• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN - UFC notified of potential Brock Lesnar doping violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

Bit of a weird ultimatum from Hunt that. Highly unlikely they'll compensate him by THAT much, if any, and Bellator fighters are not exactly off the juice to be fair, so maybe hes planning on retiring, and just chancing his arm?

wpid-wp-1427004386687.gif

Love the people that are saying that the testing is the problem, and not the juiced up fuck heads who are ruining the sport. Fuck the whole thing. Nick and Nate have been right the whole fucking time.

Nate accused Conor of being on steroids, so the UFC better hope he's wrong some times. Conor getting popped before a fight and then suspended would be a nightmare since they're going to be without Brock and Bones for some time.

zewone

Nate accused Conor of being on steroids, so the UFC better hope he's wrong some times. Conor getting popped before a fight and then suspended would be a nightmare since they're going to be without Brock and Bones for some time.
If Conor is juicin, he's doing a damn fine job of it. He's the most tested fighter on the UFC roster.

I'm sure GSP will pass USADA's testing no problem.

KingBroly

Banned
It was clearly from some Moose he ate

Or maybe it was some Canadian Drug (He's from Canada now, you know)

Or maybe it was from the test not realizing it was Brock Lesnar

WHYBORKWHY

IrishNinja

I'm not convinced it's having any sort of positive effect. If anything I think it's hurting the brand. We are getting huge headlines on a consistent basis of star dudes popping and big fights falling it out.

I will not be surprised whatsoever if the new ownership start to slowly cut back on testing

agreed, i'd not be surprised by that either - they bought the league for that much, they prolly feel it's okay to lax on things like the other spots do at that point, id imagine

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I'll be glad if he gets busted. I get tired of this doping shit. Stops me from watching.

No, what stops you from watching is knowing. You never really gave a shit before people can up dirty.

Just like baseball. Everyone loved when people were jacking homers.. but then steroid talk comes up, some tests show positive, and now it's a shit show of everyone fucking calling everyone a juicer and blah blah blah.

Fuck it, don't care.. let 'em do whatever the hell they want.

Acorn

No, what stops you from watching is knowing. You never really gave a shit before people can up dirty.

Just like baseball. Everyone loved when people were jacking homers.. but then steroid talk comes up, some tests show positive, and now it's a shit show of everyone fucking calling everyone a juicer and blah blah blah.

Fuck it, don't care.. let 'em do whatever the hell they want.
Put them in their own league. Ultimate Fighting Mutant Cunts.

We can get cameos for the teenage mutant ninjab turtle.

So...dumb question. But why do athletes keep doping? They aren't getting away with it anymore, and they continue to do it. Someone explain to me. I am seriously confused why they keep taking the dumbass risk.

So...dumb question. But why do athletes keep doping? They aren't getting away with it anymore, and they continue to do it. Someone explain to me. I am seriously confused why they keep taking the dumbass risk.

Because they can get away with it. For every Brock or Jones that gets busted there are probably 10 guys juicing in some way who don't get caught. The potential reward (fortune and fame) for guys that are probably already hyper competitive is always going to outweigh the risk in these guys' minds.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
After years of watching WWE pre and post roids the obvious tell with roid usage is the bit of baby fat left on the love handles. Brock's previous fights in UFC featured that fat, the Mark Hunt fight did not. I thought possibly because Brock is such a genetic freak and that he supposedly trained with all new vigor that he was able to get rid of it despite almost every athlete not being able to.

Guess my theory on love handle fat and roids was correct.

It just amazes me at the sheer amount of people who believe the majority of athletes are clean.

These guys dope because dope masking is on average 6 months to a year ahead of testing. The guys who get caught just get sloppy.

Lance Armstrong was tested hundreds of times but never got flagged. He must have been clean all those years right?! Why the witchhunt?

jmdajr

After years of watching WWE pre and post roids the obvious tell with roid usage is the bit of baby fat left on the love handles. Brock's previous fights in UFC featured that fat, the Mark Hunt fight did not. I thought possibly because Brock is such a genetic freak and that he supposedly trained with all new vigor that he was able to get rid of it despite almost every athlete not being able to.

Guess my theory on love handle fat and roids was correct.
Why does Roman Reigns wear a vest then?

Because they can get away with it. For every Brock or Jones that gets busted there are probably 10 guys juicing in some way who don't get caught. The potential reward (fortune and fame) for guys that are probably already hyper competitive is always going to outweigh the risk in these guys' minds.
I guess I just assume they're all getting (mostly) caught now-a-days. How many cases have we heard where UFC athletes specifically are caught? Seems like it is getting more and more. At some point the risk has to start outweighing the reward, I'd hope.

Acorn

Good luck with that.

Look at the average pay for fighters and then me Mark Hunt is worth 1.25 million.
If it's confirmed he fought a cheat AGAIN he absolutely has grounds to ask for that. Whether you think he's worth it or not is irrelevant, if ufc feels that way they can release him.

Gattsu25

Banned

Similarly, for every person who doesn't dope (e.g. Serena Williams) there are probably 10 people who do surreptitiously (e.g. Maria Sharapova).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom