when your knee touches down.. I challeneged what would have been a 4th down conversion , and the play stood even though it was obvious I was over the line.. I get mad

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Malleymal said:
that happened to me as well.. I think they mark the ball where the defender FIRST touches you for some reason, and not where the ball is when your knee touches down.. I challeneged what would have been a 4th down conversion , and the play stood even though it was obvious I was over the line.. I get mad

Seems like it happens almost every play! As DM would say, Fuck you VC!!!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
screw ball spotting! i've played through 2 full games and still haven't made a complete pass GAH!

*cries*

Slo

This problem was quite apparent after only half an our of play at an EB kiosk. I just assumed I was playing a demo version or something.

Mrbob

The same gross errors in judgement happened in 2K4. After playing a bunch of 2K5 it looks to me that VC didn't tweak this aspect at all. I love the idea, but VC has it implemented so piss poor. VC = great ideas, mediocre execution.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yup, its fucking gay. your down where the animation for the tackle starts... sometimes it benifits the offense, sometimes it doesnt.

the other night i actually was running in a TD, and literally inches from the endzone, my player got hit and the tackle animation started. it was 100% unquestionable a TD, and the game gave it to me... untill the other teams coach challenged the call. it was INCREDIBLY painfull to watch the replay (along with the ref), and seeing that i had absolutely scored, only to have the game turn over the decision and take my 6 away...

how they let this in the game, i'll never know. fucking bullshit

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mrbob said:
They never fixed it from last year.....

so i heard. i dont play yearly footabll updates... just maybe 1-2 each generation after improvements are large enough. regardless of when this was added... its fucking gay

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
it's pretty weird, every pass in training i would make, but in the actual game, i'm not completing anything. from everything to short passes to long bombs. I time things differently, I fake pump sometimes... I have about like 5 interceptions against me! 5! does. not. compute.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DopeyFish said:
it's pretty weird, every pass in training i would make, but in the actual game, i'm not completing anything. from everything to short passes to long bombs. I time things differently, I fake pump sometimes... I have about like 5 interceptions against me! 5! does. not. compute.

What level are you playing on? Are you using Max Passing?

Are you sure you're not passing to the other team, dopey? :p Honestly, I haven't had a problem with passing, hell, I've totally abused it when playing against my pals. Ball Spotting I'll agree with.

EekTheKat

Heh I think I may have accidentally stumbled across that blocker glitch too.

In a 16 game season I managed to get Strahan 102 sacks, and killed 4 quarterbacks in the process. I had a good laugh when Brett Favre had to be taken off the field because of a collapsed lung though lol.

This isn't an aspect that doesn't piss me off that much as there is an actual error margin in spotting the ball by human refs in real life. Only VC needs to maybe dial the error margin in a bit, or at the very least back up what they do with actual statistics that I'm sure exist somewhere. Really seems like something. they put into the game, instead of yet another programming bug. I know folks will want to fear the worst though.

DMczaf

B00020V4NK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Come, my son...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Are you guys keeping ESPN? Gamestop has a deal where you get $15 towards Madden. I like this game, but I don't know if I'll play it much when Madden comes out. Unlike the above, I sense that Madden will be much better than the pile of poo that is NCAA.

DMczaf

Musashi Wins! said:
Are you guys keeping ESPN? Gamestop has a deal where you get $15 towards Madden. I like this game, but I don't know if I'll play it much when Madden comes out. Unlike the above, I sense that Madden will be much better than the pile of poo that is NCAA.

I'll keep it, if it was $40 or more I would have traded/sold the game by now. Since it's only $20, I guess I'll keep it around for online leagues (when they are actually running)

Ramirez

Its true though,their working very fast now...me and Shadow played our game,but he apparently quit on me in the 3rd...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dopeyfish said:
screw ball spotting! i've played through 2 full games and still haven't made a complete pass GAH!

*cries*

DopeyFish said:

Make sure that this is not the box that you have:

B00020V4QM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ramirez

Did you guys honestly have that much trouble with dropped passes?Maybe its cuz I was FSU,but I really never dropped wide open passes :p

Bowser

Yeah seriously, I rented NCAA and it was all good. I dropped the occasional pass, but that not like 20,000 a game or something. Maybe because I loved doing the Triple Option (used it like every 3 out of 4 plays :p). And I rented NFL 2k5 and I've never had a problem with ball spotting or anything. Maybe it's just because the PANTHERS ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER. Stephen Davis/DeShaun Foster @ RB, Delhomme @ QB, Colbert (my season avg with this rookie: 20.2 yds/pass, 3.5 tds/game :p)/Muhammed/Smith/Proehl @ WR, Magnum @ TE = Best Offense EVER.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bowser said:
Yeah seriously, I rented NCAA and it was all good. I dropped the occasional pass, but that not like 20,000 a game or something. Maybe because I loved doing the Triple Option (used it like every 3 out of 4 plays :p). And I rented NFL 2k5 and I've never had a problem with ball spotting or anything. Maybe it's just because the PANTHERS ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER. Stephen Davis/DeShaun Foster @ RB, Delhomme @ QB, Colbert (my season avg with this rookie: 20.2 yds/pass, 3.5 tds/game :p)/Muhammed/Smith/Proehl @ WR, Magnum @ TE = Best Offense EVER.

Heh, yeah, I think some people notice or look for this stuff more than others (not that that's bad, just an observation). I've played over 20 games of 2k5 online, about 15 of which were just pure fun. And the ones that sucked were just due to people quitting etc., not the game itself.

Meier

Ramirez said:
Did you guys honestly have that much trouble with dropped passes?Maybe its cuz I was FSU,but I really never dropped wide open passes :p

You're nuts dude! I played 2 years of an FSU Dynasty and had sooo many dropped passes. God it pissed me off to no end. I got kinda bored though playing as FSU so I made a team for Orlando and have mainly just been playing a GM role and have won about 5-6 championships in a row hehe.

Anyway, as stated, the ballspotting sucked in 2k4 too. There were so many times when I'd lose a challenge because of just plain awful spots.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This wasn't isolated to one game nor was it isolated to one team. I'm glad you guys can have fun, but when my wide-outs drop wide open passes and catch them in triple or quadruple coverage, something is up.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
btrboyev said:
can't wait until madden comes out so people will find that its just as bad as ncaa was this year.

Way to change the subject.

Ball spotting sucks, and really ruins the game for me. I love when my 1st and 10 6 yard run becomes 2nd and 6.

Bullshit!

Top Bottom