• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN: "Spygate to Deflategate: Inside what split the NFL and Patriots apart"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
Lol, defending cheating. You're such a tool if you think I'm the only one who thinks that's a shitty stance.

Your team and home are shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

When did I defend cheating? Do you have trouble reading? Is that vein throbbing on the side of your head causing all the words to blur together?

ParityBit

They are so in the heads of the other teams, it is awesome.

Just like good old Red with the cold showers and sweltering hot locker rooms.

Florist

Neo Member
Lol, defending cheating. You're such a tool if you think I'm the only one who thinks that's a shitty stance.

If domestic violence doesnt stop people from watching, do you really think cheating will?

I dont fault pats fans for continued support of their team, its the fans that think it is impossible that any of this could have happened that make me scratch my head.

EDIT: This doesnt apply to you Dragon.

ThisGuy

When did I defend cheating? Do you have trouble reading? Is that vein throbbing on the side of your head causing all the words to blur together?

The reason I said you defend cheating is because you quoted me. I was talking about the fans who defend their shitty antics. If you take issue with what I said, you must be one of the fans who defend it.

I'll just chalk it up to more of that pat's fan super shit logic. How does a guy like you go home and sleep with his wife?

SummitAve

Banned
People way overestimate the significance spygate or deflategate could have on the competition. I just don't understand the obsession over it.

Dragon

Banned
The reason I said you defend cheating is because you quoted me. I was talking about the fans who defend their shitty antics. If you take issue with what I said, you must be one of the fans.

I'll just chalk it up to more of that pat's fan super shit logic. How does a guy like you go home and sleep with his wife?

You had shitty logic. I called you on it. So you decide to use extra shitty logic and call millions of people shit over a football team they support. Sounds like you probably need to take a step back bud.

People way overestimate the significance spygate or deflategate could have on the competition. I just don't understand the obsession over it.

If the effect it has is so minimal, why would the Patriots continue cheating? There has to be some significant upside to it for them to continue to cheat. Why else would they risk being caught?

ParityBit

What is awesome is that BOTH SI and ESPN have similar large articles (cover the same stuff) written multiple reporters released on the same day.

Keep digging your own grave NFL.

CDV13

I'm just done with all this shit. I'm happy the season starts Thursday so we can talk about the games for fucks sake and not this bs. If only the Seahawks would have ran the football, the salt would not be so high. Asshole Seahawks OC.

Edit: I'm a Browns fan so I have no ....dog.....in this fight.

Dragon

Banned
I'm just done with all this shit. I'm happy the season starts Thursday so we can talk about the games for fucks sake and not this bs. If only the Seahawks would have ran the football, the salt would not be so high. Asshole Seahawks OC.

Yeah I'm sure Thursday there will be no talk over Spygate or Deflategate :).

ParityBit

In Saban’s second year Miami upset New England. In the locker room afterward two Dolphins players said they benefited from inside information: Their team had purchased audio of Brady’s signal-calling, and it helped them figure out what play was coming

Take away their trophies!* Oh wait ....

Monster Zero

It's whatever, patriot fans are fine with it. Which is odd, but it's not like they have anymore integrity anyway. Only patriots fans like themselves. A nice ole bubble of people to love Tom Brady

I really hope the Patriots and their fans get theirs one day. I really do.

Oh they will.
Eli-Manning-28.jpg

Meet Punished Eli, A Fallen Giant.

ThisGuy

You had shitty logic. I called you on it. So you decide to use extra shitty logic and call millions of people shit over a football team they support. Sounds like you probably need to take a step back bud.

What shit logic are you seeing with your pervy eyes? I said fans who defend the pats cheating are shitty. Thats pretty spot on. How much shit can one person post. Your team is so garbage.

Troy

Banned

Yeah, "yikes" indeed. An article that contains no proof or evidence of cheating other than a bunch of players and coaches claiming they were scared of being spied on because they kept losing to the Pats. "How can this keep happening?! We're trying really hard to win, I swear, but they seem to keep beating us? WHY?!!!!"

Yeah, "yikes" indeed. An article that contains no proof or evidence of cheating other than a bunch of players and coaches claiming they were scared of being spied on because they kept losing to the Pats. "How can this keep happening?! We're trying really hard to win, I swear, but they seem to keep beating us? WHY?!!!!"
Dude you are too much of a Pats fan to bother even having a discussion with.

And before you bring up "You just mad." again. I root for the Browns and they lose to everybody so I have no particular hate for the Pats more than any other team.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What shit logic are you seeing with your pervy eyes? I said fans who defend the pats cheating are shitty. Thats pretty spot on. How much shit can one person post. Your team is so garbage.

Damn man just relax, you're getting way too heated over this.

Trey

Is anyone actually surprised? Cheaters cheat, and the fans defend their team's questionable-at-best antics because tainted championships fill the void that is left due to having no soul.

v0yce

I know. It's so weird.

Of all the awful stuff that goes on in the NFL, video taping from the wrong area and some under deflated balls in half of a blow out playoff game get this much attention.

Troy

Banned
I know. It's so weird.

Of all the awful stuff that goes on in the NFL, video taping from the wrong area and some under deflated balls in half of a blow out playoff game get this much attention.

Deflategate essentially happened years ago but no one really knows about it. Why? Because it was the Jets. Who gives a shit about the Jets?

I really hope the Patriots and their fans get theirs one day. I really do.

Meh, the Patriots had about 4 noteworthy years out of 40 prior to 2001. It's safe to say that this fanbase and franchise has "gotten theirs" already.

Dude you are too much of a Pats fan to bother even having a discussion with.

And before you bring up "You just mad." again. I root for the Browns and they lose to everybody so I have no particular hate for the Pats more than any other team.

Long time Patriots fan here who also likes other teams and franchises. I corroborate the other guy's post. This article quotes unnamed, anonymous sources and is written like conspiracy theory fan fiction. It likens NFL players, coaches, and staff to mob bosses, is incredibly biased, does not cite any sources, and quotes sources who wish not to be named. The only sources who are named are largely being quoted on statements made in the past, like Bill Polian and Hines Wards; one a GM whose all star teams perenially lost to the Patriots, the other who similarly was on the losing end to Patriots teams more often than not. Coincidentally, the story -- largely about a scandal that was written about ad nauseam almost 10 years ago -- breaks after the NFL has yet another enormous embarrassment when the league lost yet another appeal in court. Further, the article is published by ESPN which came off looking very bad in its poor reporting of the Deflategate scandal.

Spygate is something that really bothered me as a Patriots fan at the time (and I suppose since), but this article is hot garbage with nothing new, no merit, and reeks of being planted by the NFL after yet another league embarrassment.

Coux

Neo Member
"To be a sports fan is an exercise in lying to yourself and having the willingness to believe it. Even right now, there's some fan in Jacksonville that feels pretty good about their team's chance." -Ronny B.

This is the starting point if you're the fan of any team. I know it's a generalization, but we all bring some bias into this. I'm from Boston, and I know I'm not objective. Honestly, I just want the damn season to start. I'm sick of hearing about this on both sides. It's tiresome.

Florist

Neo Member
"To be a sports fan is an exercise in lying to yourself and having the willingness to believe it. Even right now, there's some fan in Jacksonville that feels pretty good about their team's chance." -Ronny B.

This is the starting point if you're the fan of any team. I know it's a generalization, but we all bring some bias into this. I'm from Boston, and I know I'm not objective. Honestly, I just want the damn season to start. I'm sick of hearing about this on both sides. It's tiresome.

Well said. Agreed.

Coux

Neo Member
Meh, the Patriots had about 4 noteworthy years out of 40 prior to 2001. It's safe to say that this fanbase and franchise has "gotten theirs" already.

True story. Being a Pats fan in the 70's and 80's was really difficult. Oooof... I still miss Grogan sometimes.

Hari Seldon

Glad I gave up on this league years ago. The only use of NFL anymore is to use it as a stat generator for playing spreadsheet football. To actually watch that commercial filled cheating shitfest is terrible.

You're part of the problem, friend. Stop being part of the problem.

We know how that story ends though. It's one of my favorites ever told.

10225383-large.jpg

Tom+Brady+Michael+Strahan+Super+Bowl+XLII+dlv9n6BO-T2l.jpg

the-catch-eli-manning-to-david-tyree-super-bowl-xlii-part-2.gif

eli42.jpeg

Man, Eli and the Giants stomping the Patriots out of a perfect season is the most beautiful ending anyone could ever ask for:

tombrady_4thquarter_react_ap_380px_020512%5D.jpg

Dragon

Banned

Seriously what are you babbling about? Are you having an aneurysm? Pervy eyes? Seriously what the fucking fuck?

effzee

It's pretty obvious that most all the Pats fans here plus those inexplicably supporting the Patriots haven't read the article.

If anything it makes Goodell and the NFL worse because of how they handled everything. The Pats stuff we all knew about.

But right it's just a hit piece NFL ordered against the Pats even if it makes them look terrible. Oh and even though the journalist is well respected, it reads like a child wrote it! But of course!

Did you guys even read it and see who wrote it?

And lol people reacting like the NFL has it out for the Pats or that they only investigated the Pats cause of ESPN's initial report. For as crazy as they call people who claim the Pats cheated, it's hilarious the hoops, mental gymnastics, and conspiracy theories Pats fans jump through.

Read the Mike Martz portion and tell me that isn't shady as hell.

This is funny because Bob Kraft personally apologized to all the NFL owners back in 2008 for the cheating by his head coach at an emergency owners' meeting.

And then Bill Belichick, at the same meeting, apologized and said they DID IT because they misinterpreted the NFL rules and thought it was legal.

Now all of a sudden it never happened?

Freaking liars.

All those Superbowls and MVP awards for the Patriots should be vacated. They are just total garbage.

If Pat's fans had any freaking souls, they would stop blindly following that creep Head Coach and demand his resignation.

Because all he's done is taint that franchise with lies, deception and poor sportsmanship and he's got Bob Kraft constantly running damage control for him.

Kraft himself is a impotent moron, but he does listen to the people who make him rich - aka the season ticket holders. So come on Pat's fans, show some self-respect and get rid of the cheating stigma you keep defending.

chadskin

It's pretty obvious that most all the Pats fans here plus those inexplicably supporting the Patriots haven't read the article.

If anything it makes Goodell and the NFL worse because of how they handled everything. The Pats stuff we all knew about.

But right it's just a hit piece NFL ordered against the Pats even if it makes them look terrible. Oh and even though the journalist is well respected, it reads like a child wrote it! But of course!

Did you guys even read it and see who wrote it?

And lol people reacting like the NFL has it out for the Pats or that they only investigated the Pats cause of ESPN's initial report. For as crazy as they call people who claim the Pats cheated, it's hilarious the hoops, mental gymnastics, and conspiracy theories Pats fans jump through.

Read the Mike Martz portion and tell me that isn't shady as hell.

QFT

This is funny because Bob Kraft personally apologized to all the NFL owners back in 2008 for the cheating by his head coach at an emergency owners' meeting.

And then Bill Belichick, at the same meeting, apologized and said they DID IT because they misinterpreted the NFL rules and thought it was legal.

Now all of a sudden it never happened?

Freaking liars.

All those Superbowls and MVP awards for the Patriots should be vacated. They are just total garbage.

Lol is that a serious reply? So the Patriots are now claiming Spygate never happened.

This team needs to be banned from the nfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom