• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

Kazerei

Banned
Bawww. Fire Emblem Awakening was available at the stroke of midnight, but I guess Nintendo don't care about other games :(

Heh, I'm on normal for the demo, and the only thing I was worried about is permadeath, so yeah - normal it is!

Just bring some of those ropes that send you back to town and you'll never have problems.

When you're facing a high probability of a game over after several F.O.E fights and you succeed, you get the best feelings I've ever had with any game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unchained Blades went up at the normal thursday time and the rest of the third party games were released weeks/months after their retail releases also on the normal thursday time.

I wonder which sites are going to review this game, haha

(I know reviews don't matter, but I hope it gets good scores so more people give it a chance)

(I know reviews don't matter, but I hope it gets good scores so more people give it a chance)

I read IGN's review of EO3 last night - the reviewer HATED the game. He still played through it and recommended it to people who might like that sort of thing though :)

I read IGN's review of EO3 last night - the reviewer HATED the game. He still played through it and recommended it to people who might like that sort of thing though :)

well, IGN has always been a shitty site to go read about JRPG's... I also wonder how much of the game he played, it's not a game that a reviewer can just rush and finish.

ohlawd

oh my lawd this will not bode well.

iirc, the Atelier Arland games got trashed review-wise for being cutesy and "pandering".

Koroviev

Unchained Blades went up at the normal thursday time and the rest of the third party games were released weeks/months after their retail releases also on the normal thursday time.

Well, I suppose I'm glad that I preordered in that case. I'll save the 16GB real estate for Nintendo and e-shop exclusives.

vall03

Destructoid might be the first one. Someone there seems to be playing the game and enjoying it. Also said that the review might be up soon.

Oh god, please don't read that IGN EO3 review. This is why I hate games journalism sometimes. Instead of describing the gameplay, it focuses on just whining "why is it like this, this should be like that" etc.

Destructoid might be the first one. Someone there seems to be playing the game and enjoying it. Also said that the review might be up soon.

Oh god, please don't read that IGN EO3 review. This is why I hate games journalism sometimes. Instead of describing the gameplay, it focuses on just whining "why is it like this, this should be like that" etc.

"I don’t enjoy level-grinding for no apparent reason, but on the off-chance that you’re one of those people that do, this might be the perfect game for you. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nah, I exaggerated a bit but hey I feel the scores are too low anyway.

Rorona and Meruru have mid 60 scores, Totori has a surprising 74.

If it's a niche JRPG that's decent it's going to get a 60-75, you need more Doritos/Mountain Dew to get a good score

Heh - I read a few reviews of it (I was considering getting EO3 at the time instead of EO4). RPGamer did a great job reviewing the game, the reviewer even got his wife involved for the multiplayer.

Edit: That wasn't RPGamer I was thinking of, but RPGFan

On the other hand, the map also includes a feature that saved me countless hours: auto-pilot. You can lay down a path wherever you like on the map and follow it automatically, be it a path to the stairs down to the dungeon's next level or just a loop that you can follow for an infinite number of random encounters. This feature is outstanding, and really relieved the pain of grinding for XP. I would set up an auto-pilot loop, put my DS on my desk, and lay my phone on the A button. When a battle came along, my team just did basic attacks over and over until they won. I had to pick up the phone at the end of each battle and put it back down again, but that was the extent of my involvement. All in all, I'd guess that my phone played at least 20 hours of this game, and I really appreciated that, even though it made me a little sad to think that the game didn't really need me to play it. It was nearly self-sufficient.

So I checked my Amazon order...and the damn thing was shipped to my home instead of the school mailroom ;____;

Gonna have to wait a couple days for it now...

Cannot wait for this game, only a few hours left till I can dig in :)

Still no idea what characters I'll use. I had the damnedest time with the other 3 games choosing a party.

branny

Still no idea what characters I'll use. I had the damnedest time with the other 3 games choosing a party.
Omg, seriously. I think I honestly waste more hours coming up with overall guild theme, meaningful character names, portrait harmony, and skill builds for every party member than I actually spend time playing. It's been like that with every single EO so far for me, too, lol.

I finished all that crap this time before even starting the demo, though, so I'm all set for EO4 when my copy arrives later today or tomorrow. :D

Sorry, Fire Emblem.

vall03

I just got trolled by the eShop. It notified me first thing that a game on my wishlist is now available. But when I checked, the game is still not available... fuuuuu

Bururian

Omg, seriously. I think I honestly waste more hours coming up with overall guild theme, meaningful character names, portrait harmony, and skill builds for every party member than I actually spend time playing. It's been like that with every single EO so far for me, too, lol.

I finished all that crap this time before even starting the demo, though, so I'm all set for EO4 when my copy arrives later today or tomorrow. :D

Sorry, Fire Emblem.

My guild name is "Rockmen"

This was going to be my first e-shop download, but if it doesn't go up in the next couple of hours, I'm just gonna go grab a physical copy.

Ricker

Well I killed all those baboons in the Old Mines and got to level 8 in the demo...didnt get the call that the game arrived where I pre-ordered it here from a local store(Microplay)but I will go check today anyway...and I am keeping my Medic :p...(I am playing on casual anyway).

So I have Lanks and Fortress in front and Medic,Runemaster and Nightseeker in the back.

Althane

So should I set my party up with three in the front and two in the back, or two in the front and three in the back? Like put the Dancer with the Landsknecht or with the Runestalkers?

Since the Dancer is a line buffer, you can have them switch rows whenever you need to pump a line up. I'd start 3/2 since the front line is more likely to take damage, but that's just me.e

Wait guys! Am I a pedophile if I buy this game today? ^_^

Only if you want to be.

So should I set my party up with three in the front and two in the back, or two in the front and three in the back? Like put the Dancer with the Landsknecht or with the Runestalkers?

It's all up to you, remember that you can change your rows every turn without any penalty, I generally have my dancer in front with my Fortress who will need most of the healing. Later in the game I will also make her into a "Chaser", when that happens I'll want her to be in the same line as my Landsharkljasdaidijasdadhfh most of the time for crazy damage

While she's dancing you can change her from the front row to the back row and by the end of the turn you'll heal everyone in any row she's in, it's pretty convenient.

I'm using:
L/F/D
R/S

but there's not really any "right way" to set your party

Top Bottom