• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU Hardware Sales (June & July 2024)

xiskza

EU Hardware YTD (July 2024)

PS5 - 1.50M (-23%)
NSW - 0.78M (-32%)
XBS - 0.21M (-38%)

EU Hardware YTD (June 2024)

PS5 - 1.3M (-16%)
NSW - 0.7M (-32%)
XBS - 0.2M (-37%)

As usual:
Console hardware sales cover Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Via Astral Lion

These numbers were leaked a month back but they have been confirmed

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Winning Election Day GIF by Creative Courage

PS5 selling almost 3 million in Europe at the price that its at almost 4 years later and during summer is good

Edit: im an idiot. Move along

Last edited:

jm89

Then it sucks,

But i realized it doesn’t include all
Europe like Germany and UK so…
They need a price drop.

You'd think they'd take advantage by dropping the price in a year where xbox consoles sales are collapsing and nintendo just coasting.

We know there are economic reasons and cost reasons why they won't drop the price, but they are serously hampeing their current gen adoption and possibly hurting sales of current gen only games.

Just watch them be dumb and drop the price around the time switch 2 launches.

Last edited:

Natsuko

If Spain is anything to go by then Xbox has no retail presence in Europe.

The only time I’ve seen Xbox games in the shops there in the last 5 years is pre-owned 360 titles.

Spain is PlayStation territory, always has been. Even Nintendo hasn't always had the popularity it currently has in Spain. There were countries in Europe where the Xbox was quite popular. Here in Germany, for example, it used to be reasonably popular. Not like the PlayStation, but it was okay. But demand has completely collapsed here. Various retailers have also confirmed this to me in conversations. Hardly anyone wants an Xbox anymore.

Natsuko

People are hard up.

Cost of living is a real issue.

That certainly plays into it, yes. I can only speak for Germany and Spain. But from what I've read, it doesn't look any better in other countries. Inflation is high. Here, the argument is often that people can buy no-name products. Unfortunately, the reality in the supermarket is different. Even cheap products have risen enormously in price.

Since I earned my first money, saving has been part of my life. It's getting harder and harder to have something left to save at the end of the month. Unfortunately, salaries haven't risen anywhere near as much as prices. At least in Germany, energy costs alone have literally exploded. That's also a big issue in the economy. Companies are struggling with it just as much as private consumers. Not all of the economy's problems are due to the high energy prices since the war in Ukraine. But a good part. If people like us are already starting to have to pay more attention to money, who live economically and are not wasteful, I don't want to know how people who are not so stingy are struggling. You have to have the money for a console first. In Spain there are other problems too, such as enormous youth unemployment. Enough people already had a hard time there before the war and inflation.

But this is probably not a European problem. You see a lot of similar concerns on Reddit on the other side of the Atlantic these days. In recent years, many people have probably had to watch their money even more than before. Consoles and games are luxury products. You buy them when you have money to spare. And above all, they are potentially interesting products for families. Family means more heads, but not more salaries. They suffer most from rising costs.

I remember some people saying they wouldn't want to be early adopters to maybe save $50 after the console comes down in price afterwards 🤡

And here I bought mine on release date for $400 :messenger_winking:

Loboxxx

Neo Member
How can the leaders of a division that has spent more than $100 billion in 4 years to sell even less than their previous machine, which was already a disaster, continue? How come no one is calling for their heads?

How can the leaders of a division that has spent more than $100 billion in 4 years to sell even less than their previous machine, which was already a disaster, continue? How come no one is calling for their heads?
I have to come to the conclusion that Phil must have something really damning on Satya. He should have been gone long ago. Him and his bloody gamepass vision that managed to utterly destroy the Xbox brand. What a complete joke and laughingstock Xbox has become under him.

Unknown?

I have to come to the conclusion that Phil must have something really damning on Satya. He should have been gone long ago. Him and his bloody gamepass vision that managed to utterly destroy the Xbox brand. What a complete joke and laughingstock Xbox has become under him.
It's his "career" moment! That and all the good eating he has done!

Three

I'm pretty sure Phil and Satya are on the same page of "software and services" and neither care about xbox the console equally.

More likely Satya Nadella is dictating things top down to to Phil.

Remember, this is the guy who killed off Windows Phone in a heartbeat when he took charge.

Replacing Phil won’t change a thing, and considering MS are doing great financially Satya’s going nowhere either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom