• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

Pretty much. I'm doing the same debate ;_; I'm edging towards Nightseeker with a back-row Dancer. The chase setup won't take off for awhile and, by the time it does, it'll be quite some time in the game. Might as well go with the better random encounter default setup (L/F/N | D/R) and swap as necessary for FoEs.

Edit: Plus, Status Effect -> Bonus Damage combo from Nightseeker seems more viable than Sniper's setup anyway.

I also have no idea if keeping my Fortress is even a long-term thing, really, but that's a matter for late game planning, I suppose.
I'm keeping my Sniper until the Arcanist is available. It seems like a great class, but really expensive TP wise.

I really really want a nightseeker on the team but I feel like it just doesn't fit that well, its like too many cool classes want to be in the front row

scy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses the portraits as a factor =P

I may min/max things but I still need to like the portraits!

I really really want a nightseeker on the team but I feel like it just doesn't fit that well, its like too many cool classes want to be in the front row

Seriously ;_;

I've just come to accept that I'll eventually back-row the Fortress so I might as well utilize the changed Row Switch mechanic! Yeah! Rationalizing!

Thoughts on the Sniper +hit rate skill? It doesn't affect chance to apply binds or anything like that right?

It's just an increase chance of the attack itself landing; status affliction is another matter.

Delcious Brown Dancer means she's never leaving my team, even when I retire everyone.

Well obviously.

crying_squid_girl.gif

OceanBlue

Yay, it finished! But it doesn't have my save data?

Edit: Never mind. I just had to click New Game. That scared me for a second.

Velcro Fly

Going to go pick my copy up at GameStop in a little while. Can't wait to check out the goodies that come with the game!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
So around how much HP will your party have by end game?
At level 99 its in like the 350-600 range depending on class before any kind of skills or hp enhancing gear.

edit: so more realistically probably 300-400ish?

cjkeats

Just got my copy, listened to the soundtrack on the drive to campus. It's okay, fun to hear the MIDI versions, but I'd have much rather the full versions. The art book has some cute stuff in it, I really like the art that puts the characters in places like school, and normal worlds, etc. I'd buy a full book of this series artwork.
When I first saw the game I saw the cover of the art book and thought it was gonna be a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance like story, where average people get pulled into a fantasy world. Then I read about what the game was about and was bummed out.

This is going to be my first Etrian Odyssey. Is there anything special I need to know before I jump into this one, or can I just wing it and be fine? I never got around to playing the demo so i'm going into this one blind.

Althane

This is going to be my first Etrian Odyssey. Is there anything special I need to know before I jump into this one, or can I just wing it and be fine? I never got around to playing the demo so i'm going into this one blind.

This game is more forgiving than the earlier ones in the series. Here's a basic rundown:

Rest - Reset skill points at the loss of two levels.
Retire - Remove the adventurer and bring in a new one at level 30(?). Depending on what level you retired the adventurer at, the new adventurer gets bonus skill points (up to 5?) and an increased level cap (at least, it was in EO3).

Don't be afraid to rest your part if you need a different skill set.

Bosses can be ground (grinded?) for cash/experience later on. Getting people up to speed is easy.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

Just play the demo?

This is my first EO and found that the few mechanics that weren't plainly obvious were well explained.

You aren't supposed to fight the big monsters when you see them.

If you're new get a fortress with taunt, it will SAVE you

Medicas(healing item) are cheap, take like 8 with you.

There's a rope item to take you out of a dungeon, always have one.

Harvesting = easy money

rest is important, you lose 2 level and you can respec, it's great.

Don't be a casual and play in normal

Top Bottom