• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL2k Ball spotting is bullshit!!!

ShadowRed

Banned
DMczaf said:
LOL

This shit happened last year with him.

WTF this didn't happen with me last year my ass. Why the fuck do I get accused of this shit. SEGA servers are notorious or their crappiness, yet when something happens it's automaticly, "ShadowRed quit." WTF. I've had tons of game where the servers fuck up but I've never accused anyone of quiting yet the benifit of the doubt doesn't get extented to me. HUH? WTF ever man.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
shantyman said:
Are you insane? The ball spotting is fucked up! Not only that, it is not only not changed from last year, it's worse!

If you would only LOOK at my post I think it's pretty clear I was replying to DopeyFish's passing game gripe.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This seems like as good a place as any to mention my latest fucking bullshit bug that I found.

Most of them just annoy me(dumbass DBs in zone, Shannon Sharpe and his not knowing which way to run when he is blocking), but this has me fucking pissed.

I'm in week 11 of my franchise, playing against the redskins. I stopped them, 3 and out. It's 4th and 13, so naturally, I think they're going to punt it. But when I try to pick the punt return formation, the game freezes. I'm angry, but it's the first drive, I try again. This time I get the ball first, then stop them eventually on their drive. Punt return....no. The announcers keep looping the one line that they said while I picked it,and the game freezes. Now I figure out it's the punt return formation. So I start the game yet again after resetting, and try to pick punt return on first down.

THE GAME WON'T LET ME FUCKING RETURN A PUNT. It keeps freezing on me when I try to pick the formation, and it's only in this game. Exhibition works fine. But apparently I'm not fucking allowed to return punts against Joe Gibbs. God dammit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well, I finished a whole game without returning a punt. AND THE NEXT FUCKING GAME THE SAME THING HAPPENED.

God fucking dammit, this is bullshit. I can't pick fucking punt return at all in my franchise.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
maynerd said:
archaix - I've been able to return all of the punts kicked to me. SOunds like you have a defective copy

I was fine up until week 11 in my franchise, the 20th game I've played overall. All of a sudden, the game won't let me choose the punt return formation now. I can't even do the coach's pick on 4th down for it.

I can choose punt return formation just fine in exhibition, just not during my franchise.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Figured out why the game hated me.

As a warning to everybody else, do not substitute anybody in your punt return formation. I figured putting a backup tight end in instead of my 40 overall rated safety would help with the blocking on my returns. The game disagreed and it was a bitch to even get the substitution to register. Finally I did, and the next game was when I started having problems. I couldn't just take him out in the regular playbook, so I had to make a new one from scratch and finally I can return punts.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
OK, I tried looking at aerial views on my runs, and the ball spotting is not always wrong. I think it is the camera angle tricks my old man eyes. I eat crow now. Also, I still sort of want madden.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I'd be more than happy to spend $20 on one football game in a year. Doesn't seem like this is the year though, bring on Madden.

Top Bottom